The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: muslims are just brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Of course many muslims are regular ole folks. But many if not the majority are infidel haters.

Pete
    I'm not picking a fight, but am genuinely curious as to how you arrive at that opinion. Is it personal experience? Or are there valid surveys that support that? I think Islam has a higher percentage of intolerance and bigotry than most other religions, but I wouldn't say that the majority of practicing Muslims are "infidel haters".

If we consider non-repubican, non-Christians as "infidels" for the sake of argument, then most republicans are infidel-haters as well by that definition, by my perusal of this forum.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm not picking a fight, but am genuinely curious as to how you arrive at that opinion. Is it personal experience? Or are there valid surveys that support that? I think Islam has a higher percentage of intolerance and bigotry than most other religions, but I wouldn't say that the majority of practicing Muslims are "infidel haters".

If we consider non-repubican, non-Christians as "infidels" for the sake of argument, then most republicans are infidel-haters as well by that definition, by my perusal of this forum.
    It depends, do you consider yourself an "infidel??"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Hahahahahahaha.....oh that is just precious. Lets see-- in todays world: Christain wackos want to convert non christains to Christ, through such nefarious means as prayer, music, community works, assitance to needy and worship. Muslim extremists well they tend to blow things up, kill their own daughters, celebrate when things get blown up and do NOT welcome any "infidel" type people into their churches. Great comparison there Dave. Tell me would you rather be bible thumped or blown up? Insult your christain neighbor or insult your Muslim neighbor-which makes you more comfortable? Ask South Park about that little issue. How many threats did they get when they insulted Christ-none. How about when they went after what's his face Mohamad or however you spell it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Hahahahahahaha.....oh that is just precious. Lets see-- in todays world: Christain wackos want to convert non christains to Christ, through such nefarious means as prayer, music, community works, assitance to needy and worship. Muslim extremists well they tend to blow things up, kill their own daughters, celebrate when things get blown up and do NOT welcome any "infidel" type people into their churches. Great comparison there Dave. Tell me would you rather be bible thumped or blown up? Insult your christain neighbor or insult your Muslim neighbor-which makes you more comfortable? Ask South Park about that little issue. How many threats did they get when they insulted Christ-none. How about when they went after what's his face Mohamad or however you spell it?
    I knew someone would play that card. That wasn't the point at all, but for those who want to make it that, have at it. I won't bother to explain.

I never got an answer to a legitimate question. What made the poster feel that many muslims are filled with hate? The several that I know get along well with us Christians, and actually, the issue never comes up. I see much more anti-Islamic hatred on this forum from Christians, than I do the other way around, in my everyday life. If you choose to paint all muslims with the saudi 9-11 hijakers, that is your perogative. But if that's the case, I would not be so comfortable with all the high level US officials of both parties being so snuggly with the Saudis. We've all seen the pictures of hand holding and smooching the bearded king, right? He is much closer to the hijakers than the muslim driving your cab to earn a working man's dollar.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I respectfully disagree Sarge. Only those with clean pasts can defend themselves? We are fighting a war against Islamic terrorism-that would be the Muslim faith's direct connection. I have a clean past, not so much as a stone thrown at anyone, regardless of faith. I will not happily accept the empty reasurrances from the Muslims about how much they are a people of peace-while they dance in the streets when our country was attacked. Where in the hell is the peaceful majority who supposedly "disavows" the radical element of their faith? Probably the same place as the lawyer is who defended the aduterous Iranian woman-terrified of their own kind. I don't know about most christains, but I sure as heck am not afraid of my fellow christains when I disagree with them. History is full of really bad people, it is defined by good people who do the right thing. Allowing the Politically Correct to take over and toss out common sense is a huge mistake.
    I have had contacts with many Muslims in my lifetime before and after 9/11. I continue to do so. We have been guests in each others homes.
    Most are not Christian haters or American haters. I am a Christian and I am very plain that I do not wish to become a Muslim. Still, I have not felt any animosity at all from them.

The more moderate Muslims have been condemning the acts of the jihadists. The problem is, it only makes the the inside pages of the newpapers.

We are fighting a war against jihadists, not the whole of Islam. It is a war against zealots, not everyone in the Muslim faith. It is a distinction we ignore at our own peril. If we take on Islam without discerning the threat from the benign, we will then run a risk of having the good go to the "dark side".

If you care to see street demonstrations as proof of Muslim rage towards America, then consider the Muslim view in the Middle East when the images of protesters against the NYC mosque were broadcast there. Both are inaccurate views of us and of them, which serves to sell print space.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-05-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    We are fighting a war against jihadists, not the whole of Islam. It is a war against zealots, not everyone in the Muslim faith.
    Jeez Zeus....you sound almost identical to George W with those comments. Which makes one wonder....where was the anti-Islamic hatred when Bush cautioned not to seek revenge against all of islam, and made it clear that we are NOT at war with Islam....only the radical extremists???

Funny how all this Islamophobia and religious intolerance gets stirred up as the election season approaches. could it just be coincidence?

Jeez Zeus....you sound almost identical to George W with those comments. Which makes one wonder....where was the anti-Islamic hatred when Bush cautioned not to seek revenge against all of islam, and made it clear that we are NOT at war with Islam....only the radical extremists???

Funny how all this Islamophobia and religious intolerance gets stirred up as the election season approaches. could it just be coincidence?
    Fear is a great motivator. If I can get you to fear, I can get you to stop listening to reason. If I can feed that fear, then I will have your unquestioned loyalty. Fear is in every political operative's play book.

Fear prevents the real issues from being on the agenda. It is a great smoke screen. It keeps everyone's focus elsewhere chasing ghosts.

The danger is that fear can run amok. It did in Germany in the interwar period. We know what happened then.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Fear is a great motivator. If I can get you to fear, I can get you to stop listening to reason. If I can feed that fear, then I will have your unquestioned loyalty. Fear is in every political operative's play book.

Fear prevents the real issues from being on the agenda. It is a great smoke screen. It keeps everyone's focus elsewhere chasing ghosts.

The danger is that fear can run amok. It did in Germany in the interwar period. We know what happened then.
    So....what are the real issues??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Sunday School Teacher/Preacher Kills 8 year old girl
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message769276/pg1

Preacher killed wife, stuffed body in freezer, police say (includes sexual abuse and incest)
    http://articles.cnn.com/2008-07-31/justice/preacher.freezer_1_freezer-body-sexual-abuse-and-incest?_s=PM:CRIME

Christian bomber
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/22/va.bombarrest/

Eric Robert Rudolph
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph

I am also pretty sure you can find some abortion clinic bombing that were done by Christians if you look.
    We won’t even go into those catholic preist converting little boy….

All organized religion is corrupt to some point and all have “issues” to put it mildly.

Not defending muslims or knocking Christians, just saying your argument is weak and people who live in glass houses….. Bible thumping and blowing things up can go hand in hand in any religion if the person doing it is crazy enough
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Sunday School Teacher/Preacher Kills 8 year old girl
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message769276/pg1

Preacher killed wife, stuffed body in freezer, police say (includes sexual abuse and incest)
    http://articles.cnn.com/2008-07-31/justice/preacher.freezer_1_freezer-body-sexual-abuse-and-incest?_s=PM:CRIME

Christian bomber
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/22/va.bombarrest/

Eric Robert Rudolph
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph

I am also pretty sure you can find some abortion clinic bombing that were done by Christians if you look.
    We won’t even go into those catholic preist converting little boy….

All organized religion is corrupt to some point and all have “issues” to put it mildly.

Not defending muslims or knocking Christians, just saying your argument is weak and people who live in glass houses….. Bible thumping and blowing things up can go hand in hand in any religion if the person doing it is crazy enough
    Both of you made your negative points.

Awesome!!

Now....we have an issue.....it is a real issue.....Muslim related fasnatics are trying to kill America.
    There are quite a few of them.

Say only 2.5% or 1% or even .25% of all these religions are fanatics.

Do the math............
    Muslims--1.6 Billion +
    Americans--312 Million +

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-05-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis