The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: muslims are just brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    But by implication, you were holding an entire religion responsible for the acts of a relatively small number of maniacs. I suspect we can come up with just as many maniacs of our own. Your grounds for condemning all Muslims would apply just as well to all Christians.

If you read the whole comment, I specifically stated that the whole religion was not responsible, your statement is foolish.

It's OK, I don't read your pompous vebose crap either.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-05-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    What is your source for that info or is it grabbed from the ether?
    My source is information available on what Muslim clerics teach, young men who have done 2, 3 and 4 tours in country and several Muslims I know (1 named Mohammed Ali!!) who have told me what the general sentiment is in Iran & Iraq.
    That is why they came here.

Nice "snarky" cheap shot though, no content, status quo for you.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So....your assuming??

Any way, my post on the thalmus is not an indictment that all Muslims are mean.
    But they are raised with an indoctrination of at the least dis like for America & Americans.

Even though they may not buy it 100%, some is still there.

Example: The racial prejudices that existed in the 50's & 60's, though many have worked hard to remove them, when you are raised with it it is difficult to completely overcome.
    Same with the anti-American prejudice Muslims are many raised with.
    (no, I don't know how many exactly)

Everyone has them, if you "independent middle of the roaders" try to claim you are 100% free of prejudice of bias I would tell you to your face--"YOU ARE A LIAR!!"

RK
    I totally agree.

I've thought about this all day, while training, going to church and seeding the wetland. I guess the only thing I can say to Corey is that those examples are not people following the teachings of Christ.

Jihadists are they following their leaders(That would be the M guy) teachings? Well gosh and by golly- that would be a yes. Go figure. I don't like condeming a whole religion, I just want them to deal with this extremism and quit blaming us.

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    How many videos of beheadings, women raped and then condemned to death by stoning, women with their noses cut off, lunatic clerics espousing hatred of the west, does it take to convince a guy like you?? You won't be happy until they're cutting heads off people in your own back yard. Where's the similar evidence of Christians acting the same way that you keep talking about? And please, not from hundreds of years ago, Nancy already addressed that very well at the beginning of this thread.
    Walt
    How many civilians have to die at the hands of American troops and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan to convince you that all Americans are evil and determined to wipe out Muslims? That number is larger than the number of people decapitated in videos, stoned to death or having their noses cut off. Obviously, we assume that people understand that the incidents where we have caused civilian deaths were either accidents of war or crimes, and that those actions do not reflect the policies or attitudes of our country. You might want to consider the possibility that the same is true of the incidents that bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    I've thought about this all day, while training, going to church and seeding the wetland. I guess the only thing I can say to Corey is that those examples are not people following the teachings of Christ.

Jihadists are they following their leaders(That would be the M guy) teachings? Well gosh and by golly- that would be a yes. Go figure. I don't like condeming a whole religion, I just want them to deal with this extremism and quit blaming us.
    I don't believe, based on the Muslims I know (and in some cases count as relatives) or my readings concerning the Muslim religion that Islam is any "bloodier" than Christianity -- either in the teachings of their respective religious texts or in their histories. There are many who consider themselves to be Christians that have expressed sympathy with those who have been accused of killing physicians who have performed abortions. There are many who consider themselves to be Muslims who have expressed sympathy with those who have committed acts of terrorism against America. I don't think either can be blamed on religion.

There is a minister in Murfreesboro TN who has promised public burnings of the Koran and has been part of the inflammatory rhetoric contributing to a deliberate burning of a new facility being constructed by a local group of Muslims that has existed peacefully in the town for the last 30+ years. What makes him different or better than any of the radical Imams inciting hatred? The answer is simple -- nothing. He is the same and deserves the same condemnation.

Yes Jeff that minister in TN does deserve condemnation. I do not support that behavior. I volunteer for the CPC here in town, no wackos there, no condemnation of doctors who perform abortions-just trying to help young pregnant girls. At least we are not chopping their heads off or stoning them. But anyway.....I'm sure that we will see all kinds of good will from Muslim countries next Saturday, no dancing in the streets, no Islamic companies paying $$ for little terrorists killing american soliders. War? What War?

Again it goes back to following the teachings Jeff-which you avoided by showing how people are not following the teachings of Christ.

OTOH:

"The beginnings of Jihad are traced back to the words and actions of Muhammad and the Qu’ran.[38] This encourages the use of Jihad against non-Muslims.[39] Sura 25, verse 52 states: “Therefore, do not obey the disbelievers, and strive against them with this, a great striving.”[40] It was, therefore, the duty of all Muslims to strive against those who did not believe in Allah and took offensive action against Muslims
    Last edited by Pals; 09-05-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: I'm crabby

Banned

Good post. Very thoughtful. I guess, as a Christian, there is really only one question to ask. What would Jesus do? Somehow, I think his reaction would be different than ours has been.

Yes it would. And He would be none to happy with me right now either.

Banned

Yes it would. And He would be none to happy with me right now either.
    But he would forgive us both.

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    So you consider a man that burns a book the same as a man that will douse someone in gas and light him on fire? Almost the same thing right? Did you watch that video? You bring up one man that's going to burn a book and compare it to that?
    And I don't need you to tell me what I might want to consider. I can make my own decisions without your help. It's you that needs to reconsider just how much your love of diversity puts us all at risk.
    Walt
    I consider him the same as Imams that preach hate for America and for Christians.