The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gator Season 2010

Default Gator Season 2010

How 'bout these babies? Nothing like Fall in Louisiana!

What's for dinner? Dinosaur!

Last edited by Franco; 09-05-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Yucky! Are gators finally off the endangered species list? Seems like there are now more gators all over the south than anyone really needs.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

They been off the list for nearly 35 years.

Gator fisherman bring thier catch to the Processor (cooler photo).

They get skinned, then the meat is deboned from the arms, legs and tail. Heads are sold in tourist shops. Most of the skins go to Italy after they've been tanned.

Pictures are of wild gators. We have gator farms that harvest them at 4 foot.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-05-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I thought that Florida still protected them quite a bit ... but gators are one of the reasons I like living in the north

It appears that very little goes to waste.

Doesn't look like any of those buggers are less than 4 ft!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

i'm headin' to baton rouge in 60 days or a bit less to pick up a new pup..........i can always use some gator meat. whats the goin rate franco and can you hook me up?

Wow!!! Some of those are huge. We are watching Swamp People right now-think we are officially addicted. Pretty neat show. Husband wants to know how much the average gator will net.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i'm headin' to baton rouge in 60 days or a bit less to pick up a new pup..........i can always use some gator meat. whats the goin rate franco and can you hook me up?
    Around $6.-$7. per pond. Google "CajunGrocer" and have them send you some. Any of the seafood retailers in Lafayette or Lake Charles would have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Wow!!! Some of those are huge. We are watching Swamp People right now-think we are officially addicted. Pretty neat show. Husband wants to know how much the average gator will net.
    About $125 average.

On tonight's "Swamp People" on History Channel, they showed where Troy leased some new property. He probably got it for less than $1,500 and they show him taking 39 gators out the first day. Plus, he got one on the way out after setting his bait out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Around $6.-$7. per pond. Google "CajunGrocer" and have them send you some. Any of the seafood retailers in Lafayette or Lake Charles would have it.
    last time i bought it at some mom and pop grocer/conv. store on I-10 in lafayette. dayum good stuff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    About $125 average.

On tonight's "Swamp People" on History Channel, they showed where Troy leased some new property. He probably got it for less than $1,500 and they show him taking 39 gators out the first day. Plus, he got one on the way out after setting his bait out.
    i just dont know how you people can hunt and train with dogs in that area. i am scared to death for my dog here in the city limits of houston as it is....seen plenty of them all my life, therer are tons of them south of here, and my dog stays on lead there......them buggers care me more than bears thats for sure