The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gator Season 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    That ain't gator "hunting" in LA. That's gator "shootin' fish in a barrel." In FL you can't use baited hooks and you can't shoot them with a firearm(except with a bang stick once you've got them alongside the boat). That said, I wish we did it like LA does it...looks easy and fun and conducive to some beer drinking, and not nearly as much hard work as our regs make it.

Well you not supposed to use a baited hook.....hang em just about the water to keep the small ones and the turttles off of it if you were to use something like that
    Trebble hook, some 40 pound braid and the fight is on w/o the bait.
    Florida mis-manages there gators to the extreem. We NEED a season like LA has instead of the quota hunts we have now. Of course Florida cannot seem to even get the permit process right.

Now as far as the 2010 GATOR season goes.....we need a center, but we are still very good. Tough to lose the class we did and still be top of the heap but FL/AL in SEC championship
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    You gotta catchem with the paddle right behind the eyes to makem give back the bird. Remember, they are more afraid of you than you of them.
    Forgot something, always bring a Golden for the decoy dog.
    You know sometimes when it is cold a big golden dog is too much for them. If you really want to bring them out bring a Boykin. Those little things are like crack to gators
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    You know sometimes when it is cold a big golden dog is too much for them. If you really want to bring them out bring a Boykin. Those little things are like crack to gators
    Here ya but, those Goldens tend to swim in circles which will allow the black dogs to retrieve the mallards.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I'm deathly afraid of water work in Florida with my Boykin. I'm trying to figure out how and where to do it. Thus far it's been restricted to pool work.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo View Post
    I'm deathly afraid of water work in Florida with my Boykin. I'm trying to figure out how and where to do it. Thus far it's been restricted to pool work.
    just stick to the ponds that only have really really big gators. they wont want to expend the energy going after small dogs....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    just stick to the ponds that only have really really big gators. they wont want to expend the energy going after small dogs....
    LOL... thank you for the confidence boost.