The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i am sick of hearing this president...

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Ok, so as an independent I agree with you the Democrats and their president have failed. We disagree on why they failed, but little significance. But before I can cast a vote for a Republican I have a question that needs to be answered. Just what exactly are the Republicans going to do differently from their previous policies that created the mess we're in?
    I've asked this before and have never received an answer. I have not heard ONE republican leader articulate their strategy on any of the major issues. As much as I'm disappointed in the Democrats performance, it is still a major improvement over the last round of Republicans we survived. The Republican Congress of the nineties gave us deregulation of energy, banking, insurance, finance, and NAFTA. Where did that lead us?
    The Republican Congress of the last decade gave us record deficits, 3 wars (all unfinanced), corruption the likes nobody alive has ever witnessed before (remember K street, Denny Hastert, Tom Delay, Bill Frist, Jack Abromoff... ) How did that work out for us?
    All I keep hearing from Republican leaders is the same old nonsense. They need to tell us what THEY want to do.
    Pssssstt...Clinton signed that one...

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    As much as I'm disappointed in the Democrats performance, it is still a major improvement over the last round of Republicans we survived..
    Sen. Coburn: "Democrats Intentionally Set Up ObamaCare to Fail"
    That's the type of thing you feel is an improvement?

If the above statement from you is really how you feel, it's just about pointless trying to convince you, but why don't you read what former Clinton Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles says needs to be done instead. Maybe having a Dem say it may have more of an impact.
    "This one is as clear as a bell," he said. "This debt is like a cancer... We can't grow our way out of this," Bowles said. "We could have decades of double-digit growth and not grow our way out of this enormous debt problem. We can't tax our way out. . . . The reality is we've got to do exactly what you all do every day as governors. We've got to cut spending or increase revenues or do some combination of that."

Now how about, stop looking for a "D" or an "R" first? Instead look for the person in your district who saying the above, then cast your vote accordingly.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    a true leader would reach across the aisles, and show how they can work together. find common ground and build upon it. doesnt have to be 100% bipartisan - thats never happened, but at least find the common ground, and show you are the type of LEADER that even a political opponent can listen to. you recognize the greatness and leadership qualities in some of your opponents, and you work with them to build trust and a strong relationship.

a charlatan and a narcissist demands the other side reach across to him, totally and unequivocally. and when they dont, he belittles them to the masses of his useful idiots.

it cant be any simpler than that, can it?

we need a LEADER, and at this point i dont care what "party" they ascribe to, so long as they ANSWER to ALL OF US!

and whoever it is better listen to the tea party, they are the real backbone. i guarantee there are more www2, korean, viet nam, and gulf war vets and their supporters there than in the "entitlements" crowd. and those guys have anted a lot more that the "entitleds", so i am with them.

barrack hussein obama is a JOKE. the only leadership qualities he has is over the mental and political blind........
    All you righties show your true colors, I have not heard one bit of bipartisanship from any of you ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    All you righties show your true colors, I have not heard one bit of bipartisanship from any of you ever.
    Ahem Roger....the "righties" you're whining about aren't running the country. And neither are you, so exactly why would anyone bother extending you an olive branch? You'd just use it to flog Bush again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Ahem Roger....the "righties" you're whining about aren't running the country. And neither are you, so exactly why would anyone bother extending you an olive branch? You'd just use it to flog Bush again.
    MG was complaining about bipartisanship. I was just commenting that no rightie here has shown any whatsoever. Everytime the Democrats suggest something the party of no votes against it. If the republicans want partisanship don't you think they should at least show some??????????????

Banned

MG was complaining about bipartisanship. I was just commenting that no rightie here has shown any whatsoever. Everytime the Democrats suggest something the party of no votes against it. If the republicans want partisanship don't you think they should at least show some??????????????
    you mean like you do all the time???

Perhaps the democrats should be more willing to compromise in order to 'suggest something' that would be more appealing to righties...

No, nevermind. That would be way too bipartisan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    you mean like you do all the time???
    So this partisan thread was started to complain about the lack of bipartisanship?

Well, Gib if you don't like what the POTUS is saying, it might be beneficial for you to know, most electronic devices have an on/off switch.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-08-2010 at 05:02 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Well, Gib if you don't like what the POTUS is saying, it might be beneficial for you to know, most electronic devices have an on/off switch.
    You talkin' about a voting machine??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis