The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Speaks

Banned

Default The General Speaks

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/gen-petraeus-florida-quran-burning-will-endanger-us-troops/19622613?icid=main|main|dl1|sec1_lnk1|168790

Petreus warns of the idiotic Hatred of Muslims that is beseeching the nation. Anybody wonder why it is occurring now, 9 years after 9-11? Why now, when we are closer to Non-violence in the Middle East than we have been for 9 years? Why is this festering wound, that was well on the road of healing infected our country again?

Gosh, it seems like only yesterday when you people were calling him "Betrayus." Now you think he hung the moon.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    ...Petreus warns of the idiotic Hatred of Muslims that is beseeching the nation. Anybody wonder why it is occurring now, 9 years after 9-11? Why now, when we are closer to Non-violence in the Middle East than we have been for 9 years? Why is this festering wound, that was well on the road of healing infected our country again?
    maybe you could tell us the why.

could you point to all the healing around the middle east, especially in countries other than Iraq, you were talking about?

thanks
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    maybe you could tell us the why.

could you point to all the healing around the middle east, especially in countries other than Iraq, you were talking about?

thanks
    Yup, Iran and Israel are almost partners now!!

OOOPS, my bad, the tension between them is at an all time high, the absolute most dangerous situation on the planet at this moment...........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Rather than jumping on the bandwagon of diversions and dodges that we typically see here, I'll repost from a different thread addressing the substance of the post.

this is just the kind of crap I'm afraid of. These nuts are determined to start a holy war, and may just succeed. I'm still wondering why all this Islamophobic behavior is just now surfacing? After 9-11, GWB made a valiant effort to quell such extremist reaction, now, it seems to be getting stirred up. Why is that?

Thank goodness Gen Petraeus and the Nat'l Assoc. of Evangelicals have the sense to discourage this kind of radical Christianity and hate-baiting.
    So its not just Petraeus. Maybe the good Christians out there will pay attention to the NAE?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/flo...ex.html?hpt=T1
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

If former President George W. Bush took action to prevent such things, could this be linked to obama's inaction?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Gosh, it seems like only yesterday when you people were calling him "Betrayus." Now you think he hung the moon.
    Great way to start the conversation. Throw a nice red herring out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

this is just the kind of crap I'm afraid of. These nuts are determined to start a holy war, and may just succeed. I'm still wondering why all this Islamophobic behavior is just now surfacing? After 9-11, GWB made a valiant effort to quell such extremist reaction, now, it seems to be getting stirred up. Why is that?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/flo...ex.html?hpt=T1
    One reason can be summed up in two words. Glenn Beck. I saw a best of Glenn Beck yesterday on FOX. That is one warped individual.
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-07-2010 at 08:37 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

any of you open minded middle of the roaders going to defend their right?
    Lots of discussion on both ends of the issue regarding the building of an Islamic Mosque/Community Center at Ground Zero. Why or why not?
    I hear lots of talk about "big goobermint" staying out of private business, and this outcry seems to contradict the laissez faire attitude. While most would agree they don't want it built, I'm just wondering if folks feel it is Constitutionally justified to deny them the right to build based on their religion, or if a special exception should be made to deny them that ability?

After re-reading the Constitution, I have to vote to let build, even though I think its a bad idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by dnf777 : 08-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    any of you open minded middle of the roaders going to defend their right?
    Lots of discussion on both ends of the issue regarding the building of an Islamic Mosque/Community Center at Ground Zero. Why or why not?
    I hear lots of talk about "big goobermint" staying out of private business, and this outcry seems to contradict the laissez faire attitude. While most would agree they don't want it built, I'm just wondering if folks feel it is Constitutionally justified to deny them the right to build based on their religion, or if a special exception should be made to deny them that ability?

After re-reading the Constitution, I have to vote to let build, even though I think its a bad idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by dnf777 : 08-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.

NOt sure why you reposted my comments, but they are still valid. According to the survey, most even on this list acknowledge their right to build. The question should be, how many open-minded AMERICANS will support their constitutional right.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!