The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The General Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I worked with engineers of many different religions when I was at Siemens. Four of them were Muslim, and they were all very nice people. I had a gastroenterologist who practiced Islam, and he treated me with great respect and compassion. My dad had heart surgery by a Muslim doctor at Cleveland Clinic. He was one of the best heart surgeons in the world for the particular surgery dad had. Same deal, he treated him with respect and compassion, and dad is doing well today because of him. He's currently planning a deer hunting trip to the UP of Michigan, then a pheasant hunt with me here in SD.

I have had the privelage to work along side some very gifted surgeons. Christians, Jews, Muslims, deists.... All very very compassionate, cared for their patients like family, and have my respect and admiration.

Those who choose to fill their hearts with hatred, fear, or ignorance will live empty lives, and probably offer little to those around them...except those willing to buy into the negativity. I really don't care what they do or think, except when it has potential to affect the rest of us, such as this idiotic, hate-motivated Koran burning. This guy is no better than the Islamist extremists who would burn Bibles.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

To your last question....why don't we see more christians speaking out as well?
    JD, I think many are doing just that.

The voices in favor of GZ mosque are just as loud as those against. And many of those in favor are in positions of influence & power. The opponents have been the object of more epithets than those in favor.

The NY Times today has an article emphasizing that this nutso preacher burning Korans has a congregation of less than 40 ... and other clergy have been trying to convince him not to do it. Nearly a dozen opposition protests of his action are planned in Gainesville. Kudos to the people of Gainesville.

While the US may be predominantly Christian (I don't have the numbers), Amercans of many beliefs (or lack thereof) will still stand up for freedoms of speech and religion and condemnation of those who try to squelch those freedoms.

I don't know, but did any Muslims gather (in the US or elsewhere) to loudly and publicly condemn the Muslim terrorists and A-Q for their violent ways?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Good, maybe you could go talk to them for a few days.
    I am sure they would love to hear what you have to say!!

RK
    You may roll your eyes all you want, but I have had the privilege to care for veterans in VA hospitals and Army Medical Centers. I have listened to their stories from Pearl Harbor survivors to Bataan survivors. Those are life's moments that I will forever treasure. Having the opportunity to care for them and their spouses is an honor that I can't describe. Life is full of wonderful, positive experiences. Those who dwell on hatred and discrimination are really wasting ATP.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    NOt sure why you reposted my comments, but they are still valid. According to the survey, most even on this list acknowledge their right to build. The question should be, how many open-minded AMERICANS will support their constitutional right.

NOT ME. This is NOT about their "constitutional right", and even as naieve as you seem to appear on most issues, it's my bet even you understand why.

UB

Since you haven't replied, let me add this as my profound view of that situation:

Last edited by Uncle Bill; 09-08-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Wouldn't the best thing for everyone be a total MEDIA blackout of this crazy person and his actions...but I guess that wouldn't make any new News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/...ing_obama_plea

"And as a very practical matter, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women who are in uniform," the president added
    Obama said, Look, this is a recruitment bonanza for Al Qaida. You could have serious violence in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan." The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

So where does it stop?

Substitute the word "movie", "book", "cartoon", "TV show", "POTUS Place" or any number of things that "could" or actually do upset the type of Muslims that behead, shoot, blow up or otherwise kill our soldiers and civilians. Do we stop the rest of our society because they get upset or offended? Imams preach about our "decadent Western civilization" all the time and how that justifies jihad.

This type of "reasoning" basically surrenders to shariah imo. Now I'm not saying that this "burning" is the right thing to do (personally i think it's pretty stupid) but not do it because of this "could" scenario, just gives more fuel to the fire, so to speak.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    So where does it stop?

Substitute the word "movie", "book", "cartoon", "TV show", "POTUS Place" or any number of things that "could" or actually do upset the type of Muslims that behead, shoot, blow up or otherwise kill our soldiers and civilians. Do we stop the rest of our society because they get upset or offended? Imams preach about our "decadent Western civilization" all the time and how that justifies jihad.

This type of "reasoning" basically surrenders to shariah imo. Now I'm not saying that this "burning" is the right thing to do (personally i think it's pretty stupid) but not do it because of this "could" scenario, just gives more fuel to the fire, so to speak.
    Exactly. I'm sick of the rest of the world having to treat Muslims/Muslim countries like they're a bunch of six year olds. From having to watch what we say, write or draw cartoons of to saving them from poverty (Palestinians), annihilation from others (Bosnians), starvation (Somalia) or natural disasters (Pakistan). It's about time that they grew up, got up from the little kid's folding card table and joined the adults at the banquet table where we don't throw acid in our teenager's face because they rejected the 14 year old we picked as their husband, don't stone women for adultery, don't hang homosexuals from cranes and don't keep our young girls ignorant and illiterate. I think I speak for the rest of civilized society when I tell Muslims you've got bigger fish to fry than worrying about some idiot and the 30-something dolts who follow him burning a Koran.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Heard on the radio ... Pastor and Imam have spoken to each other & are going to meet.

Pastor says he won't burn the Korans if Imam will move the mosque. Donald Trump has said he will buy out the investor interest in the land w/25% bonus to defuse the situation. Pastor said that the Imam has agreed ... but report said that has not been confirmed by Imam.

Everybody gets to "save face" ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Caller on the Medved show recalled: When a soldier was found in possession of Bibles printed in Afghan languages, in A'stan, the Bibles were confiscated (against military policy to prosletyze). The military (our govt) destroyed them with the regular garbage ... all of which is burned. Pope didn't vow to have a holy war. Even the most conservative Christians didn't threaten murders or beheadings. In fact, I had forgotten the incident. Is that a fair comparison?

As far as I can tell, not one spokesperson, anywhere, has condoned the Pastor's proposed Koran-burning.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com