The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obongolo's Catch and Release Program

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    Although this is going off topic, please enlighten us to which Republican policies you refer to?
    I find it hard to believe anyone can, truly, fully blame just the Republicans while using two open eyes.
    Bankrupting the country and our economy by implementing massive tax cuts while dramatically increasing government spending. That's the "short form" answer. Add to that expansion of policies making it easier to move jobs overseas and a continuation and acceleration of deregulation of the financial services industry,

Obongol's "catch and release" program is just another example of what he will do for the hispanic vote. What a clown. A disgrace to this great country. Even Dems have to be asking WTF?
    Last edited by gman0046; 09-09-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The destruction of the US economy has been a direct product of Republican policies. But of course you already know that.
    Let's "play like" for a moment and assume this is a singular truth: the FACT is that the President, the House, and the Senate (the Democrat's "trifecta") have been totally ineffective in reversing it. Where's that "Change" we were all promised?

Bankrupting the country and our economy by implementing massive tax cuts while dramatically increasing government spending. That's the "short form" answer. Add to that expansion of policies making it easier to move jobs overseas and a continuation and acceleration of deregulation of the financial services industry,
    "Dramatically increasing government" spending? Please, Jeff...do us the honor of comparing the state of the Bush economy ON THIS POINT ONLY with how the Obama administration has dealt with government spending during its two and a half year run.

And the only thing you left off of your last sentence after the comma (was that Freudian?) was " begun by the Clinton administration."

Looking forward to your spin on this regards,

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Let's "play like" for a moment and assume this is a singular truth: the FACT is that the President, the House, and the Senate (the Democrat's "trifecta") have been totally ineffective in reversing it. Where's that "Change" we were all promised?

"Dramatically increasing government" spending? Please, Jeff...do us the honor of comparing the state of the Bush economy ON THIS POINT ONLY with how the Obama administration has dealt with government spending during its two and a half year run.

And the only thing you left off of your last sentence after the comma (was that Freudian?) was " begun by the Clinton administration."

Looking forward to your spin on this regards,

k g
    Obama has been ineffective in reversing the damage caused by the policies of the Bush years, and that is his responsibility. I actually don't fault him for the stimulus program. I think it fulfilled a necessary need to prevent an all out depression. However, I also think that the administration has been warped into thinking that deficits are not really a problem, and that is very dangerous. A measure of that is that polls being conducted to evaluate the priorities of the Democratic "base" do not even list the deficit as an option when asking respondents to indicate their concerns. What does the Republican Party offer as an alternative? Even more of the same.

The deregulation was not started by Clinton. It was started by Reagan. Some of what was done then made sense. However, the excesses implemented then directly caused the collapse of the S&L industry and a tax payer financed bankruptcy of pension plans to feed investment speculation. Clinton added to the problem and Bush shoved it into high gear.

The problem with "deregulation" is that it becomes the same type of ideology as tax cuts. Any rational person understands that both policies are finite. Unfortunately, it all sounds so ideologically pure that real logic goes out the window. The Bush collapse should have been a wake up call for both parties. The Democrats haven't taken it far enough, and the Republicans want to use the collapse as an excuse for making things even worse.

EDIT: The rate of increase in Federal government expenditures more than doubled under Bush as compared with Clinton, In addition, Federal revenues grew under Clinton and shrank under Bush, whichis why we see a constant reduction in deficits under Clinton followed by dramatic increases under Bush.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 09-09-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Banned

The destruction of the US economy has been a direct product of Republican policies. But of course you already know that.
    man! darn those republican programs or entitlement! what were they thinking?

oh yeah, lincoln was a republican, and back then they enacted the baby anchor amendment.....gosh, its all our own fault....

EDIT: The rate of increase in Federal government expenditures more than doubled under Bush as compared with Clinton, In addition, Federal revenues grew under Clinton and shrank under Bush, which is why we see a constant reduction in deficits under Clinton followed by dramatic increases under Bush.
    So you're avoiding the direct comparison of "dramatically increased government spending" between Bush's 8 years and Obama's 2 1/2?

As for Clinton, all I'll say is that the "Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac" floodgates were opened....and Osama bin Laden was allowed to escape. We don't need to use too much imagination to figure out how these two ditties affect us still today...

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    So you're avoiding the direct comparison of "dramatically increased government spending" between Bush's 8 years and Obama's 2 1/2?

As for Clinton, all I'll say is that the "Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac" floodgates were opened....and Osama bin Laden was allowed to escape. We don't need to use too much imagination to figure out how these two ditties affect us still today...

k g
    I believe I addressed that in the first paragraph of my post.

Yardley, correct me if I am wrong(and I am sure you will), but didn't Clinton push for and pass the NAFTA and GATT programs? Seems like the textile industry in my town, which probably employed 60% of the population started leaving town in the early to mid '90's.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Yardley, correct me if I am wrong(and I am sure you will), but didn't Clinton push for and pass the NAFTA and GATT programs? Seems like the textile industry in my town, which probably employed 60% of the population started leaving town in the early to mid '90's.
    NAFTA was drafted under Bush I, and has been supported by every president since.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    NAFTA was drafted under Bush I, and has been supported by every president since.
    Unfortunately...... this is correct.