The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obongolo's Catch and Release Program

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Unfortunately...... this is correct.
    A good source of info (and opinion) is Thomas Friedmans's best-seller, The World is Flat. While many may strongly disagree with his politics and economics, he does make some irrufutable observations.

Most notably, the ease of information exchange and transport of goods around the world. (and services, as anyone who's spoken with cust service knows) This levels the global markets, and along with that, global standards of living. China and India want cars, air-conditioning, and electricity 24 hours a day now too. Those who had is poor, are getting it better now. Those who had it better, (us) will inevitably decline in our SOL, if we want to remain competitive.

Didn't someone just post an article about US wages being too high? Fits right into his observations. NAFTA has accelerated the flattening of the world.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    A good source of info (and opinion) is Thomas Friedmans's best-seller, The World is Flat. While many may strongly disagree with his politics and economics, he does make some irrufutable observations.

Most notably, the ease of information exchange and transport of goods around the world. (and services, as anyone who's spoken with cust service knows) This levels the global markets, and along with that, global standards of living. China and India want cars, air-conditioning, and electricity 24 hours a day now too. Those who had is poor, are getting it better now. Those who had it better, (us) will inevitably decline in our SOL, if we want to remain competitive.

Didn't someone just post an article about US wages being too high? Fits right into his observations. NAFTA has accelerated the flattening of the world.

That entire post is depressing.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

I posted the article. Unfortunately the two who commented on it missed my point completely. I was thinking along the lines of our inevitable decline in a flat world. Maybe I should add more commentary to my posts instead of assuming that my point is obvious...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Maybe I should add more commentary to my posts instead of assuming that my point is obvious...

Ah, but then you run the risk of being accused of "bloviating" or just saying "blah blah blah" and typing until you cover the subject.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

NAFTA was drafted under Bush I, and has been supported by every president since.
    Clinton signed it into law. He had the chance to veto it if he disagreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I posted the article. Unfortunately the two who commented on it missed my point completely. I was thinking along the lines of our inevitable decline in a flat world. Maybe I should add more commentary to my posts instead of assuming that my point is obvious...
    I understood what you were getting at. (Yes, JDog, I got it!) My point that I was trying to add on to yours is that if wages declined, (which makes perfect sense) people wouldn't be able to afford to live unless prices declined first. That's just what we need is more people that have to rely on someone else (the govt) to help buy groceries because the electric company is bending them over every month and continues to do so, even though everyone's wages are lower than they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Bankrupting the country and our economy by implementing massive tax cuts while dramatically increasing government spending. That's the "short form" answer. Add to that expansion of policies making it easier to move jobs overseas and a continuation and acceleration of deregulation of the financial services industry,
    How about the housing market and those subprime loans, which really broke the banks & market?

Ah, but then you run the risk of being accused of "bloviating" or just saying "blah blah blah" and typing until you cover the subject.
    Often imitated, never duplicated...........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I understood what you were getting at. (Yes, JDog, I got it!) My point that I was trying to add on to yours is that if wages declined, (which makes perfect sense) people wouldn't be able to afford to live unless prices declined first. That's just what we need is more people that have to rely on someone else (the govt) to help buy groceries because the electric company is bending them over every month and continues to do so, even though everyone's wages are lower than they once were.

The thing is, the only thing that will bring prices down is people struggling and being unable to buy stuff. Then the prices of stuff will go down because of a lack of demand. Unfortunately, lots of us are in houses that have mortgages on them. So when the price of that stuff goes down, you're really screwed. I fear that this is not going to end well for anyone, except those who make money off of exploiting cheap labor and putting Americans with their fat paychecks and lifestyles in their place.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Clinton signed it into law. He had the chance to veto it if he disagreed.
    from Wiki:

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1986 between the three nations, the leaders met in San Antonio, Texas, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it. The agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

Before the negotiations were finalized, Bill Clinton came into office in the U.S. and Kim Campbell in Canada, and before the agreement became law, Jean Chrétien had taken office in Canada.

We can quibble over "who started it", but I firmly believe that any president since Bush I, if given the chance would ratify it just the same. Its driven by multinational corporations who give billions to any and all parties who may have anything to do with legislation that will favorably impact their bottom line!

And if you think its bad now.....with the new SCOTUS ruling.........you ain't seen nothin' yet!