The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Default 9/11

on this day, i want to thank the brave firemen, policemen, and medical professionals who lost their lives trying to save the lives of others, as well as the many rescue personnel, human and canine who gave their all during the search for survivors in the weeks that followed.

this is what i choose to remember and focus on. not the hatred of those that perpetrated this horror.

i hope some of you feel the same as i do.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

....yes....
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

100%. Thank You All! I'd like to add all the military forces who are keeping us safe. And God Bless (whoever your god is) all who perished on that horrible day. Jim
    Last edited by Jim Person; 09-11-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

I pretty much agree with you. It is an important day of remembrance, reflection, and thanks for those who stand watch over our daily lives. That is what the day has come to mean to me anyway. But, in this case, our enemy is still out there and is worthy of some thought and consideration as well.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    this is what i choose to remember and focus on. not the hatred of those that perpetrated this horror.
    I'm not quite sure what context you are referring to in this statement.
    As in you personally not hating the perpetrators?
    Or in the mindset of those who made the attacks?

Imo, If the latter hadn't existed, there would be no need for the former.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Just so we keep this in context:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4s3fn8jDc

BTW Paul, you do mean focus on? you are not dismissing "those that perpetrated this horror" are you? just choosing to focus on the heros?

I expect you have a unique way of compartmentalizing that I do not have.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

May God Bless the victims, their families and friends, our country and our military. May He give wisdom to our leaders and strength to our nation.

Never Forget

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    on this day, i want to thank the brave firemen, policemen, and medical professionals who lost their lives trying to save the lives of others, as well as the many rescue personnel, human and canine who gave their all during the search for survivors in the weeks that followed.

i hope some of you feel the same as i do.-Paul
    Agree with everything you have written above. Along with remembering and honoring those that died, and those that suffered or died in trying to help; we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    ...we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.
    I expect we would have had to clean our streets many more times.

that is a course of action no reasonable man or nation would have taken. I expect that is the same thought process that brought us WW2 in Europe.

silly man...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

to the original post......Amen!

I still think Alan Jackson said it the best in his song. When it comes on, I still just stop and reflect, 9 years later.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!