The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    correct only in your twisted liberal mind. you are so wrong its funny. in a very sad way.

funny how you deleted your post quoted above after i responded. scrambling to get your twisted facts less twisted, eh???

Fifth response of only insults and diversions. Please correct me then, and tell me what significant events took place in Afghanistan with such low troop levels between '04 and '07? I don't recall even hearing the name Afghanistan on the evening news for about 5 years.

You or lil' gib.....please, just once, try actually posting something besides cute little jabs to bolster each other.

Still waiting regards.....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    no, the left wing media lost viet nam for us by talking the nation into believing we were losing.
    If you look back ,Viet Nam was the high water mark of communism. It was the beginning of the end of their expansion. In reality we won that one as communism did not have the starch to prevail after Nam.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Nice try at going on the offensive instead of addressing the issue. Just what is wrong about my statement? Are we better off today because of our reaction to 9-11? If so, how? I say, that other than appeasing the twisted need for revenge in a minority of Americans, the cost of the Warfare we have raged since 9-11 has left the nation in worse shape than if we had done nothing.
    You have got to be kidding me. Almost 90% of the population supported going to war back in 2001. and it wasn't until recently that it dipped below 50%. Please find the polls from 2001 that state only a small minority of Americans supported going to war with Afghanistan. Not sure if you are just completely ignorant or lying but either way it's not good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Almost 90% of the population supported going to war back in 2001. and it wasn't until recently that it dipped below 50%. Please find the polls from 2001 that state only a small minority of Americans supported going to war with Afghanistan. Not sure if you are just completely ignorant or lying but either way it's not good.
    Does the fact that that 90% of the population was LIED to mean nothing to you? Regardless, this is today. We now know what happened. We know what mistakes were made. And in some cases why they were made. And more important, we can evaluate the results of how we reacted. I'll take my trillion dollars back thank you, and the over 4000 dead American soldiers. We have nothing for it. Absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    In 2001, the war they supported was against whoever attacked the US. As it became clear that the attack was orchestrated by Al-Qaeda with support from Afghanistan, support for an attack of the Taliban in Afghanistan was very strong.

There was no comparable support for an attack on Iraq. In January 2003, less than half the public supported an attack on Iraq. Bush's speeches, including the State of the Union, in January 2003, followed by Colin Powell's presentation to the UN, convinced the majority of the public (not an overwhelming majority) that an attack was justified, although most still wanted to give time for UN inspections. Even by March, when the invasion was launched, less than a majority supported military action in the absence of support by the UN.

Once the invasion was launched, support rose to almost 80% in recognition of the fact that the decision was made and our troops needed our support. From that point on, support declined steadily as it became clear that almost everything the administration had claimed to win support was false..