The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Agree with everything you have written above. Along with remembering and honoring those that died, and those that suffered or died in trying to help; we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.
    Disgraceful

NCA

Dippy, you have posted more drivel then any ten people on this site but your post about doing nothing after the 9/11 attack is the most reprehensible post ever. You are as Nor Cal Angler posted a disgrace to be called an American. Why don't you pack up and leave this country. I'm sure you'd be much happier in a place like Somalia or Kenya.

Agree with everything you have written above. Along with remembering and honoring those that died, and those that suffered or died in trying to help; we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.

I have read your post, re-read your post and pondered long and hard on how to respond, or even if I should respond. The conclusion that I came up with initally was to attack you, calling you names and trying to insult you, like other people, but I held out. I think you need help, mental help. I think your family should write Dr. Phil or the other bald dude on TV. And if they are both busy, well, I guess Jerry Springer will do. Because if you think that was the right answer in your heart of hearts, you should rip it out and step on it.
    Last edited by Clay Rogers; 09-11-2010 at 11:59 PM.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

DS, since you are on ignore, I did not know about your idiotic remarks until someone quoted you. What in the world happened in your life to make you so lame?

Can't help but wonder regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

stumpholehunter has it right. Dippy is a very sick individual. Its scary people like him are walking the streets.

Lighten up guys.

In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm.

Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush) and then got out of A-stan except for some human intel and drones on an "as needed" basis.

But hey, this thread was about the sacrafices the first responders made 9 years ago, and we can all agree they are heroes. Did anyone expect a thread to remain apolitical here....really?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Lighten up guys.

In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm.
    Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush) and then got out of A-stan except for some human intel and drones on an "as needed" basis.
    But hey, this thread was about the sacrafices the first responders made 9 years ago, and we can all agree they are heroes. Did anyone expect a thread to remain apolitical here....really?
    Interesting, are you saying we were doing nothing in Afgahnistan?

I think if you check, or ask Yardley, you'll find we were doing what you just proposed we be doing in Afgahnistan.
    (except a tad more)
    But I'll bet your post "felt good."

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Just think how wonderful America would be if only we had never offended the peace loving Jihadists in the first place!

OOOOOHHH, how much better the world would be.

Can't we just do everything they demand and it will all be OK??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    I have read your post, re-read your post and pondered long and hard on how to respond, or even if I should respond. The conclusion that I came up with initally was to attack you, calling you names and trying to insult you, like other people, but I held out. I think you need help, mental help. I think your family should write Dr. Phil or the other bald dude on TV. And if they are both busy, well, I guess Jerry Springer will do. Because if you think that was the right answer in your heart of hearts, you should rip it out and step on it.
    Very nice. Your opening statement says you resisted your urge to lash out and attack. And then you proceeded to lash out and attack... Quite impressive. Guess some folks are just not capable of self control. You really should open your mind a little. Nothing I said merits any kind of negative response on the level your suggesting. I simply stated the US reaction to 9-11 was all wrong. Most people on the planet, agree with that statement.
    We tried to treat an international criminal act as an act of war perpetrated by a foreign government. Ended up attacking the wrong country and killing more innocent people than have EVER died for any reason in the US at the hands of an enemy (civil war excluded).
    It was a mistake. There is nothing disgraceful in admitting we made a mistake. It is the first step in trying to avoid one in the future.

Banned

[QUOTE=road kill;675053]Just think how wonderful America would be if only we had never offended the peace loving Jihadists in the first place!

OOOOOHHH, how much better the world would be.

Can't we just do everything they demand and it will all be OK??

RK[/QUOTE

This reply isn't directed at you personally RK, These comments are directed to the several people who seemed to have a very strange and unwarranted reaction to my mentioning that the US F-d up royally in its reaction to 9-11.
    What is it about your personalities that not only prevents you from acknowledging a basic fact, or at the minimum, an opinion that is contrary to your own? An opinion, by the way, that is also accepted by most people in the world, And even carrying it to an extreme of malicious grandiose lashing out at one who would suggest that your country made a mistake.
    The fact is, the United States reaction to 9-11, under the leadership of the Bush administration, did much more harm than good in combating international terrorism. Our reaction, which included several wars, did more to damage our country than the actual attack we suffered on 9-11. Now, if you disagree with that statement, and want to debate it, lets have at it. But you need enough self restraint to avoid name calling, rock throwing, or any other juvenile antics. Why don't you start by addressing one of the following points.
    Facts:
    We were attacked by a small group of Fanatics from Saudi Arabia.
    We attacked the wrong country in Iraq. By doing so we killed 100's of times more innocents than those that died in NY City on 9-11.
    We spent trillions of dollars and there are more people who hate us than ever on the planet. We are near bankrupt as a nation today in part because of this mistake.
    Osama Bin Laden - is still at large, and still plotting his next attack against us.