The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Agree with everything you have written above. Along with remembering and honoring those that died, and those that suffered or died in trying to help; we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.
    Jeremy Davies plays the part of Corporal Timothy Upham, a sniveling little translator hired by Captain John Miller in 'Saving Private Ryan'.

You remind me of him.

We live in Cuba now.

too bad this post has deteriorated into this retoric.. I think it was started to honor,remember,and pay respect to those who died or helped or were effected by this day. And on this one day let's all be proud to be Americans
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Person View Post
    too bad this post has deteriorated into this retoric.. I think it was started to honor,remember,and pay respect to those who died or helped or were effected by this day. And on this one day let's all be proud to be Americans
    Yes very sad...God Bless all of those who died that day...and all of those who lost someone...

It is very sad and disturbing that some people think America should have rolled over on it's belly and done nothing in response to an attack on our soil that killed thousands of innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by deppitydawg
    We tried to treat an international criminal act as an act of war perpetrated by a foreign government.
    What was Pearl Harbor? How was it any different than 9/11? Did we screw up that response also?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Interesting, are you saying we were doing nothing in Afgahnistan?

RK

Good grief man! Wipe the BS off your bifocals and read what I said before you go making unfounded statements.

Here, in case your bifocals are at the same slow repair shop as Obama's wedding ring, I'll post in geriatric print for you to see:

Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Good grief man! Wipe the BS off your bifocals and read what I said before you go making unfounded statements.

Here, in case your bifocals are at the same slow repair shop as Obama's wedding ring, I'll post in geriatric print for you to see:

Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush)
    Sorry, I thought you posted this, didn't enlarge the print for you.
    I guess even you don't read your posts.

"In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm."

Wait, I checked, that was you that posted that.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Sorry RK, that's as large as I can make it. If you still can't (or won't) see, it's time to drop it.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Agree with everything you have written above. Along with remembering and honoring those that died, and those that suffered or died in trying to help; we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.
    Like we did after the Cole Attack, or how about the first World Trade Center attack, or the Kenyan attack. Maybe we could have sat down and sang Kumbaya with the terrorists and everything would have been forgiven.

Do you even live in the real world or is your life just one big utopian journey? So sad that you are willing to be kicked in the face and are willing to do nothing about it.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Like we did after the Cole Attack, or how about the first World Trade Center attack, or the Kenyan attack. Maybe we could have sat down and sang Kumbaya with the terrorists and everything would have been forgiven.

What would YOU have done? Invade a country that had nothing to do with the attacks? Oh, wait....don't answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Sorry RK, that's as large as I can make it. If you still can't (or won't) see, it's time to drop it.
    Oh, no worries, I can see it.
    No matter how big you make the letters and how hard you try to insult me you said:

"In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm."

It's OK, I'd be ashamed of that post as well.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Very nice. Your opening statement says you resisted your urge to lash out and attack. And then you proceeded to lash out and attack... Quite impressive. Guess some folks are just not capable of self control. You really should open your mind a little. Nothing I said merits any kind of negative response on the level your suggesting. I simply stated the US reaction to 9-11 was all wrong. Most people on the planet, agree with that statement.
    We tried to treat an international criminal act as an act of war perpetrated by a foreign government. Ended up attacking the wrong country and killing more innocent people than have EVER died for any reason in the US at the hands of an enemy (civil war excluded).
    It was a mistake. There is nothing disgraceful in admitting we made a mistake. It is the first step in trying to avoid one in the future.

Guy, my mind is wide open. The only mistake we made after 9/11 was stopping where we did. Most people huh? Where did you get that stat from? Oh let me guess, 8 years after the fact, right? Some people have no intestinal fortitude to finish a job once it gets started. President Bush said it wouldn't be easy, said it wouldn't happen over night. I will not argue about Iraq, if we should have went or not, because we should have, we did, and it's done.

And if you don't think 9/11 was an act of war, your dumber than I think you are. Oh wait, you can't be. Remember December 7, 1941? Don't think a prerequiste for whooping a$$ is if your a country or a bunch or muslims looking to make a name for yourself. Bottom line, mess with US, get a boot to the groin, plain and simple.

You see, as far as I am concerned, we should have tracked down the family members of the 9/11 bombers, all of them, young and old, put them on a ship, let them set sail, and sank the dang thing. That would have been some justice. And I know, I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right, or a left for that matter, but I would have gotten a tingling feeling all over.

I hope this post is open minded enough for ya, there depittydawg. And if you think that was me being mean to you, you should probably think again.

I don't need a day to remember the service men and women that have fallen, or the innocent AMERICAN civilians that died on 9/11, because you see, I think about them everyday. As far as the innocent civilians over there, there probably aren't any.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown