The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Dip, any reply?

Dip, where do you think the 9/11 Ragheads were trained? Does Afghanistan come to mind?
    Have you ever heard of Bin Laden? Where are you getting your statistics from on saying most people were against retaliating?
    Good thing you weren't running this country when Pearl Harbor was attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Oh, no worries, I can see it.
    No matter how big you make the letters and how hard you try to insult me you said:

"In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm."

It's OK, I'd be ashamed of that post as well.

RK
    Okay, after the initial assault, and after bin Laden escaped tora borah, besides diverting forces to Iraq, WHAT DID WE DO IN AFGHANISTAN? From about 2004 to 2007, what did we do? How many forces did we have in Afghanistan compared to Iraq? Let's hear your answer. What major kills/intercepts did we make? How many times did you even HEAR the word "Afghanistan" on the evening news?

You know the point here, but you'd rather just argue for the sake of arguing.
    Last edited by dnf777; 09-12-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

no quote - it doesnt deserve repeating.

unbelievable what dippy said, but not at all surprising to me that dnf defended him.

where's buzz and yardley? are they going to defend that statement as well or keep silent, afraid to comment either way?

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    no quote - it doesnt deserve repeating.

unbelievable what dippy said, but not at all surprising to me that dnf defended him.

where's buzz and yardley? are they going to defend that statement as well or keep silent, afraid to comment either way?
    Nobody defended anything. Why don't you address the issue, rather than more useless false accusations? Just once, try it.

What is no surprise is that you rush to lil' Gib's side! Neither of you have addressed the issue. What did we do in Afghanistan besides let bin laden escape? Until recently, that is. (and I'm not defending our position there now, I wish we'd get out and focus on effective counter-terrorism tactics for our money)

How did invading Iraq help capture bin Laden, or anyone associated with the 9-11 trajedy? Please, I'm waiting for an answer, not just more baseless insults and name calling.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post

And if you don't think 9/11 was an act of war, your dumber than I think you are. Oh wait, you can't be. Remember December 7, 1941? Don't think a prerequiste for whooping a$$ is if your a country or a bunch or muslims looking to make a name for yourself. Bottom line, mess with US, get a boot to the groin, plain and simple.

You see, as far as I am concerned, we should have tracked down the family members of the 9/11 bombers, all of them, young and old, put them on a ship, let them set sail, and sank the dang thing. That would have been some justice. And I know, I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right, or a left for that matter, but I would have gotten a tingling feeling all over.

I hope this post is open minded enough for ya, there depittydawg. And if you think that was me being mean to you, you should probably think again.

I don't need a day to remember the service men and women that have fallen, or the innocent AMERICAN civilians that died on 9/11, because you see, I think about them everyday. As far as the innocent civilians over there, there probably aren't any.
    If 9-11 was an act of war, please explain to me what country is our enemy? using your logic, and the fact that we have conquered Iraq and Afghanistan, we must have won the war. Is that correct?

Of course you are correct. There are no innocent people 'over there'. And of course there are no guilty people over here.
    Watch this video and see where the kind of hatred you're advocating leads to.
    And next time you want to lash out for the sake of vengence, indiscrininately, watch this video again. And then ask yourself, how is it that I supported this? And how is it, that this actually makes me feel safer, more secure, and most of all, Proud of my country.
    Watch the children die in this this small example of unleashed, unrestrained, and miss targeted vengeance. And watch closely how the Good Samaritans, and their children, who try to help a man dying in the street are gunned down. And if you still got the dimwitted gall to criticize and attack me, for questioning the actions of our government, then perhaps you should go join our enemy, because you have much more in common with him, than with the majority in MY country.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH8X43KMrlA

oh for God's sake ddawg!!! Enough. We could post opposing video's of horrible things each and every damn day. This thread is about 9/11, how about trying this: watch our fellow citizens throwing themselves out of the towers and tell me again how this is not an act of war???? I would bet my left nut that the majority of American's do not in anyway, support what you are saying-do nothing???? Seriously?!

Where is that picture of the Gun Control sign pointing the bad guys to the neighbors house?? We need to change it up a bit.........where is Julie and her amazing photochop?
    Last edited by Pals; 09-12-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Dip, you haven't provided the statistics you say are the majority of the country. Can you please provide that for us instead of your incoherent nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Okay, after the initial assault, and after bin Laden escaped tora borah, besides diverting forces to Iraq, WHAT DID WE DO IN AFGHANISTAN? From about 2004 to 2007, what did we do? How many forces did we have in Afghanistan compared to Iraq? Let's hear your answer. What major kills/intercepts did we make? How many times did you even HEAR the word "Afghanistan" on the evening news?

You know the point here, but you'd rather just argue for the sake of arguing.

The point is you made a statement that is ridiculus, your embarrassed by it and you are backpedaling as hard as you can to deflect.
    It's what you do, daily.

The only thing happening in Afgahnistan is American soldiers are getting killed for nothing.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The point is you made a statement that is ridiculus, your embarrassed by it and you are backpedaling as hard as you can to deflect.
    It's what you do, daily.

The only thing happening in Afgahnistan is American soldiers are getting killed for nothing.

RK
    So, does that mean you're with DD in believing we would have been better off doing nothing? Or do you think pride was saved by invading Iraq, a nation that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11 and did not threaten the US, while diverting attention away fro Afghanistan, which directly supported the training and provided protection for those that were responsible for 9/11?

Personally, I support Paul's original post. I knew people who were in the building that day, and had relatives who would have been but for a stalled train. An employee's son worked a double shift as a security officer the day before and was sent home for a rest. Every single person in his team, except him, died that day.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 09-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.