The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    So, does that mean you're with DD in believing we would have been better off doing nothing? Or do you think pride was saved by invading Iraq, a nation that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11 and did not threaten the US, while diverting attention away fro Afghanistan, which directly supported the training and provided protection for those that were responsible for 9/11?

Personally, I support Paul's original post. I knew people who were in the building that day, and had relatives who would have been but for a stalled train. An employee's son worked a double shift as a security officer the day before and was sent home for a rest. Every single person in his team, except him, died that day.

Only you could interpret it that way......

All I am saying is that Little Yardley said this:

"In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm."

It's funny!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

What this thread has turned into is disgusting. Nice try anyway, Paul.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Nobody defended anything. Why don't you address the issue, rather than more useless false accusations? Just once, try it.

What is no surprise is that you rush to lil' Gib's side! Neither of you have addressed the issue. What did we do in Afghanistan besides let bin laden escape? Until recently, that is. (and I'm not defending our position there now, I wish we'd get out and focus on effective counter-terrorism tactics for our money)

How did invading Iraq help capture bin Laden, or anyone associated with the 9-11 trajedy? Please, I'm waiting for an answer, not just more baseless insults and name calling.
    that was NEVER the issue or topic of this thread. the issue is dippity saying we should have done NOTHING and if we had done NOTHING he says the world would be a better place.. you defended him, you did not say he was wrong, but instead you found a way to twist the original issue into something you could defend.

you hijacked the thread and diverted the attention.

and your "lil' gib" is cute! again, you never have anything new, fresh, or original, and just copy what RK and I do and say and relabel it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    What this thread has turned into is disgusting. Nice try anyway, Paul.
    good observation. these guys learn from the masters (messiah) how to divert attention from the real issue at hand and turn the tables.

its business as usual in most cases, but in this case it was especially despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    that was NEVER the issue or topic of this thread. the issue is dippity saying we should have done NOTHING and if we had done NOTHING he says the world would be a better place.. you defended him, you did not say he was wrong, but instead you found a way to twist the original issue into something you could defend.

you hijacked the thread and diverted the attention.

and your "lil' gib" is cute! again, you never have anything new, fresh, or original, and just copy what RK and I do and say and relabel it.
    You guys were bishin' when he said we should have done nothing. I correctly pointed out that essentially we DID nothing, after the initial assault and the point of bin Laden's escape at tora borah. From that point until 2008, as the graph shows, we kept a small contingency troop force there, and didn't do much of anything. You can't argue with that. It was not a hijak, it was related to another post, and YOU guys start the diversion and not answering questions. typical and expected.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Only you could interpret it that way......

All I am saying is that Little Yardley said this:

"In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm."

It's funny!!

RK

For the third time, you haven't answered what exactly we accomplished in Afghanistan after letting bin laden escape until the point of the surge under the current administration.

Cat got your tongue? Gibson rallied to your side already, but again with empty accusations and nothing of substance. Cute how you two huddle together when hurling your insults.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

was it a foregone conclusion that he would be captured? how did the United States military "let him escape?"
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    was it a foregone conclusion that he would be captured? how did the United States military "let him escape?"
    There's never certainty when you play "what ifs", but I think most would agree, given the circumstances, our upper echelon blew the best chance we had of nabbing him. We had good intel on his location, SF in place ready to act, and instead chose an alternate plan to involve the Afghans, and he got away.

I wouldn't say our military let him escape in any case. They were poised and ready. The great decision-makers blew that one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    For the third time, you haven't answered what exactly we accomplished in Afghanistan after letting bin laden escape until the point of the surge under the current administration.

Cat got your tongue? Gibson rallied to your side already, but again with empty accusations and nothing of substance. Cute how you two huddle together when hurling your insults.
    dude, give up. you hijacked the thread into something you could defend as opposed to dippitys statement. its plain and simple. you will never change our observation of this.

you just couldnt admit dippity was dead wrong, you had to find a weaselly angle.

when the _______ field fades you have an aspiring career as a pro-bono legal defense attorney. both rank right above sewer cleaner in most peoples minds.....oh. you already have experience there....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    dude, give up. you hijacked the thread into something you could defend as opposed to dippitys statement. its plain and simple. you will never change our observation of this.

you just couldnt admit dippity was dead wrong, you had to find a weaselly angle.

when the _______ field fades you have an aspiring career as a pro-bono legal defense attorney. both rank right above sewer cleaner in most peoples minds.....oh. you already have experience there....
    Nice try at going on the offensive instead of addressing the issue. Just what is wrong about my statement? Are we better off today because of our reaction to 9-11? If so, how? I say, that other than appeasing the twisted need for revenge in a minority of Americans, the cost of the Warfare we have raged since 9-11 has left the nation in worse shape than if we had done nothing.