The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Turning The Other Cheek

  1. #11
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    As usual you missed the point of the statement. Here it is. To do nothing and to result in being better off than we are now was an acknowledgement that the reaction we DID undertake was SO WRONG, and SO COSTLY, that we are now worse off than had we done absolutely nothing at all.
    I will admit, that as I wrote that statement, the thought of Jesus Christ did occur to me. And I strongly disagree with you that Jesus would have condoned killing innocent people, including children for Christs sake in our zeal to extract revenge and justice. When he was executed on the cross, his last statement was to forgive those who drove the spikes into his hands and feet, whipped him, tortured him and finally hung him on a cross to die. Certainly if you believe in his deity, you believe he could have struck down every Jewish person, or Roman on the planet in his vengeance.
    While I can never aspire to such humility as Christ achieved, I can at least acknowledge, that when my countries actions result in the death of innocent people, I condemn those actions and will try to make sure it never happens again.
    You need to work on reading comprehension.

    Where did I say that Jesus condoned killing anyone? In fact, I said according to him, Christians should turn the other cheek!

    I am also a believe in that the meek will not accomplish anything.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  2. #12
    Senior Member Pals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I understood your post perfectly.

    I'm not interested in another Christian Crusade, I just want the terrorist dead.

    Franco-that was directed at DeppityDawg, not you. Do you have him on ignore?

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Do me a favor and re-read my post. If, IF, we all followed Christ's teachings we wouldn't be in this position now would we???? Well guess what, we are-I prefer to defend myself and my country. I support my military and while I may not agree with our leaders I do support them. AND I pray for them-constantly. We are not war-mongers, this was brought to our shores, our shores-our citizens killed. So yes we are at war, you turn the other cheek and live happily(for about 12 seconds if those jihadist get hold of you).
    And do you believe that dropping bombs on people who have done us no harm, and shooting their children from helicopters is honorable? Do you believe it falls under the right to "defend my country"?

    Never mind answering to me. You already have. I disagree with you. I happen to think it is disgraceful and is the reaction of a coward, be it an individual or a nation. You, and others try to misconstrue my words of condemnation of our national response to a a proclamation of an appeasement strategy. They are not the same. They serve only to avert the question.
    I believe the perpertrators of the attack against us were Saudi's. They were brainwashed in Mosque's in Saudi Arabia. Those Mosques are still active turning out Radical's who hate America every day. They were and are led by members of the Saudi royal family. I have publicly called for action against this nation. I have, on this site said more than once I would support action against this nation to wipe out the hate mongering fanatics that fuel Radical Islam. For that I get ridicule and condemnation from the nuts on this site who would rather believe we are waging an effective campaign by attacking innocents in nations that have nothing to do with Islamic Terrorism. Why? Because it make you feel good?
    What has our government done given the facts that The Terrorist enemy that attacked our country originated in Saudi Arabia?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/28/wa...28weapons.html
    We're GIVING them 20,000,000,000.00 in Miliatry Aid!!!!! Come on people. Get your heads out of your collective asses and start paying attention!

    Granted you and a lot of other folks on this site hate my guts because I often point out the lies, mis-statements, and at times overt deceit that you all seem so willing to swallow, hook, line and sinker. At some point you folks need to stop reacting and start thinking. Un-circle your wagons and start paying attention.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Pals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    And do you believe that dropping bombs on people who have done us no harm, and shooting their children from helicopters is honorable? Do you believe it falls under the right to "defend my country"?

    Never mind answering to me. You already have. I disagree with you. I happen to think it is disgraceful and is the reaction of a coward, be it an individual or a nation. You, and others try to misconstrue my words of condemnation of our national response to a a proclamation of an appeasement strategy. They are not the same. They serve only to avert the question.
    I believe the perpertrators of the attack against us were Saudi's. They were brainwashed in Mosque's in Saudi Arabia. Those Mosques are still active turning out Radical's who hate America every day. They were and are led by members of the Saudi royal family. I have publicly called for action against this nation. I have, on this site said more than once I would support action against this nation to wipe out the hate mongering fanatics that fuel Radical Islam. For that I get ridicule and condemnation from the nuts on this site who would rather believe we are waging an effective campaign by attacking innocents in nations that have nothing to do with Islamic Terrorism. Why? Because it make you feel good?
    What has our government done given the facts that The Terrorist enemy that attacked our country originated in Saudi Arabia?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/28/wa...28weapons.html
    We're GIVING them 20,000,000,000.00 in Miliatry Aid!!!!! Come on people. Get your heads out of your collective asses and start paying attention!

    Granted you and a lot of other folks on this site hate my guts because I often point out the lies, mis-statements, and at times overt deceit that you all seem so willing to swallow, hook, line and sinker. At some point you folks need to stop reacting and start thinking. Un-circle your wagons and start paying attention.
    Hate? I don't hate you, why would I? I may not agree with you but I certainly don't hate you. Let's see-pretty darn sure not one person on this board is happy about dropping bombs on innocent children. Wish there was a way to only kill terrorists with no collateral damage-but again this is the real world, not la la land. I'm sure the terrorist were only after uhmmmm zionist pig bankers? or well really just who did they target when they crashed our planes into our buildings? Guess it doesn't matter, it was only 3,000 american citizens.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Granted you and a lot of other folks on this site hate my guts because I often point out the lies, mis-statements, and at times overt deceit that you all seem so willing to swallow, hook, line and sinker. At some point you folks need to stop reacting and start thinking. Un-circle your wagons and start paying attention.
    so you are so smart you know more than the CIA, FBI, and military intelligence? only you know the truth??

    please

    and can you please cite evidence where our soldiers intentionally and repeatedly shoot children from helicopters?
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-12-2010 at 10:53 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    And do you believe that dropping bombs on people who have done us no harm, and shooting their children from helicopters is honorable? Do you believe it falls under the right to "defend my country"?

    Never mind answering to me. You already have. I disagree with you. I happen to think it is disgraceful and is the reaction of a coward, be it an individual or a nation. You, and others try to misconstrue my words of condemnation of our national response to a a proclamation of an appeasement strategy. They are not the same. They serve only to avert the question.
    I believe the perpertrators of the attack against us were Saudi's. They were brainwashed in Mosque's in Saudi Arabia. Those Mosques are still active turning out Radical's who hate America every day. They were and are led by members of the Saudi royal family. I have publicly called for action against this nation. I have, on this site said more than once I would support action against this nation to wipe out the hate mongering fanatics that fuel Radical Islam. For that I get ridicule and condemnation from the nuts on this site who would rather believe we are waging an effective campaign by attacking innocents in nations that have nothing to do with Islamic Terrorism. Why? Because it make you feel good?
    What has our government done given the facts that The Terrorist enemy that attacked our country originated in Saudi Arabia?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/28/wa...28weapons.html
    We're GIVING them 20,000,000,000.00 in Miliatry Aid!!!!! Come on people. Get your heads out of your collective asses and start paying attention!

    Granted you and a lot of other folks on this site hate my guts because I often point out the lies, mis-statements, and at times overt deceit that you all seem so willing to swallow, hook, line and sinker. At some point you folks need to stop reacting and start thinking. Un-circle your wagons and start paying attention.
    So you disagree with every single war that has ever happened?

  7. #17
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Again ,,,,The meek will inherit the earth. Look up the word meek and what your supposed to be meek to. look up dispensations,,,,when ,where ,why who,,how,,,its all there.

    Franco
    I love when people who don't even believe the bible try to use it as a sword. They end up cutting off their own head.

    Pete
    There are many, many ways of interpreting the bible and everyone claims thiers to be the correct one!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  8. #18
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

    I also think that radio ads don't work. After all I have proved that fact over and over,,,no matter what the zealots and sales man say about it. Any body can interpret numbers to mean anything they want

    Pete
    If it wasn't the most effective advertising medium today, it would have gone out of buisness many, many years ago instead of the 5 billion annual industry it is today!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  9. #19
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    Yo Franco, are you still assailing us with your atheism as being so superior to Christianity? There's nothing I can say that will change your beliefs, don't claim that power, nor can anyone else. That's the work of the Holy Ghost. All we can do is pray for your soul, and for you to stop persecuting those that are Christians.

    As a final comment to you on this topic, is your atheism as strong as you portray it on RTF? Doesn't that align you with other great atheists like Stalin, Hitler, and their followers? They of course never invoked war; only Christian Crusaders are guilty of killing the masses, right?

    Please explain how we shouldn't consider you are throwing stones from your glass house?

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Here ya go UB, obvious by your post you didn't read the first post of this thread. I simply asked those on here that were responding to dipittydawg's post on another thread asking if violence was against thier Christian faith.

    "Not to distract from the other thread, DipittyDawg suggest that we would have been better off to have "turned the other cheek" after the attacks on 911.

    Isn't that what the Christian Bible directs its followers to do?

    I agree that we took our eye off the goal or mission, to kill or capture bin Lauden. Our efforts against radical Islam was faulty. What in the hell was the then current administration thinking getting us mired in Iraq?

    Did they really believe the Intel? They really sold it to Gen Colin Powell and used him as the fall guy. I remember Powell's presentation to the UN on Iraq's WMD's. Was Pres Bush trying to gain acceptence from his father by going after Saddam from hiring Bush 41 hitmen? Was it a Dick Chaney "grand experiment" to bring Democray to Iraq? Don't try and tell me it was worth the lives of US Servicemen, much less the teasure it cost us!

    Turn the other cheek? Not me brother, I don't pretend to be a Christian like some on this board! I'm all for killing bin Lauden and his band of thugs and those that support them!"
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •