The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning The Other Cheek

Franco Where Can I Get A Copy Of That Sports Illustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Not to distract from the other thread, DipittyDawg suggest that we would have been better off to have "turned the other cheek" after the attacks on 911.

Isn't that what the Christian Bible directs its followers to do?

I agree that we took our eye off the goal or mission, to kill or capture bin Lauden. Our efforts against radical Islam was faulty. What in the hell was the then current administration thinking getting us mired in Iraq?

Did they really believe the Intel? They really sold it to Gen Colin Powell and used him as the fall guy. I remember Powell's presentation to the UN on Iraq's WMD's. Was Pres Bush trying to gain acceptence from his father by going after Saddam from hiring Bush 41 hitmen? Was it a Dick Chaney "grand experiment" to bring Democray to Iraq? Don't try and tell me it was worth the lives of US Servicemen, much less the teasure it cost us!

Turn the other cheek? Not me brother, I don't pretend to be a Christian like some on this board! I'm all for killing bin Lauden and his band of thugs and those that support them!
    They can kiss both my cheeks, in what ever order they choose!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post

Franco Where Can I Get A Copy Of That Sports Illustrated.
    Send me you email address and I'll send you the cover. I actually lifted that pic off of Facebook.

If I don't get it tonight, I won't be able to send till Friday as I won't be near a computer for the next three days.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    So you disagree with every single war that has ever happened?
    No, I don't. I do believe that if Congress cannot declare a war, the US should not commit our troops and resources to fighting one. Our constitution is clear, it is NOT the President of the US who has the authority to commit the nation to War. It is the Congress. The last 50 years have been a good lesson on why that is important.