The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL goes LegalZoom

Default NFL goes LegalZoom

Detroit Lions, Calvin Johnson. If you haven't seen the catch (no catch) and call, just google for a million links to video.

Total control of the ball, two feet down in the endzone, and a butt plant....then he rolls and braces with the ball with he releases or pops out, and they say he "didn't complete the process of catching the ball in the process of catching the ball"?????????

According to the rulebook, they actually made the 'correct' call...but watch the video, and try to convince anyone he didn't catch that pass! This is absurd. And I'm not even a Detroit fan.

I wish they'd do away with instant replay, and legally-crafted volumes of rule books, and let the officials call the damn game! They do a pretty good job most of the time, and when the don't.........its a GAME.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Lions were robbed! That was a TD when his feet hit the turf in the end zone and he had control of the ball, before he fell and lost the ball.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Detroit Lions, Calvin Johnson. If you haven't seen the catch (no catch) and call, just google for a million links to video.

Total control of the ball, two feet down in the endzone, and a butt plant....then he rolls and braces with the ball with he releases or pops out, and they say he "didn't complete the process of catching the ball in the process of catching the ball"?????????

According to the rulebook, they actually made the 'correct' call...but watch the video, and try to convince anyone he didn't catch that pass! This is absurd. And I'm not even a Detroit fan.

I wish they'd do away with instant replay, and legally-crafted volumes of rule books, and let the officials call the damn game! They do a pretty good job most of the time, and when the don't.........its a GAME.
    I think this one goes down with DeSean Jackson's first TD for the Eagles. It was massive catch where he outran everyone. 10 yards out from the end zone he began a celebration prance and then fumbled the ball just before crossing the plane. It rolled out the back of the end zone, turning the ball over and negating the TD. He learned his lesson and has played amazingly ever since. I think Johnson allowed himself to get excited and began celebrating one second too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I think this one goes down with DeSean Jackson's first TD for the Eagles. It was massive catch where he outran everyone. 10 yards out from the end zone he began a celebration prance and then fumbled the ball just before crossing the plane. It rolled out the back of the end zone, turning the ball over and negating the TD. He learned his lesson and has played amazingly ever since. I think Johnson allowed himself to get excited and began celebrating one second too soon.
    It kills me to agree with you on anything, but on this I do 100%, that is exactly what happened.

That also plays to not being properly coached and prepared about the "process" rule.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

No way that wasn't a TD. The Lions were robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Showboating 10 yards out and losing control of the ball before crossing the plane of the endzone is entirely different from what happened here. The rule in question is what establishes a catch. My 8 and 12 year olds know when they catch a ball, and when they drop it. Why do grown men need legal-zoom to help them prepare a catch?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

It was an incomplete pass.

The rule:
    "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete. "

Quit whining.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It was an incomplete pass.

The rule:
    "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete. "

Quit whining.

RK

Please elaborate on when he lost control of the ball before it touched the ground.

Thanks
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Please elaborate on when he lost control of the ball before it touched the ground.

Thanks
    Why??

I didn't make the call.

Not the first screw job that ever happened in the NFL, won't be the last.

If you are a Lions fan, you should be a little more worried about that QB.
    That kid is good and a lot more ompotant than 1 call.
    Also I was impressed with the Lions D-Line.....YIKES!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Why??

I didn't make the call.

Not the first screw job that ever happened in the NFL, won't be the last.

If you are a Lions fan, you should be a little more worried about that QB.
    That kid is good and a lot more ompotant than 1 call.
    Also I was impressed with the Lions D-Line.....YIKES!!

RK

The D-Line looks awesome.

Lions should avoid playing Stafford until they can put an O-Line in front of him that won't get him killed. So far he's played 11 games and had 3 significant injuries. He's been beaten up pretty bad. That kid has a future if he can stay get healthy and stay that way.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)