The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: better watch what we say about obama!

  1. #11
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    So, if a child is born to a Jewish mother (religion inherited through mother) and a Muslim father (religion inherited through father, according to you), what religion is the child? What if the child is subsequently baptized as a Baptist when he becomes an adult? I would love to see your Islamic source for claiming that religion is inherited from the father under Islamic law. In fact, both parents are responsible for religious education with boys generally educated by the father and girls by the mother. Becoming a practicing Muslim is actually s choice made as a child reaches maturity (varying definitions but usually around 15). Obama, for example, had returned to the United States before he reached an age of choice. Because his parents were divorced when he was still an infant and under Islamic law his religious education and custody would remain with his mother, who was not Muslim. (see, for example, http://www.faqs.org/childhood/In-Ke/Islam.html)
    I heard it on the Glenn Beck show.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  2. #12
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,054

    Default

    Wow that is pretty hard to believe. Are we sure this is not a prank? I just read the link and not the link in the link to the story over there. I mean if you get banned for calling obongo a prick then most of our own country should/would be banned
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Wow that is pretty hard to believe. Are we sure this is not a prank? I just read the link and not the link in the link to the story over there. I mean if you get banned for calling obongo a prick then most of our own country should/would be banned
    its from the sun, a murdoch-owned tabloid that is a brittish staple with its "page 3" girls. so i am sure buzz will denounce it......
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-13-2010 at 01:39 PM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Maybe someone more familiar with their laws can help me out here, but I don't think the UK has constitutionally protected freedom of speech the way we do in this country. I remember being pretty horrified at certain things considered criminally discriminatory over there. A British friend had sent me a news story and copy of an ad that had gotten some job recruitment company in a lot of trouble. It was an unskilled labor ad they'd posted in a council housing common area (their equivalent of government housing). The job ad sought people willing to work hard and show up on time which was considered discrimination! I guess the UK considers indolent, lazy gov't leeches a protected class.

    I couldn't get the UK story link to work, but nevertheless the highlighted parts are kind of scary.

    The FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult was "unacceptable." ...

    ...A Bedford Police spokesman confirmed they had spoken to Angel about the email. Officers will take no criminal action.
    Joanne Ferreira, of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred from visiting America.
    She said, "We are prohibited from discussing specific cases."

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Maybe someone more familiar with their laws can help me out here, but I don't think the UK has constitutionally protected freedom of speech the way we do in this country. I remember being pretty horrified at certain things considered criminally discriminatory over there. A British friend had sent me a news story and copy of an ad that had gotten some job recruitment company in a lot of trouble. It was an unskilled labor ad they'd posted in a council housing common area (their equivalent of government housing). The job ad sought people willing to work hard and show up on time which was considered discrimination! I guess the UK considers indolent, lazy gov't leeches a protected class.

    I couldn't get the UK story link to work, but nevertheless the highlighted parts are kind of scary.
    go to drudge report

  6. #16
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    go to drudge report

    Christ, some of us are working what does it say
    Help a brother out
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,567

    Default

    http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offb...a-email-091310

    UK Teenager Banned From America For Life Over Obscene Obama Email
    Updated: Monday, 13 Sep 2010, 7:36 AM EDT
    Published : Monday, 13 Sep 2010, 7:22 AM EDT

    By Virginia Wheeler / The Sun

    A British teenager who sent an email to the White House calling President Obama an obscenity was banned from America for life, The Sun reported Monday.

    The FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult was "unacceptable."

    Angel said he fired off a single email criticizing the U.S. government after seeing a TV program about the 9/11 attacks.

    He said, "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a p***k. It was silly -- the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

    Angel, of Bedford, in central England, said it was "a bit extreme" for the FBI to act. "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy."

    A Bedford Police spokesman confirmed they had spoken to Angel about the email. Officers will take no criminal action.

    Joanne Ferreira, of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred from visiting America.

    She said, "We are prohibited from discussing specific cases."

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Christ, some of us are working what does it say
    Help a brother out
    sorry bro, me too - drudge has the link and i thought that would work for her....

  9. #19
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Islam does not allow children born to Muslim parents to make a choice as to what religion they will be as adults. Most religious parents (Muslim, Jew, Christians, Budda, Hindu, etc.) expect their children to stay in the religion they were raised. A lot of Western countries have children and adults who have the choice to decide to change religions or have no faith at all. No such freedom in Muslim ruled countries. If your father is Muslim you are Muslim. The reason their religion is passed down by the father is based on Arab culture and continues to exist in Islam. In Iran before Islam was forced on them the woman's family would care for the children if the father died or the family broke up. The easiest way to prove a family tie is through the mother because there are witnesses to the mother and the child being related. It was harder to prove a father to child relationship because DNA test did not exist. This is one reason that Arab men have guarded their wives and daughter so closely. A woman holds the man's honor. That is why they have honor killings. Muslim men can marry outside their religion, but Muslim women can not marry outside the religion. This is to assure the children will be Muslim.
    In this country when a Muslim man marries a women of a different faith there is less chance the children will practice Islam or view themselves as ever having been Muslim. If they travel to a Muslim country it will be assumed they are Muslim and will be held to the rules of Islam. To deny you are Muslim can be very dangerous for ex Muslims and child of Muslims.
    People born to any religious family face rejection if they leave the religion, but most do not face death.
    Terri

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Islam does not allow children born to Muslim parents to make a choice as to what religion they will be as adults. Most religious parents (Muslim, Jew, Christians, Budda, Hindu, etc.) expect their children to stay in the religion they were raised. A lot of Western countries have children and adults who have the choice to decide to change religions or have no faith at all. No such freedom in Muslim ruled countries. If your father is Muslim you are Muslim. The reason their religion is passed down by the father is based on Arab culture and continues to exist in Islam. In Iran before Islam was forced on them the woman's family would care for the children if the father died or the family broke up. The easiest way to prove a family tie is through the mother because there are witnesses to the mother and the child being related. It was harder to prove a father to child relationship because DNA test did not exist. This is one reason that Arab men have guarded their wives and daughter so closely. A woman holds the man's honor. That is why they have honor killings. Muslim men can marry outside their religion, but Muslim women can not marry outside the religion. This is to assure the children will be Muslim.
    In this country when a Muslim man marries a women of a different faith there is less chance the children will practice Islam or view themselves as ever having been Muslim. If they travel to a Muslim country it will be assumed they are Muslim and will be held to the rules of Islam. To deny you are Muslim can be very dangerous for ex Muslims and child of Muslims.
    People born to any religious family face rejection if they leave the religion, but most do not face death.
    Terri
    such a sweet, peaceful religion.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •