The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to get off the fence on the mosque issue at G-zero.

Default Time to get off the fence on the mosque issue at G-zero.

So I'm putting in with this plan of attack. I may be conservative, but I'm first of all a dayum good redneck, and embrace those ideas for solving problems.

This is analogous to the redneck solution to the illegal immigration issue because of a porous border. It was the perfect answer to both the illegal immigration problem, and the alarming abundance of gators in Florida. But it fell on deaf ears. So typically political.

Mebbe this idea has more possibilities for the New York entrepreneur.

UB

I am appalled that so many of my friends are against the mosque near Ground Zero. We should allow it in order to promote tolerance.

I also propose that two gay nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque to promote tolerance in the mosque. We could call them "The Turban Cowboy" and "U Mecca Me Hot".

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, have a display of chitlins, pig's feet, and hog head 'cheese' (brains) and also have an open barbeque with pork ribs and pork chops. Across the street open a very daring lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret.” And next door in flashing lights open an Adult Toy Shop. Everyday should be 'Nude Pride' day with as many nude ladies as possible in parade in front of the mosque. I think for the purpose of tolerance we should build accordingly around the Mosque.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

i like it. those businesses have as much freedom to do so as the muslims have to build their mosque. both have the right, both in poor taste. but excellent karma.
    ________
    BODY SCIENCE
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:57 PM.

I don't know about a sausage factory, but all the others are already there.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If Victoria Keeps No Secret and the nude ladies show up, you won't have to worry about a sausage factory, but I can gaurantee you it will be a sausage fest...

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    If Victoria Keeps No Secret and the nude ladies show up, you won't have to worry about a sausage factory, but I can gaurantee you it will be a sausage fest...
    And man,
    Those Persians will have those big curvy swords.
    You don’t wanna be around when a sword fight breaks out at a sausage festival.
    I remember one time at band camp when………. Well…. Never mind.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Guess it's not such "hallowed" ground afterall. But then, there are probably more "strip clubs" in America than there are Mosques...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    So I'm putting in with this plan of attack. I may be conservative, but I'm first of all a dayum good redneck, and embrace those ideas for solving problems.

This is analogous to the redneck solution to the illegal immigration issue because of a porous border. It was the perfect answer to both the illegal immigration problem, and the alarming abundance of gators in Florida. But it fell on deaf ears. So typically political.

Mebbe this idea has more possibilities for the New York entrepreneur.

UB

I am appalled that so many of my friends are against the mosque near Ground Zero. We should allow it in order to promote tolerance.

I also propose that two gay nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque to promote tolerance in the mosque. We could call them "The Turban Cowboy" and "U Mecca Me Hot".

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, have a display of chitlins, pig's feet, and hog head 'cheese' (brains) and also have an open barbeque with pork ribs and pork chops. Across the street open a very daring lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret.” And next door in flashing lights open an Adult Toy Shop. Everyday should be 'Nude Pride' day with as many nude ladies as possible in parade in front of the mosque. I think for the purpose of tolerance we should build accordingly around the Mosque.
    "Surprise, Surprise", to quote Pvt. Pyle, but I agree Bill.

However, don't be surprised when sarcasm is met with sarcasm.

Other than sitting in his hut, what has the 'Great Wind on the Prairie' done other than to post sardonic on a doggy forum?

You regale us with your dire prognastications occasionally, but truly, do you do anything other than carp and bleat?

Sheeple ? You more than most.

JD AKA Hugh in NM
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I read a lot, Hugh. And those I agree with, I frequently post for the benefit of those that don't have the time to feret out the good stuff they can't get via the MSP...sorta like you. One of these days, I have faith that even you will do the V8 whack to your forehead, and realize how you've been supporting what will keep your great grandchildren in poverty long after you are pushing up daiseys.

But until then, I just keep reminding you of your fallacies. Happy to read they haven't 'cost you' anything ...yet. But like most libs in the boomer generation, the great grands are the least of your worrys.

Here's another view you might consider. Time to stop ragging on the poster, and start thinking of just what the hell YOUR views are doing to this nation.

UB

Barack OBAMA, during his Cairo speech, said: "I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America 's story."
    AN AMERICAN CITIZEN'S RESPONSE:

Dear Mr. Obama,
    Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.

Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving day? Sorry again, those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.

Can you show me one Muslim signature on the United States Constitution?

Declaration of Independence ?

Bill of Rights?
    Did Muslims fight for this country's freedom from England ? No! Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not.

In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own half brother, a devout Muslim, still advocates slavery himself, even though Muslims of Arabic descent refer to black Muslims as "pug nosed slaves." Says a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family's "rich Islamic heritage," doesn't it Mr. Obama?

Where were the Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.

There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side with Martin Luther King, Jr. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.

Where were the Muslims during this country's Woman's Suffrage era? Again, not present. In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture. So much so, that often they are beaten for not wearing the 'hajib' or for talking to a man who is not a direct family member or their husband.Yep, the Muslims are all for women's rights, aren't they?

Where were Muslims during World War II? They were aligned with Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazi's in killing Jews.

Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001? If they weren't flying planes into the World Trade Center , the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the Middle East . No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and othercable news networks that day.

Strangely,the very "moderate" Muslims who's asses you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo , Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11. T0 many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day.

AND THAT, Mr. Obama, is the "rich heritage" Muslims have here in America .

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the Barbary Pirates. They were Muslim. And now we can add November 5, 2009 - the slaughter of American soldiers at Fort Hood by a Muslim major who is a doctor and a psychiatrist who was supposed to be counseling soldiers returning from battle in Iraq and Afghanistan .

That, Mr. Obama is the "Muslim heritage" in America

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    "Surprise, Surprise", to quote Pvt. Pyle, but I agree Bill.

However, don't be surprised when sarcasm is met with sarcasm.

Other than sitting in his hut, what has the 'Great Wind on the Prairie' done other than to post sardonic on a doggy forum?

You regale us with your dire prognastications occasionally, but truly, do you do anything other than carp and bleat?

Sheeple ? You more than most.

JD AKA Hugh in NM
    whats with the attack?

and what exactly do you do other than carp and bleat on the internet? what exactly has anyone here done other than carp and bleat?

its not like anyone here has changed the world by the silly antics and posts and volleys between left and right.

pointless and baseless attack as usual from you

Here's another one for you, Hugh. I'm sure your 'brothers'...Roger, Dipdawg, DNF,Yardley et al, will also appreciate my putting GWB in the stead of BHO. But I sorta enjoy juxtaposition to prove a point, which should be obvious to all of you lefties.

UB

If George Bush was an idiot...

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a Teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
    If George W. Bush had spent hundreds thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?
    If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?
    If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?
    If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
    If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
    If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?
    If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in the United States , would you have said that he is clueless.

If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas , would you havethought he was a self important, conceited, egotistical jerk.
    If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?
    If George W. Bush had misspelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoes as proof of what a dunce he is?
    If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?
    If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?
    If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
    If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.
    If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
    If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt in ONE year, would you have approved?
    If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years and push it beyond the GDP, would you have approved?
    So, tell me again, what is it about Obama, our leader, that makes him so brilliant and impressive? He's done all this in 15 months -- so he'll have two years and nine months to add to this great list of accomplishments.
    Should you be worried??......VOTE in November