The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to get off the fence on the mosque issue at G-zero.

I kind of like Marty R. Doms or The Pork Palace.

As far as illegal immigration goes, I like 5-10 years hard labor before returning any illegal to their homeland. We can use these parasites to rebuild some infrastructure at pennies on the dollar. Time to turn the gravy train around.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/17/ny...ed=1&th&emc=th

I'm not entirely sure what makes this newsworthy ... a way to keep the GZ mosque in front of the public?

They have individual — not always identical — visions for the project, which they occasionally call by different names: the imam still speaks of it as Cordoba House, a name laden with religious history, while the developer uses the less-charged Park51. And amid the swirling controversy about their shared mission, they sometimes give different answers to thorny questions.
    When asked why they resist moving the center to defuse critics who call its location near ground zero insensitive, for example, Mr. Abdul Rauf said a move would anger Muslims overseas and endanger American troops. Geez, I sure hope our opinion of the mosque, whether for or against, would be determined by intimidation about who it would make angry with the US. That would imply that the intimidators are more correct than the US citizens who feel offended by the gesture. (IMO) Mr. Gamal, though, has always based his adamant stance on a constitutional right to build what he wants, where he wants, declaring: “I’m an American, I’m a New Yorker. I don’t hold my faith responsible for 9/11.” While I might not agree with the concept of the location of this mosque, I can relate to Gamal's reasoning more than the imam's.
    The most recent disconnect has come over a compromise being suggested, in which the community center would add worship space for Christians, Jews and others. Mr. Gamal at first appeared cool to the idea, while Mr. Abdul Rauf was quick to embrace it publicly, according to Ms. Menin, a supporter of the project who has suggested that such a move could attract a wider base of donors and support.

Ms. Menin said Mr. Gamal told her that existing plans for programs to bring together different religions were enough. The imam, who wrote in an Op-Ed essay in The New York Times on Sept. 7 that the center would include worship space for all faiths, seems more eager to compromise and “build more consensus,” Ms. Menin said.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    I kind of like Marty R. Doms or The Pork Palace.
    How bout these names for a gay bar next door? (Ok, so I 'borrowed' them from another site...)

* Turban Cowboys
    * Suspicious Packages
    * Submission
    * Outfidels
    * Brokeback Mecca
    * Très Sheik
    * Infidelicious
    * Shake your Shi'a
    * The Camel's Hump
    * Allah's Closet
    * The Pink Crescent
    * The Queeran
    * JiHot!
    * The Sphinx's Sphincter
    * Ram-a-Dan
    * Turbinatrix
    * Lady Agha
    * Al-Gay-Da
    * Religion of Piece
    * Allah Cock Bar
    * Yassir, That's My Booty
    * I-Slam
    * Homohammed's
    * The Ba'ath House
    * House of Saudomy
    * The Circle Turk
    * You Mecca Me Hot
    * The Lonesome Camel
    * Mecca and My Weena
    * We Put the Ass in Madrassa
    * Sandjobs
    * Osama's Been Ridden
    * The Holy City of Me-Cum
    * I Dream of Weenie
    * Talibuns

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp
    Muslim demonstration in London in 2006 over the Danish cartoons.

There are disturbing things in this article ... of course, the placards of the protestors were despicable. Maybe more disturbing was the fact that the British authorities were "afraid" to make arrests because of the possibility of rioting. This is what it comes to? If you're intimidating enough authorities will let you have your way ... even inciting murder?

It was at least a positive thing that some moderate Muslims spoke out strongly against such attitudes of these demonstrating Muslims. Perhaps the downside is that they suggested the solution was preventing any demonstration at all before it even began. I would have to say that the demonstration should be allowed to begin, but if it then broke a law by inciting murder, the demonstrators should have answered to the legal consequences ... and the authorities should have absolutely had the courage to enforce the laws of their country.

If there is anti-Muslim sentiment in many countries around the world, this is not a good advertisement for peaceful Muslims. I think that there has to be a more substantive reaction by the peaceful Muslims.

I think of Imam Rauf and his explanation that if his group backs down from their location of their GZ mosque, they will lose face with Muslims. Is that really the criteria that should make this determination of how many people whose sensibilities would be offended in the country he has chosen to make his life? That doesn't make me feel very "comfortable". At least Gamal is forthright ... it was a matter of money; the land was cheap (comparatively speaking for NYC real estate).
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

It was at least a positive thing that some moderate Muslims spoke out strongly against such attitudes of these demonstrating Muslims. Perhaps the downside is that they suggested the solution was preventing any demonstration at all before it even began. I would have to say that the demonstration should be allowed to begin, but if it then broke a law by inciting murder, the demonstrators should have answered to the legal consequences ... and the authorities should have absolutely had the courage to enforce the laws of their country.

If there is anti-Muslim sentiment in many countries around the world, this is not a good advertisement for peaceful Muslims.

I think that there has to be a more substantive reaction by the peaceful Muslims.

This is the real answer for the Muslim population. The 'peaceful and moderate' Muslims MUST start speaking up if they don't desire a conflagration to develope in this country.

As I have posted numerous times, there are very well spoken Muslims that have spoken and written about what all this Jihad gobbledygook means for the Judea-Christian world. It just isn't of any interest to the MSP, who have completely voided their right to any respect, or in my opinion, their constitutional protection. The press in America is so pathetically out of tune with the nation's population, they don't deserve the freedoms they flaunt.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.