The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: It appears France has more balls than our POTUS

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I thought the question was about our "founders" ... in which case the signers of the Declaration of Independence would qualify?

The Constitution acknowledges religion (whatever form it might take) as part of the human nature ... and assures freedom for an individual in regard to their religion, but does not take a position of "favoring" one religion (or lack thereof) over another.
    That seems entirely appropriate to me.

The problem becomes when any individual, in exercise of their freedoms, interferes with the freedom of another individual to do likewise. Rule of law prevents this from happening (when we're lucky). It is in the areas of common sense and mutual respect that we get into trouble.

Evidently the French fear that their national culture is in danger. Since I don't live in France, I don't know whether that fear has any validity. If a Muslim community (in any country) places Shariah law above secular laws, then there is going to be a problem for sure. It would be most of a problem in any country church and govt are separated.
    Research this a bit, and you might be shocked to find out this is already happening...... heck, these "communities" even have procedures in place to keep the government law enforcement out of the area. I found more than one example of "communities" where if a woman in France walks down the street without her face covered....... well... lets just say bad things happened. Dont believe me, research it.... Heck, its obvious you didnt read my supporting article or you would have known most of this already......

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    dnf, your too stupid to even recognize Julie and others dumped on you for being an AH.
    As long as you dragged me into this, perhaps I should help you work on your reading comprehension and learning to engage your brain before your fingers type a post. Let's read what I wrote again:

Just an observation, that isn't even directed at dnf and his ilk, but when someone apologetically states he doesn't mean to dig, or offend, it's a sure bet he fully intends to prod, dig and offend; and any preceding apologetic excuse is fraudulent as well as insincere. Qualifying boorish commentst beforehand does NOT make them any less offensive.
    It was an observation in general, and I pointed out it wasn't even directed at dnf. Let me rephrase: When someone prefaces a statement with an apology and explanation that he doesn't mean to offend, one can be pretty sure the intent is, indeed to be offensive. Such sublety may be lost on you, but I never called dnf or anyone else an a**h***.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    I agree Ken, no wardrobe police...... hell, they might ban pink hats!!!

But, at the same time...... where do you draw the line in the UNITED states of America...... hard to be diverse and united at the same time.......

Line in the sand regards.....
    nice flip flop john kerry
    ________
    FREE 250 GAS GIFT CARDS
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    nice flip flop john kerry
    I never said I agreed with the law they passed....... learn to read. I was happy that they at least took some form of opposition to the culture, religion, or whatever thay would like to call it. But thanks for the thoughtful contribution on the subject. You can have play time now......... after your nap.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    OOOH OOOH I Know, I know!!!
    We can gather in angry groups and beat them with sticks if they have the wrong type of clothing!
    UmÖ.
    Donít they already do that someplace? Where is that again? We wanna be more like that?????

Please, no wardrobe police in MY United States of America!

Lady GaGa will be most pleased!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The "creator" is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution: two very different documents. It would be hard to be more generic that to use the term "creator" -- not God, not deity, not Allah.
    I find it interesting that Jefferson made a point to capitalize Creator and you made a point not to. IMO, that changes the meaning significantly.

My parents are my creators, but God is my Creator.

[QUOTE=troy schwab;676616]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

No.... as usual ..... your ignorant on this topic as well............SHOCKER!
    Dude, take out a twist. And what's up with you're/your confusion in the attack crowd? You get that right about as much as you get your other points right!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

[QUOTE=dnf777;676714]

Dude, take out a twist. And what's up with you're/your confusion in the attack crowd? You get that right about as much as you get your other points right!
    Thank you for pointing out my grammatical error, I do so apologize......... Please point out the same errors in my other points........ Oh.... thats right, you know nothing of the subject matter.

Read up regards.......

[QUOTE=troy schwab;676720]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Thank you for pointing out my grammatical error, I do so apologize......... Please point out the same errors in my other points........ Oh.... thats right, you know nothing of the subject matter.

Read up regards.......
    I'm usually not one to correct grammar and spelling, since I'm a bad offender as well, but when [your] calling someone stupid, I'd try to get it right.

Also, we have been politely asked by the POTUS creator, not to use 4 letter words. The janitor giveth, and the janitor can taketh away, so I comply with his requests.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

[QUOTE=dnf777;676740]

I'm usually not one to correct grammar and spelling, since I'm a bad offender as well, but when [your] calling someone stupid, I'd try to get it right.

Also, we have been politely asked by the POTUS creator, not to use 4 letter words. The janitor giveth, and the janitor can taketh away, so I comply with his requests.
    I didnt call you stupid...... I called you ignorant. Big difference. Get a dictionary.