The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It appears France has more balls than our POTUS

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I read RKs gracious re-posting, and was quite embarrassed by those comments. You guys got the best of me on that one, and for what its worth....my apologies. I still think you're wrong 99.9% of the time, but that doesn't warrant name calling.

You must admit though, my color selections are fabulous!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As with the pledge, the motto "In God We Trust" was a post Civil War phenomenon. It was first used on a stamp in 1864. It did not become an official motto of the country until 1956 -- part of the same Eisenhower zeal that led to the modification of the Pledge. It was no accident that our revolutionary forefathers kept God out of the Constitution. It did not evidence a lack of belief on their parts, but a stronger belief that that the government was a secular institution that should not be involved in religion. That is one of the greatest (one might even say sacred) of their legacies. Unfortunately, religious zealots have been trying to backtrack on that commitment ever since. By the way, I actually enjoy Normal Rockwell paintings, but I also enjoy comic books. I wouldn't call him one of the world's greater artists.
    Yardley, what year did they start using the "In God We Trust" motto on coins ? Better yet did all coins start having the motto at the same time ?
    I find this very interesting stuff. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Yardley, what year did they start using the "In God We Trust" motto on coins ? Better yet did all coins start having the motto at the same time ?
    I find this very interesting stuff. Thanks in advance.
    It was first used in 1864 on a coin. It did not become normal on coins and currency until 1908, when a law was passed requiring it on most currency. It did not become universal on all coins until 1938. Most people had assumed that the national motto was E Pluribus Unum (One from Many) since it was included on the Great Seal. However, prior to 1956 there was no national motto. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust)

Banned

[QUOTE=dnf777;676747]
    Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post

My mistake! It was gman that said "your too stupid". You called me ignorant.
    I have a hard time distinguishing between you two sometimes! I'll work on it.
    Once they circle the wagons, you're an easy target...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I read RKs gracious re-posting, and was quite embarrassed by those comments. You guys got the best of me on that one, and for what its worth....my apologies. I still think you're wrong 99.9% of the time, but that doesn't warrant name calling.
    you might want to go read the posts that enticed that reaction from you. I've never started a thread with an insult on this, or any board, except maybe in jest. But I'm not all that good at ignoring them when they come flying my way either. And they do fly around here at times. But I agree, I'm usually embarrassed when I let my reactions get the best of me.

Guess thats a benefit from using these boards. Helps build a little self control. Or at least reminds us once in a while why it's important.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    you might want to go read the posts that enticed that reaction from you. I've never started a thread with an insult on this, or any board, except maybe in jest. But I'm not all that good at ignoring them when they come flying my way either. And they do fly around here at times. But I agree, I'm usually embarrassed when I let my reactions get the best of me.

Guess thats a benefit from using these boards. Helps build a little self control. Or at least reminds us once in a while why it's important.
    good point. he was foolish from the get-go, but man enough to admit it.

Viva la France, we should follow thier policy!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.