The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $823,200 Of Pure Stimulus Waste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Uh oh. Better not be asking DS for links or proof. He gets all huffy and will pout the rest of the day. Sometimes he even goes away for two or three days. On the other hand........
    Very nice MK. I was wondering how long you could go without an unsolicited insult. You never disappoint. As far as occasionally leaving for a few days, what can I say. Some of us actually have a life.

I see DS responded. My guess is there are no links noted and if so the links don't prove anything.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Per this article, $823,200 of stimulus money was spent on a UCLA research team on a study about teaching African men the proper male genital cleaning procedures following sex. The topic of the study is questionable enough. Just how many jobs do you think were created from this expenditure?

This is unbelievable! How much more taxpayer money is blown on useless crap like this and how do we find out about it?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/75198
    On the serious side of this post. It is a bogus article by a Extreme Right Wing Propaganda Blogsite. The funding to UCLA was part of an effort to combat the spread of AIDS in and from Africa. It more than likely stems from a Huge committment from the Bush administration for the express purpose of combating the spread of the aids epidemic.
    The rag, known as CNS, twisted the story, and highlighted an obscure program in order to make an invalid point. This is to be expected from extremist publications. They exist on both the Right and the Left. They are cute from time to time. But to the undiscerning mind, can be a large source of confusion.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=18518909
    "I ask you to maintain the principles that have changed behavior and made this program a success. And I call on you to double our initial commitment to fighting HIV/AIDS by approving an additional $30 billion over the next five years," Bush said.

Banned

I see DS responded. My guess is there are no links noted and if so the links don't prove anything.
    I thought you had me on ignore AH? Guess you don't even have enough self control to do that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    That's the 2nd time in the past few days that you've made this claim so I'm guessing that you've got a link handy that supports it? It doesn't pass the smell test.
    I must correct myself. I was wrong. It's a confusing story. The Saudi's paid for the modern US weaponry they received. In order to get the deal through however, the US had to agree to increasing military AID to Israel to the tune of 30 Billion. Here is the link. There are many others. Keep in mind, when this occurred, the Saudi's were also being accused of training and supporting the insurgency that was killing our soldiers in Iraq.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/bu...1.6880302.html
    WASHINGTON The administration of George W. Bush is preparing to ask Congress to approve an arms sale package for Saudi Arabia and five other Gulf countries that is expected to total $20 billion over the next decade, at a time when some U.S. officials contend that the Saudis are playing a counterproductive role in Iraq.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/17/wo.../17israel.html
    JERUSALEM, Aug. 16 Israel and the United States signed a deal on Thursday to give Israel $30 billion in military aid over the next decade in what officials called a long-term investment in peace.

The officials insisted that the deal was not dependent on a simultaneous American plan for $20 billion in sales of sophisticated arms to its Arab allies, including Egypt and Saudi Arabia. But Israeli officials acknowledged that the aid to Israel would make it easier for the Bush administration to win Congressional approval of the arms sales to Arab countries.