The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Tailspin Continues

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Ever since NAFTA has been in effect, I have not thought the economy is on a good track.
    Somehow methinks NAFTA has become a convenient scapegoat. I think there are underlying issues that have contributed to NAFTA's success.

    Ever since K-street has taken over our democracy, I have not thought the economy (or entire country) is on the right track.
    Only took it over because of the type of people elected - both parties.

    The tax rate for the upper echelons wavering between 36 and 40 percent may hurt the dining out activities and yacht sales, but probably has much less effect than the massive spending that neither party seems to be able to fix.
    Like the AMT, which was meant to nail the coupon clippers, this is only aimed long term at the middle class. Dining out & yacht sales do create real jobs .

    Part of that reason is our policing of the world, and picking up the tab for other countrie's security.

    How much has Saudi Arabia kicked into middle east security, be it in Naval patrols, or the Iraq/Astan wars, which supposedly made the world safer.
    This I agree with somewhat - as policeman to the world we need to be smarter about it at a lower cost. We could start by moving the UN to Africa - like where the pirates hang out.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  2. #12
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    I can honestly answer that I am MUCH better off than I was two years ago. Aren't you?
    Let me think about that for a minute. NO! I could give you specifics but I doubt you have a tall enough ladder.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  3. #13
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Can you give details as to how you are Much better off now than 2 years ago?
    That would be like providing a link. Ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 09-17-2010 at 12:01 AM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  4. #14
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    That would be like providing a link. Ain't gonna happen.
    No link Mike, but I paid off all debt in the last two years, including mortgage. Debt free now. Socking cash away.

    Sales are still down 25%, but profits are still good. I stopped giving things away. I learned to work a little harder. Wish the dogs would as well.

    Adapt, modify your tactics, cut costs were you can, and last but not least, be prepared to chase... If what you're doing ain't working, find out what does. There's money being made out there still. Sometimes it just means staring into the void and re-inventing.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #15
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    No link Mike, but I paid off all debt in the last two years, including mortgage. Debt free now. Socking cash away.

    Sales are still down 25%, but profits are still good. I stopped giving things away. I learned to work a little harder. Wish the dogs would as well.

    Adapt, modify your tactics, cut costs were you can, and last but not least, be prepared to chase... If what you're doing ain't working, find out what does. There's money being made out there still. Sometimes it just means staring into the void and re-inventing.

    JD
    And all that has to do with Obama and his leadership how?

    By the way, you sure got a nice place out there.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    NO, I am not. Can you give details as to how you are Much better off now than 2 years ago? Besides being off your meds and all. We got that figured out.
    Sorry to hear your not doing well. My career has been rejuvenated, I have less debt, and more assets. My 401K is up significantly. I had the foresight to get out of the markets prior to the last Bush crash. And back in for the Market rebound. Health is about the same. No changes, no issues. Except my healthcare premiums have decreased several hundred dollars a month. Family is doing well, kids are closer to graduating from Universities. I've got a lot to be thankful for. How are you worse off. Sorry to hear your not doing well. I know a lot of people aren't. Been there. It's tough.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Let me think about that for a minute. NO! I could give you specifics but I doubt you have a tall enough ladder.
    Not sure what you mean here. But if you're doing poorly, it would explain a lot. Hang in there, things will turn for you. And it probably won't be because Twiddly dee beats twiddly dum in the next election cycle.

  8. #18
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    No link Mike, but I paid off all debt in the last two years, including mortgage. Debt free now. Socking cash away.

    Sales are still down 25%, but profits are still good. I stopped giving things away. I learned to work a little harder. Wish the dogs would as well.

    Adapt, modify your tactics, cut costs were you can, and last but not least, be prepared to chase... If what you're doing ain't working, find out what does. There's money being made out there still. Sometimes it just means staring into the void and re-inventing.

    JD
    Never said not doing well just not as good as two years ago. Let's see, health insurance agent/employee benefit consultant, oil and gas and real estate investor. Yeah, not doing as well as two years ago. Oh, I happen to hunt and like guns too. That pretty much puts the Obama Administration at odds with me on everything.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #19
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Sorry to hear your not doing well. My career has been rejuvenated, I have less debt, and more assets. My 401K is up significantly. I had the foresight to get out of the markets prior to the last Bush crash. And back in for the Market rebound. Health is about the same. No changes, no issues. Except my healthcare premiums have decreased several hundred dollars a month. Family is doing well, kids are closer to graduating from Universities. I've got a lot to be thankful for. How are you worse off. Sorry to hear your not doing well. I know a lot of people aren't. Been there. It's tough.
    What is your career? How has it been rejuvenated as you put it? Because unless you write out government checks, can't see how it's rejuvenated under Obama. As far as me and mine, we do fine. The only thing that has changed with us, is that since your boyfriend has taken office, I have had to pay taxes each year, which pi$$es me off. But thanks for worrying about us.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  10. #20
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    And if you could explain how your Health care premiums have gone down, let me know, seeing as how YOUR messiah just admitted that the cost was gonna have to go up.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •