The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small Business Aid Bill

Default Small Business Aid Bill

This bill will be law before the end of next week.

This bill is huge for community banks. Unlike TARP that was used to stablize the mega banks that typycially do not lend to small business, this bill will put affordable capital into the hands of small banks that had lost much of their capital due to non-performing commercial real estate loans that had prohibited them from making new loans.

With this injection of affordable capital, small business will have access to credit again that in turn will make jobs.

Kudos to the Democrats!!!!!

Don't you guys think this is news worthy on RFT?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post

This bill is huge for community banks. Unlike TARP that was used to stablize the mega banks that typycially do not lend to small business, this bill will put affordable capital into the hands of small banks that had lost much of their capital due to non-performing commercial real estate loans that had prohibited them from making new loans.

With this injection of affordable capital, small business will have access to credit again that in turn will make jobs.

sure it is!! we celebrate all the wondrous joys of "recovery summer" every day!

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post

Paul Krugman and Buzz think you're stupid.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

This law is a crock...... just pumping more money into the financial IV of banks. Here's a news flash for ya...... good companies with good credit, already have funds available to them at the lowest interest rates in recent history. They dont need money..... THEY NEED CUSTOMERS!!!!!! But....... Typical Obama, throwing money at a problem. Any business that says they cant get money right now, its because of credit, or poor books. Do we really want to have small banks investing our money into substandard businesses, which may fail????? Think about it. Waste of taxpayers money...... AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Paul Krugman and Buzz think you're stupid.
    You read Krugman??

I thought he was left leaning, but I'm not so sure anymore. In any case, he's an interesting feller.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You read Krugman??

I thought he was left leaning, but I'm not so sure anymore. In any case, he's an interesting feller.
    I've got more colorful descriptors for Krugman than "interesting."

I was just pointing out that Krugman (and I assume his faithful RTF acolyte) would think Sambo's partisan shilling to be more than embarrassing in light of the "it's the demand, stupid" thread from yesterday.

What good businessman would really want to borrow money before they think they have the means to repay it? (customers)

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    What good businessman would really want to borrow money before they think they have the means to repay it? (customers)
    Loans against your receivables are a good/safe example. Loans to finance filling an order. You gotta spend money to make it.

I dunno, but in my tiny little corner of the world it's not the tightening of credit to small business that hurt as much as the tightening of consumer credit. All the credit in the world won't matter for me if my customers can't get credit.

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    This law is a crock...... just pumping more money into the financial IV of banks. Here's a news flash for ya...... good companies with good credit, already have funds available to them at the lowest interest rates in recent history. They dont need money..... THEY NEED CUSTOMERS!!!!!! But....... Typical Obama, throwing money at a problem. Any business that says they cant get money right now, its because of credit, or poor books. Do we really want to have small banks investing our money into substandard businesses, which may fail????? Think about it. Waste of taxpayers money...... AGAIN!
    That is not true. A bank has to have capital to make loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Loans against your receivables are a good/safe example. Loans to finance filling an order. You gotta spend money to make it.
    Sounds like a scary/risky business plan to me. What happens if the order is cancelled after taking your loan? What you describe is not "spend money to make money", but "take debt to spend money to hopefully make money". Great IF that works for you, but I know I'm weird for not believing in having debt in America.