The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small Business Aid Bill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    This bill will be law before the end of next week.

This bill is huge for community banks. Unlike TARP that was used to stablize the mega banks that typycially do not lend to small business, this bill will put affordable capital into the hands of small banks that had lost much of their capital due to non-performing commercial real estate loans that had prohibited them from making new loans.

With this injection of affordable capital, small business will have access to credit again that in turn will make jobs.

Kudos to the Democrats!!!!!

Don't you guys think this is news worthy on RFT?
    I have to disagree. I don't think it will create jobs. Most business' already have access to capital if they want it. The problem is demand, not capital. I own a small business. I can get all the loans I want. I could have secured loans anytime over this recession. But I'm not going to go into debt, and I'm sure not going to go into debt to hire somebody when there are no customers. Demand is the name of the game. Always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    It shouldn't take the worst recession since '39 to induce those basic practices. There was a time when very few had credit cards, and ALWAYS did their best to maintain a safety net, just in case. That's sound financial management, not just crisis mode.
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda...didn't.

Not everyone has enough foresight (or sense) to think ahead to rough times when things are good.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    I have to disagree. I don't think it will create jobs. Most business' already have access to capital if they want it. The problem is demand, not capital. I own a small business. I can get all the loans I want. I could have secured loans anytime over this recession. But I'm not going to go into debt, and I'm sure not going to go into debt to hire somebody when there are no customers. Demand is the name of the game. Always will be.
    This may be the very first time I have ever agreed with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post

I guess there is a first for everything. I have to totally agree with the above quote as I am in the same situation.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl