The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama Goes To Church

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Let's just get this straight, YOU agree with Karl Rove?!?

OTH, I find it interesting that those who weighed in most heavily on Shirley Sherrod's comments being taken out out of context/selectively edited, make no mention of that possibility in the Mahrer vid clip. At this time, haven't even seen any indication of what that "interview" was really about. Is Chrisitine getting "Breitbarted" now?
    I have read that in '96, she was "passionate about her new found faith" on MTV and Mahrer says this show was in '97. Was this something along the same lines, speaking about being "born again" and simply being honest about her past?

Gotta say I AM curious to find out why Mahrer has 22 clips of her, if this is multiple shows or just bit & pices of 1 he wants to drag out to try and distract the public with until the election. Coons won't need to say a thing about "character" with fellow traveler progressives like Bill doing the dirty work for him. Pretty slick.
    Who am I to argue with Rove on a political question involving an election. He is the expert. He got Bush elected twice. A truly phenomenal achievement. Notice he did not say her situation was hopeless. In essence what he said is she needs to figure out how to spin this into something that will be acceptable. No doubt he could do it. Perhaps she should hire him.

My prediction, she will play the savior card and ask for forgiveness from the faithful. It might work.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Who am I to argue with Rove on a political question involving an election. He is the expert. He got Bush elected twice. A truly phenomenal achievement. Notice he did not say her situation was hopeless. In essence what he said is she needs to figure out how to spin this into something that will be acceptable. No doubt he could do it. Perhaps she should hire him.

My prediction, she will play the savior card and ask for forgiveness from the faithful. It might work.

Witches have a solid record of cutting taxes, cutting entitlements, and are pro-gun! She's a shoe-in!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

While in theory, wiccans make as much sense to me as any other religion, most of the practitioners that I have met are a little too "New Age" for my taste. Doofus appeared as a special guest panelist on Maher's show for over 20 episodes -- I suspect because she was a charming whacko. In that actual quote, however, she appears to be talking about the years before she became a religious wingnut. By every account, that was a period when she was very promiscuous and did any number of things that she would condemn today.

born again...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't care what he does with his personal time on Sunday morning. Whether or not a president goes to church occasionally, frequently, or not at all has very little to do with how well or poorly they run the country. Carter was a devout Christian. Did you like him?

Both he and W Bush were frequent church-goers, and they constitute two of the worst presidents in modern history.
    I don't care if he goes to church or has a tea party with Michele my Belle on Sunday mornings. I was commenting on the timing of his attendance not the sincerity. His attendance is purely political in nature and a photo opp.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Obama is running for reelection every day. Constantly campaigning.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Obama is running for reelection every day. Constantly campaigning.
    Ya gotta stick with what you're good at!

Banned

oh the hypocrisy reigns anew. she was a high school kid goofing around, and you want to pin it on her for life; whereas obama "doing a little blow" in college and going to a muslim school is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    oh the hypocrisy reigns anew. she was a high school kid goofing around, and you want to pin it on her for life; whereas obama "doing a little blow" in college and going to a muslim school is no big deal.
    Ignoring the fact that she maintained that lifestyle, according to her, while in college (from which she only received her degree the day before declaring her candidacy) and that Obama attended a public school in a Muslim country when he was 9. Try using the same ruler for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Try using the same ruler for everyone.
    They are using the same ruler, but the scale they use depends upon who they are measuring.

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)