The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 110

Thread: Colon Powell is a fool

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default Colin Powell is a fool

    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...l-immigrants/1


    what a liar- he blew it and he knows it:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

    This morning, however, comes word from Powell's office that he "misspoke."

    "I don't hire illegal immigrants," Powell says in a statement today. "On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be 'illegal.' There are 11 million illegal immigrants in this country and most are working somewhere in our economy."

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    the damage repair aint workin' for me. and i sure aint seen 'em at my house.

    all we hear from the left is "they do work no one else will do"

    yeah Colin, right. with unemployment reaching to the moon you dont think some good ole' american citizens can do home repairs???

    dispicable


    and they do have a status Colin - ILLEGAL is a status
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-22-2010 at 04:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member JJaxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Unemployment rates for Spin Doctors has to be the lowest in this countrys' occupations. They get all the hours they can handle I'd bet.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...l-immigrants/1


    what a liar- he blew it and he knows it:


    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

    This morning, however, comes word from Powell's office that he "misspoke."

    "I don't hire illegal immigrants," Powell says in a statement today. "On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be 'illegal.' There are 11 million illegal immigrants in this country and most are working somewhere in our economy."

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    the damage repair aint workin' for me. and i sure aint seen 'em at my house.

    all we hear from the left is "they do work no one else will do"

    yeah Colon, right. with unemployment reaching to the moon you dont think some good ole' american citizens can do home repairs???

    dispicable


    and they do have a status Colon - ILLEGAL is a status
    I'd have had a lot more respect for the guy if he hadn't backpedaled like that. Sleazy chickens**t move. Another punk politician.
    Walt

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    i think it's a lot more despicable and sleazy to play games with a man's name after he has spent his entire career defending that person's right to act like exactly what he called General Colin Powell.

    Gibson, you have no respect for anyone, as near as i can tell. you are one sorry excuse for an American. i have no use for you at all.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    i think it's a lot more despicable and sleazy to play games with a man's name after he has spent his entire career defending that person's right to act like exactly what he called General Colin Powell.

    Gibson, you have no respect for anyone, as near as i can tell. you are one sorry excuse for an American. i have no use for you at all.-Paul
    oh i am so hurt by your mean words.... imagine that, a connecticut yankee challenging a texan. spare me.

    i respect a man in uniform as much as anyone. but i have no respect for any man - uniform or not - that gets caught in a lie and bluffs his way out - ostensibly JUST because he has worn a uniform. colon powell cant decide what side of the fence he stands on. pitiful.

    so, by your standards, if i man wears a uniform and goes into combat and spends his entire career defending my right to act as whatever you want to say i act as, its ok for him to then abandon all those standards he fought for?? at any time? its ok for him to lie because he once was a warrior?

    then why try any soldier for a war crime? by your standards, they all have a free pass! or is it only a crime if you say it is???


    i dunno, maybe that is ok by your book, but i have a lot more respect for a man that holds his warrior tenets beyond his serving years. sheesh, even boy scouts have a tenet - once an eagle always an eagle.

    colon powell just blew that one.

    and paul, i have a lot of respect for a lot of people! but certainly not you.....

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

    This morning, however, comes word from Powell's office that he "misspoke."

    "I don't hire illegal immigrants," Powell says in a statement today. "On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be 'illegal.' There are 11 million illegal immigrants in this country and most are working somewhere in our economy."

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

    come on baby - spin that one!
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-20-2010 at 09:06 PM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    43

    Default

    imagine that, a connecticut yankee challenging a texan. spare me.

    Why would that be hard?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    imagine that, a connecticut yankee challenging a texan. spare me.

    Why would that be hard?
    well...suppose you tell me why it would be easy???

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Because you're a bully. Although I admit, you're better educated then I am. No money for me to continue to higher education, had to go to work.
    I've hesitated telling you what I think of you because there's no winning, you'll just come back with a nasty retort and distance will protect you. But I'll tell you what, if you're ever in CT, look me up. And if I'm ever in TX, I'll do the same.
    Walt

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    Because you're a bully. Although I admit, you're better educated then I am. No money for me to continue to higher education, had to go to work.
    I've hesitated telling you what I think of you because there's no winning, you'll just come back with a nasty retort and distance will protect you. But I'll tell you what, if you're ever in CT, look me up. And if I'm ever in TX, I'll do the same.
    Walt

    yeah, well i worked my way through higher education myself, so dont try to make it look like you were a poor kid that couldn't go to college on his own and i got a rich kid ride. far from it. swordfish boats and roughnecking on offshore oil rigs, then barroom bouncing, i risked a bit to get my sheepskin. so sure - if someone who asserts himself and backs it up is a bully to you, well, thats your definition.

    i have a different definition in reverse.

    and the "spare me" comment wasnt even directed at you, so why so defensive? never really had a beef with you before, except for your general macho envy of me. is it just because you live in connecticut with paul?

    my condolences....
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-20-2010 at 09:56 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,340

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    imagine that, a connecticut yankee challenging a texan. spare me.

    Why would that be hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    well...suppose you tell me why it would be easy???

    A New England Farmer and a Texas Farmer were seated at the same table at a feed and seed convention. The Texas farmer just kept bragging and bragging about how everything he had was bigger and better than everyone else at the table. When he started describing his Texas farm he said he could spend all morning in his pick up truck, and not get to the other side of his farm, “what do you think of that?” He asked the old New Englander. “Ayup, I had a truck like that once, sold it to some southerner.”

    As I recall it David, last time some Yankees went down south to “Challenge” something………
    Um,,,,
    well…
    The North Won!

    It is hard to take Anyone’s point of view seriously, in person or on RTF when they think it is cute to intentionally misspell a persons name to morph it into an insult. It instantly brings your possible fun, intelligent debate of issues down to juvenile potty mouth playground arguments.



    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •