The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 110

Thread: Colon Powell is a fool

  1. #11
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    The only good thing about CT is UCONN women's basketball. That from someone who lived in the state from 1967-1996.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  2. #12
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The only good thing about CT is UCONN women's basketball. That from someone who lived in the state from 1967-1996.
    The best thing about TX is the Dallas cowboys...
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  3. #13
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The best thing about TX is the Dallas cowboys...

    Really? The Cowboys?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  4. #14
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Really? The Cowboys?
    I should have put a "" behind that!

    I love Texas. Grew up there. Haven't had a governor worth a bucket of spit since Ann Richards, though. Oops, don't let me forget again........
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The best thing about TX is the Dallas cowboys...
    Probably the Texans this year...

  6. #16
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    I met Gen. Powell back in 1989 after we jumped into Panama. We were at the Panama Police headquarters in Panama City. Gen. Powell wanted to have lunch with 14 of America's finest(not sure how I got picked), first and only time I ever had a hot MRE too. We were standing in formation when he arrived and he went down the line shaking our hand and talking to us, asked our first names also. Thing that stands out, was for the 2 hours we swapped war stories, he always addressed us by our first name, never getting one wrong. He seemed to truly care about us, which I found very admirable in a leader. I have the utmost respect for Gen. Colin Powell, and if he slipped up and made a mistake here, so be it. Because David, I agree with most of what you say, but you aren't fit to carry his duffle bag, plain and simple. Despite his views or politics, that man is a hero, and I would follow him to hell and back. You David, need to pick someone else to talk about.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Boston, GA
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Just so we know where you stand, David. Did you ever serve in the U.S. Armed Forces?
    Tom Dorroh

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    Just so we know where you stand, David. Did you ever serve in the U.S. Armed Forces?
    no i didnt, why should that matter? i have never disrespected an honest veteran or currently serving soldier.

    the man lied. and he lied about himself breaking a law. thenm he tried to cover it up. sorry, all that is foolish for anyone, but even more so for someone who we are supposed to hold to higher standards. but because he served its just fine, we wont hold that against him.


    sorry i accidentally misspelled his name, i didnt realize that. i type with 2 fingers, but at about 40 wpm, so above the hunt and peck speed. the "o" is right next to the "i" and sometimes the wrong key gets hit and spell check doesnt pick that one up for obvious reasons. . my bad.

    oh wait, i am not a veteran, so i dont have that right to make a mistake.....

    never mind.....
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-21-2010 at 02:07 PM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Boston, GA
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    no i didnt, why should that matter? i have never disrespected an honest veteran or currently serving soldier.

    the man lied. and he lied about himself breaking a law. but because he served its just fine, we wont hold that against him.


    oh wait, i misspoke. i didnt mean all those things i said about him, i meant to say he is free to change his mind and its fine if he hires illegal aliens and then says he really didnt. all ok by me!

    so there, by many of y'alls standards, everything is just peachy now.

    i simply misspoke. oh wait, i am not a veteran, so i dont have that right.....

    never mind.....
    It was a simple question about your background. Why so thin skinned about it?
    Tom Dorroh

  10. #20
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    When I hire a landscaper, or I hire a contractor to do some work on my property, I do not ask for visas on their employees.I suspect none of us does and that some of the people doing the work don't have any. In fact, by doing this we are all contributing to illegal immigration. However, we don't actually have the right to request those papers anyway. General Powell did nothing wrong if he hired contractors who brought undocumented laborers to do the work. Talking about it, as he did, is a good thing, not a bad. He expressed an opinion about the status of those laborers as it relates to our immigration policy. You might disagree with his policy recommendations, but it does not make what he said wrong or evidence of bad behavior.

    David, you have been called a bully several times by different people on this forum. The strange part is that you appear to take pride in such behavior. Intimidating people is not a measure of cojones. How you respond when you are intimidated yourself is. In fact, intimidation is simply another word for bad manners. It evidences disrespect for whomever your are addressing and, by extension, to everyone else as well. It tells us nothing about the character of the person you attack, but lots about your own.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •