The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colon Powell is a fool

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    It was a simple question about your background. Why so thin skinned about it?
    no thin skinnedness about it my friend. you can say anything you want, but i know where you were headed with it, thats all.

General Powell did nothing wrong if he hired contractors who brought undocumented laborers to do the work. Talking about it, as he did, is a good thing, not a bad. He expressed an opinion about the status of those laborers as it relates to our immigration policy. You might disagree with his policy recommendations, but it does not make what he said wrong or evidence of bad behavior. Jeff Goodwin

General Powell's backpedaling on his statement was what made me angry enough to respond to this thread. It seems so weak for our politicians to keep playing this problem for their own means. And frustrating to see it in so many of them.
    But my words were out of line and insulted some of the veterans on this forum. For that I apologize.
    Walt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    When I hire a landscaper, or I hire a contractor to do some work on my property, I do not ask for visas on their employees.I suspect none of us does and that some of the people doing the work don't have any. In fact, by doing this we are all contributing to illegal immigration. However, we don't actually have the right to request those papers anyway. General Powell did nothing wrong if he hired contractors who brought undocumented laborers to do the work. Talking about it, as he did, is a good thing, not a bad. He expressed an opinion about the status of those laborers as it relates to our immigration policy. You might disagree with his policy recommendations, but it does not make what he said wrong or evidence of bad behavior.

David, you have been called a bully several times by different people on this forum. The strange part is that you appear to take pride in such behavior. Intimidating people is not a measure of cojones. How you respond when you are intimidated yourself is. In fact, intimidation is simply another word for bad manners. It evidences disrespect for whomever your are addressing and, by extension, to everyone else as well. It tells us nothing about the character of the person you attack, but lots about your own.
    sure yardley, and we all know how perfect your own character is.

i for one can most assuredly say i dont and never have hired an illegal alien to work on my house. 99.99% of illegals are latino, and if i have only hired anglos with perfect english then i am pretty safe. so dont be too quick to claim "we all have done it" - thats the same mistake powell made. i do most things myself, and the roof was done by a friend as well as my kitchen redo. so dont be so quick to cast such a large net. this is typical of you - always finding an excuse. it gets old.

and seriously, where was i ever a bully in this thread? paul young insulted me, big whoop. i merely sighed that a connecticut yankee called me out. thats bullying?? responding to challenging with a sigh is not bullyism. until that point i had said nothing about a single person on this thread. if so many people think i am a bully then i am sorry to say there are a lot of p*****s in here. nut up some of you for once - especially you and paul young. .

i have no respect for backpedaling by a public official, i have that right. colin ""They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs," powell admitted he hired illegals and then tried to sweep it under the rug. i think he has done that before....
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-21-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I should have put a "" behind that!

I love Texas. Grew up there. Haven't had a governor worth a bucket of spit since Ann Richards, though. Oops, don't let me forget again........
    Please don't come back.

The best thing about TX is the Dallas cowboys...
    I take offense to this. Have you seen them lately?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I should have put a "" behind that!

I love Texas. Grew up there. Haven't had a governor worth a bucket of spit since Ann Richards, though. Oops, don't let me forget again........
    I sure hope the is for the Ann Richards comment. You talk about worthless.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    well...suppose you tell me why it would be easy???
    he might have mistyped and not meant to degrade any one.play nice

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    no thin skinnedness about it my friend. you can say anything you want, but i know where you were headed with it, thats all.
    No, you don't know where I was headed. You might THINK you know, but you don't.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    Because you're a bully. Although I admit, you're better educated then I am. No money for me to continue to higher education, had to go to work.
    I've hesitated telling you what I think of you because there's no winning, you'll just come back with a nasty retort and distance will protect you. But I'll tell you what, if you're ever in CT, look me up. And if I'm ever in TX, I'll do the same.
    Walt
    If you are ever in Wisconsin, look me up.
    I think you would enjoy it!!

In fact, that offer stands for any of youse!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    Because you're a bully. Although I admit, you're better educated then I am. No money for me to continue to higher education, had to go to work.
    I've hesitated telling you what I think of you because there's no winning, you'll just come back with a nasty retort and distance will protect you. But I'll tell you what, if you're ever in CT, look me up. And if I'm ever in TX, I'll do the same.
    Walt
    so you insult me and call me a bully and a general a-hole - but you want to meet me if we are ever in the other's area. yeah, thats the way to win friends.....