The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colon Powell is a fool

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so you insult me and call me a bully and a general a-hole - but you want to meet me if we are ever in the other's area. yeah, thats the way to win friends.....

Maybe he thinks your clock is dirty.

Oh, years and years ago
    Shayne M of EE fame got into a world of trouble on RTF for a post
    and attempted to use the “The key was next to the key I wanted” excuse. It didn’t fly then ether.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Damn it! Where is that step ladder when I need it?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Damn it! Where is that step ladder when I need it?
    Ask JD...he's the keeper of the ladder, because he's the only one who 'gets it'.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    and our education system is soooo bad he sends his daughter to one of our universities (but the no. 2 one at that....hmmm.) instead of Penn or Pitt....not surprising! typical flipflop!
    Leave the kids out. No need to go there again, you have NO IDEA behind the personal decisions families make. None whatsoever. Take Twain's advice and keep you mouth shut, rather than opening it.

And besides, I was talking about public education. Typically K-12. Texas was second to the bottom last time I checked. Do or Goose care to defend those kind of stats, or do you prefer to just take cheap shots and avoid the issue?

thought so.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Leave the kids out. No need to go there again, you have NO IDEA behind the personal decisions families make. None whatsoever. Take Twain's advice and keep you mouth shut, rather than opening it.

And besides, I was talking about public education. Typically K-12. Texas was second to the bottom last time I checked. Do or Goose care to defend those kind of stats, or do you prefer to just take cheap shots and avoid the issue?

thought so.
    Checked what? Link please.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Checked what? Link please.
    Here's one...If Texas is second from the bottom, then maybe PA's education system needs to work on math a little more...

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Here's one...If Texas is second from the bottom, then maybe PA's education system needs to work on math a little more...

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank06.htm
    First, last time I checked was when I was in school in Texas. That was a while ago, and if Texas has increased its ranking, then I applaud them.

I don't understand you jab at Pa, when YOUR numbers show Pa at #10, while TX is at 25. Also, Texas starts the "negative ratings". Also interesting, is that 7/10 of the top states are blue states, and 8 out of ten of the BOTTOM states are RED. Hmmm.....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

First, last time I checked was when I was in school in Texas. That was a while ago, and if Texas has increased its ranking, then I applaud them.

I don't understand you jab at Pa, when YOUR numbers show Pa at #10, while TX is at 25. Also, Texas starts the "negative ratings". Also interesting, is that 7/10 of the top states are blue states, and 8 out of ten of the BOTTOM states are RED. Hmmm.....
    My 'jab' was a JOKE about you (not knowing that 25th is not second to last) saying it was second from the bottom, when it was about smack dab in the middle. (A looong way from the second from the bottom) Anyway, if you haven't looked at the rankings since you were there, don't you think it would be wise to check them before you go off saying
    Texas was second to the bottom last time I checked.
    and attempting to pass it off as current and relevant to the discussion?

Dude, quit being so serious. Let me know right now if it isn't okay to kid with you anymore. I'll stop if you want, because you are really, really getting bent out of shape of stupid crap. And that is getting old. REALLY old.

Here is a link that I just hunted up for the public employee salary thread that Marvin started. I'll let you guys sort it out on your own.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/10s0260.pdf
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

thought so.
    you are pathetic. there is nothing personal in that. you know what, i really dont give a rats arse about your family, but if you sit there and deride the states education and send your kids here its debate fodder. no names or personal issues are there.

the vast majority of students in higher education in this state came from this state.

so maybe thats it? you think that k-12 is so bad here that your kids will look better in comparison??

not a bad thought. i went to a jr college in a state i wont mention and skipped an average 17 times each semester to surf and still pulled off a 3.28. but then again, at the time, the top 3 school districts in the nation were in texas, i was in the #3. you could transfer to houston ind. school district and place out of an entire grade at the the drop of a hat, i know a few kids that placed out of 2.