The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CNBC Townhall with Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...there is a fairly large number of people who are angry because he has done so little in his efforts to mollify Republican opposition...
    what opposition, control of the house and 60 senate votes with a liberal media to carry his water?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    what opposition, control of the house and 60 senate votes with a liberal media to carry his water?
    Lots of opposition on everything, regardless of whether the same proposal was originally proposed by Republicans or not. In case you haven't noticed, the Democrats only have 59 seats now and, even with 60, it seems individual Senators get to vote their own preferences along the way. As you may or may not remember, they also started with 59 and had 59 for the first six months. The death pf Ted Kennedy took them back to 59.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Most of us on the right are out workin.......so we can support the leftys sitting at home watching TV all day! (-8

RK
    GEE RK, you sure touched a nerve with that one!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Despite the large number of people who are upset at Obama for doing too much too quickly (or of doing anything at all in the case of those who oppose all he supports), there is a fairly large number of people who are angry because he has done so little in his efforts to mollify Republican opposition. I am not one of those, but understand their frustration. Just as the tea party, which is supported by about 20-30% of the public (depending on the specific poll) believe that they represent the majority of the American electorate, the left wing of the Democratic party is equally delusional.

thank you for finally admitting that you and dnf are disillusion! oh yeah, cant leave out Buzz!! sorry bro!

as for the rest - "mollify" ???? you must mean "bipartisanism"

you are correct sir, he has done nothing in the realm of bipartisanism although he demands it from the other side.
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-20-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    thank you for finally admitting that you and dnf are disillusion! oh yeah, cant leave out Buzz!! sorry bro!

as for the rest - "mollify" ???? you must mean "bipartisanism"

you are correct sir, he has done nothing in the realm of bipartisanism although he demands it from the other side.

I never used the word mollify. I think I used the term, placate. In retrospect, I should have used the word, appease. Obama is a righty appeaser...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I never used the word mollify. I think I used the term, placate. In retrospect, I should have used the word, appease. Obama is a righty appeaser...
    Funny, I am to the right, and most of the people I know are to the right, none of them have mentioned feeling "appeased" as of late.

WTH are you talking about??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Funny, I am to the right, and most of the people I know are to the right, none of them have mentioned feeling "appeased" as of late.

WTH are you talking about??

RK
    ah geeze,even they dont know RK.....

weather is cooler, 5 HT's coming up, training tomorrow with a friend/pro, and new puppy in 5 weeks........its training time in Texas! in spring i will have a 6mo. old in Jr....ahhhhhhhh the joys

Only Republicans have any reason to pay attention to the right most 20%, where David, Stan and the ever anonymous and vacuous GMan are firmly ensconced. Recognizing that liberals and moderates make up two thirds of the country, those are the only ones worth the effort for a Democratic President. Similarly, for a Republican President, there is no need to speak with the most liberal segments of the Democrats, but there are lots of reasons to worry about RINO's, Independents, and the more conservative Democrats. Both are examples of bipartisanship from the perspective of the people, even if the more extreme elements consider them to be examples of treachery.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    something from that townhall - the left is tired of defending him...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...nding_you.html
    That woman is right on the money! At least they don't screen the participants like Rove used to do for Bush. Kudo's to the woman, and the President for allowing her to speak her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    That woman is right on the money! At least they don't screen the participants like Rove used to do for Bush. Kudo's to the woman, and the President for allowing her to speak her mind.
    You dude need help. All you guys need help. Bush has been out of office now for almost 2 years. Get another damn arguement, fool. Bush did this and Bush did that. I think its time to get some different talking points, or just quit talking.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown