The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Anybody.............

I thought this was the WWF forum. Sorry.....wrong site!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I like most of the people on POTUS and the RTF, but the overall tone on here and the RTF has become distasteful , for lack of a better term...I was gone hunting elk for a week and came back and saw one particularly unpleasant thread where the merits of being threatened by one another was being discussed...and then I realized this wasnt for me...as for the regular forum, I find it very opinionated and not newbie friendly...so I limit myself to congratulating friends on their FT exploits and posting on non dog training topics..
    Bon, it would be an honor to have you in my blind any day!!

And often it is more civil here than on the RTF board!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-21-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Well I like Ken
    I like whoever likes Ken.
    Tom Dorroh

Banned

well lets see - the only person who offers to meet me also insults me in the same post and tells me he cant even use the words he wants to describe me, so i would venture to guess that nobody likes me at least!

and apparently somebody here is a member of Rose Country because i drew 46 of 46 for this weekend- coincidence???? hmmmm...methinks not. but then again, how many here actually train and handle a dog?????

all i can say is i have met numerous RTF people - just none on POTUS,, trained with one today even, but of course i am such a bully every one of them came away with a black eye and hates me forever too......

life as a bully is sooooooo lonely, whatever am i to do?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I like most of the people on POTUS and the RTF, but the overall tone on here and the RTF has become distasteful , for lack of a better term...I was gone hunting elk for a week and came back and saw one particularly unpleasant thread where the merits of being threatened by one another was being discussed...and then I realized this wasnt for me...as for the regular forum, I find it very opinionated and not newbie friendly...so I limit myself to congratulating friends on their FT exploits and posting on non dog training topics..
    Well said Bon. Even on the RTF, the threads go through a predictable decay. I think the hard times and frustration with either being a minority party member, or frustration with being a majority-who-can't-get-nuttin'-done party member is often vented at anyone who has a different opinion.

Of course, us independents are politely detached from the fraccus.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    well lets see - the only person who offers to meet me also insults me in the same post and tells me he cant even use the words he wants to describe me, so i would venture to guess that nobody likes me at least!

and apparently somebody here is a member of Rose Country because i drew 46 of 46 for this weekend- coincidence???? hmmmm...methinks not. but then again, how many here actually train and handle a dog?????

all i can say is i have met numerous RTF people - just none on POTUS,, trained with one today even, but of course i am such a bully every one of them came away with a black eye and hates me forever too......

life as a bully is sooooooo lonely, whatever am i to do?

I like ya David, what I know of ya anyway. Except for a few comments you make, we pretty much think alike. I would be pleased to have you in a duck blind anyday, especially if there are bears around.

RK, Yardley and Ducknwork are right fair people I suspect. I don't agree with hardly anything Yardley says, but he does it with facts and no daggers. Those three guys are welcome in the duck blind anytime.

Depitty, well, thats all I have to say about that.

And DNF, he knows he is welcome anytime. All the way, sir.

What ever happened to Blackstone, miss his candor also.

And who could forget Roger Perry, I wish I could.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

I didn't want to hunt with you guys anyway.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I didn't want to hunt with you guys anyway.
    i think you should post another poll...

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    i think you should post another poll...
    PM sent.....
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I like Ken Bora. He is the reason I went to my first NAHRA test last year. I had to have his syrup. I did win that maple leaf bottle, okay I put all twenty dollars worth of tickets in one bag. I was not going home without it. There were a lot of nice people there and my dog passed both days.
    I have not posted a picture of myself because I'm not available, but my dog it a single girl and she likes to show off. I always find it funny when I see people who look like their dogs. I have not found my perfect match, but my little chocolate girl is the closes match to me of all the dogs I have owned.

Terri