The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Carter the superior former president?

  1. #11
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Please describe to me your definition of a moderate.
    And if you have a moment, tell me who, in your humble () opinion, that posts here meets that standard.
    This ought to be special...........


    RK
    I think you may be too far to the right to even see the center.

    This forum, with only a couple of exceptions, ranges from center left to extreme right. Almost no true lefty would even consider being involved in our sports -- the schedules conflict with their PETA meetings. Add to that the notion of owning and using a gun, and whatever portion of the far left is still around just passed out. In Democratic party circles, I am too much of a social libertarian and too much of an economic conservative to be very welcome. I tend to fit in best with the so-called "blue dog" democrats, although many of them are made uncomfortable by my lack of religion.

    By the way, you might want to check out opinions on various issues measured over time by Gallup to see where you stand.

  2. #12
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I think you may be too far to the right to even see the center.

    This forum, with only a couple of exceptions, ranges from center left to extreme right. Almost no true lefty would even consider being involved in our sports -- the schedules conflict with their PETA meetings. Add to that the notion of owning and using a gun, and whatever portion of the far left is still around just passed out. In Democratic party circles, I am too much of a social libertarian and too much of an economic conservative to be very welcome. I tend to fit in best with the so-called "blue dog" democrats, although many of them are made uncomfortable by my lack of religion.

    By the way, you might want to check out opinions on various issues measured over time by Gallup to see where you stand.
    I don't need Gallup to validate my beleifs.
    I know who and what I am and guess what, you don't.

    Matters not.

    But I will tell you that based on your posts you are a progressive, just to the right of Marx.....but not much.


    Me.....I am certainly to the right of McCain.
    Probably more like JFK/RR.

    You remember JFK don't you?
    He couldn't even be a Republican today, to far to the right.
    HHH, Scoop, Truman.
    Which party would they be today?

    Think they would support Obama's agenda?

    As far as Libertarian goes, I become closer and closer each day.

    And I don't need you to define that for me.





    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #13
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...This forum, with only a couple of exceptions, ranges from center left to extreme right...
    so lets see, you are trying to feature you and your buddies (the left wing extremists) as center left but those that populate right are the extremist?
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  4. #14
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't need Gallup to validate my beleifs.
    I know who and what I am and guess what, you don't.

    Matters not.

    But I will tell you that based on your posts you are a progressive, just to the right of Marx.....but not much.


    Me.....I am certainly to the right of McCain.
    Probably more like JFK/RR.

    You remember JFK don't you?
    He couldn't even be a Republican today, to far to the right.
    HHH, Scoop, Truman.
    Which party would they be today?

    Think they would support Obama's agenda?

    As far as Libertarian goes, I become closer and closer each day.

    And I don't need you to define that for me.





    RK
    those past presidents couldn't even imagine as a posibility some of the ideas that the left wing considers mainstream thought and ideals.

    ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

    can anyone imagine obama defending the United States as a call he would make himself?

    can anyone imagine obama ordering the blockade of Cuba?
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  5. #15
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't need Gallup to validate my beleifs.
    I know who and what I am and guess what, you don't.

    Matters not.

    But I will tell you that based on your posts you are a progressive, just to the right of Marx.....but not much.


    Me.....I am certainly to the right of McCain.
    Probably more like JFK/RR.

    You remember JFK don't you?
    He couldn't even be a Republican today, to far to the right.
    HHH, Scoop, Truman.
    Which party would they be today?

    Think they would support Obama's agenda?

    As far as Libertarian goes, I become closer and closer each day.

    And I don't need you to define that for me.





    RK
    I wasn't suggesting that you "validate" your positions from opinion polls. However, right/center/left distinctions are relative to the beliefs of the public at large. Look at the issues and figure out the mid-point. That is the center.

    Let's look at a few:

    Taxes: Obama's position with respect to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts is clearly centrist. 37% want the cuts extended for all (right), 15% want the cuts to expire for everyone (left), and 44% want the cuts to be extended only for those with incomes under $250k (center). Even among Republicans, 43% would like to see tax cuts expire for the $250k+ crowd or for everyone, while only 54% want to see them extended for all.
    Congress: More than 70% of the public disapproves of Congress (much more than disapprove of the President). However, while 20% approve of Republicans in Congress, 30% approve of Democrats. In "generic ballot" polls, Democrats and Republicans are now running in a statistical tie.

    Health care
    : The majority now oppose "Obamacare". However, about one-fifth of this opposition is from people who believe it did not go far enough. Approximately 40% favor the current plan. When asked if the bill should be repealed, the majority favor repeal. When asked if they favor repeal given that repeal would eliminate provisions preventing coverage exclusion for pre-existing conditions, the number favoring repeal drops to under 20%.

    Feelings about Washington: Washington is very unpopular among voters. However, the majority describe themselves as dissatisfied, but not angry. 20% describe themselves as angry. Among those who are "angry", the two biggest reasons given at partisanship and unemployment. Taxes are only mentioned by 4%.

    Democrats vs Republicans: 34% report having a favorable view of the Republican Party, while 45% have a favorable view of the Democratic Party. With questions phrased in different ways, Democrats and Republicans are rated about equal on questions asking which has the better plans for improving the country.

    These are just a small number of measures. However, polls are routinely showing the same thing across a brad spectrum of issues. We are closely divided between Republicans and Democrats. The number of people who would want government to be smaller with fewer services, is approximately equal to the number who want government to be bigger with more services. Ideology has little to do with American opinion. Rather, people are concerned about their ability to support their families and live their lives. When things are going wrong, they want change. They don't care if the solution is liberal or conservative. Those who do are the extremists.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't need Gallup to validate my beleifs.
    I know who and what I am and guess what, you don't.

    Matters not.

    But I will tell you that based on your posts you are a progressive, just to the right of Marx.....but not much.


    Me.....I am certainly to the right of McCain.
    Probably more like JFK/RR.

    You remember JFK don't you?
    RK
    By todays standards JFK would be a liberal. In fact he claimed the title in a very famous speech once. Reagan was left of Bill Clinton and would most likely be appalled at what has happened to his party. No doubt, he'd either start his own party or switch back to democrat which is now pretty much were he left the Republican party.

    Here is the speech I referred to above.
    http://www.liberalparty.org/JFKLPAcceptance.html

    What I find very interesting is that my beliefs have not changed much over the years. In the 70s and 80s I was considered a conservative. Today most would call me liberal. Same beliefs, different standards.

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that you "validate" your positions from opinion polls. However, right/center/left distinctions are relative to the beliefs of the public at large. Look at the issues and figure out the mid-point. That is the center.

    Let's look at a few:

    Taxes: Obama's position with respect to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts is clearly centrist. 37% want the cuts extended for all (right), 15% want the cuts to expire for everyone (left), and 44% want the cuts to be extended only for those with incomes under $250k (center). Even among Republicans, 43% would like to see tax cuts expire for the $250k+ crowd or for everyone, while only 54% want to see them extended for all.
    Congress: More than 70% of the public disapproves of Congress (much more than disapprove of the President). However, while 20% approve of Republicans in Congress, 30% approve of Democrats. In "generic ballot" polls, Democrats and Republicans are now running in a statistical tie.

    Health care
    : The majority now oppose "Obamacare". However, about one-fifth of this opposition is from people who believe it did not go far enough. Approximately 40% favor the current plan. When asked if the bill should be repealed, the majority favor repeal. When asked if they favor repeal given that repeal would eliminate provisions preventing coverage exclusion for pre-existing conditions, the number favoring repeal drops to under 20%.

    Feelings about Washington: Washington is very unpopular among voters. However, the majority describe themselves as dissatisfied, but not angry. 20% describe themselves as angry. Among those who are "angry", the two biggest reasons given at partisanship and unemployment. Taxes are only mentioned by 4%.

    Democrats vs Republicans: 34% report having a favorable view of the Republican Party, while 45% have a favorable view of the Democratic Party. With questions phrased in different ways, Democrats and Republicans are rated about equal on questions asking which has the better plans for improving the country.

    These are just a small number of measures. However, polls are routinely showing the same thing across a brad spectrum of issues. We are closely divided between Republicans and Democrats. The number of people who would want government to be smaller with fewer services, is approximately equal to the number who want government to be bigger with more services. Ideology has little to do with American opinion. Rather, people are concerned about their ability to support their families and live their lives. When things are going wrong, they want change. They don't care if the solution is liberal or conservative. Those who do are the extremists.
    Didn't even bother to read your crap.

    #1--Do you have a thought of your own??
    #2--There are different ways to be a bully....Cyber Bully??


    Blah blah blah blah blah.......I'll never forget when YOU called another poster a BLOW-HARD!!





    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-22-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Really???? What a joke.
    Don't get me wrong, he is a good man, but a big part of what is wrong with America on a global scale.
    Carter was a Turd as President and is a Turd Ex-President trying to remain relevent during Americas lurch towards Socialism.
    "Good man", what is your definition of "Good",Corey?
    Just Win

  9. #19
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Carter was a Turd as President and is a Turd Ex-President trying to remain relevent during Americas lurch towards Socialism.
    "Good man", what is your definition of "Good",Corey?
    Just curious as to how you describe Bush II?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #20
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Just curious as to how you describe Bush II?

    You know, I think you have brought him up on every thread on the POTUS board.........if not, you are certainly surpassing RP!!!




    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •