The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Isnít this terrorism?

Default Isnít this terrorism?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100921/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_britain_greenpeace_chevron

LONDON Ė Greenpeace said Tuesday that its activists have climbed aboard a Chevron-operated ship to protest drilling operations in the deep waters off Britain's Shetland Islands.
    The environmental group said two members used boats to reach the 228-meter (748 feet) Stena Carron drill ship and attached themselves to the ship's anchor chain. Greenpeace said the ship had been on its way to the Lagavulin oil field, where it was scheduled to begin exploratory drilling.
    "Chevron North Sea is appealing to Greenpeace to immediately stop their actions at the Stena Carron while it is going about its lawful business in Bressay Sound," the U.S.-based oil company said in a statement.
    "This kind of action is foolhardy and demonstrates that Greenpeace is willing to put its volunteers at risk to carry out such reckless publicity stunts, and we are concerned for the safety of those involved."
    Chevron is exploring in waters about 500 meters (1,640 feet) deep. BP's Macondo well, which blew out in the Gulf of Mexico, was about a mile deep.

Shoot the bastards like you would any pirate boarding you vessel.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Terrorism?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I think under our current laws you could be arrested for terrorism for speeding if someone didn't like your bumper stickers.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 09-21-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Maybe not terrorism but it is piracy on the high seas. What are the good old fashioned laws? Oh yeah, I believe you can shoot pirates attempting to board your ship!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Either.... way shoot them
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I thought the law of the high seas was "Dead Men Tell No Tales..."??

But really, how stupid is approaching and climbing a tanker at sea?? Not to mention affixing yourself to the anchor chain!!?? Why even waste a bullet?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I'm with DNF, just drop the anchor.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Shark bait with one big ol' hook.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

What a bunch of dummies. Maybe they could go climb aboard the ship with those tools from Whale Wars. I am sure they would have one awesome circle jerk.