The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats Have No One To Blame But Themselves

Default Democrats Have No One To Blame But Themselves

The Republicans have done excellent job in painting the democrats as the reason for everyones problems, which is as far from the truth as it could be, but they have sold it to the people and they have bought it.

Its a little late now but the democrats should have called all the republicans out on their voting records, but they didn't.

The rebublicans have done an excellent job of shifting the blame to the democrats for excessive spending, high deficits, national debt and so on. When the truth is most of this was the result of actions taken many years in arrears.

They have painted the democrats as anti-business when that have been very friendly to business with policies such as accelerated depreciation, the SBA program, auto bailout, financial reform and bailout, etc., etc. but as ussual everyone wants this but no one want to pay for it.

TARP saved us, but everyone favorite saying is no one gave me anything. That is far from the truth. TARP kept you from losing everything you had in the bank and many of us from losing our jobs because if the financial system had failed we would have all been out of work, so now that it requires me to pay a little more in taxes to be responsible, I'm ok with that even though it immediately hurts me, because if that had not have done it I would be worse off and I also know that taxes are a much better way of paying for it than with inflation that is a tax too.

I currently starting a business that will employee approximately 20 full time people when we open the doors in November and has employed many through the construction process. I'm a banker with many financial resources, but the economic climate when I started the project made it all most impossible to fund and I believe someone without my experience could have never funded it. Had the republicans not pushed back on policies that are in this new stimulus bill two years ago, my business would have been open and employing people much sooner and I believe many more businesses would have too.

The biggest issue out there now for most that are struggling is the lack of easy credit to turn too. This is not the governments fault, it is the result of bad personal financial management that can only be fixed with time and personal sacrifice. However, the republicans have tapped into peoples frustration and pain and have given these people an escape goat that being the President and Congress.

Having said all this, I believe it worked and they willl elect many republicans in November. However, people will still be saddled with too much debt and the job market will still be less than robust as there is no need for new construction and the associated needs that come with it, so go ahead and reelect those that you think will save you, but I assure your salvation will come from your actions not their's.

Question: Would you trust Sara Palin with your check book?

I couldn't read your post but the thread title is right. The Dems don't have anybody to blame but themselves and I suspect they are about to pay dearly.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    The Republicans have done excellent job in painting the democrats as the reason for everyones problems, which is as far from the truth as it could be, but they have sold it to the people and they have bought it.

Its a little late now but the democrats should have called all the republicans out on their voting records, but they didn't.

The rebublicans have done an excellent job of shifting the blame to the democrats for excessive spending, high deficits, national debt and so on. When the truth is most of this was the result of actions taken many years in arrears.

They have painted the democrats as anti-business when that have been very friendly to business with policies such as accelerated depreciation, the SBA program, auto bailout, financial reform and bailout, etc., etc. but as ussual everyone wants this but no one want to pay for it.

TARP saved us, but everyone favorite saying is no one gave me anything. That is far from the truth. TARP kept you from losing everything you had in the bank and many of us from losing our jobs because if the financial system had failed we would have all been out of work, so now that it requires me to pay a little more in taxes to be responsible, I'm ok with that even though it immediately hurts me, because if that had not have done it I would be worse off and I also know that taxes are a much better way of paying for it than with inflation that is a tax too.

I currently starting a business that will employee approximately 20 full time people when we open the doors in November and has employed many through the construction process. I'm a banker with many financial resources, but the economic climate when I started the project made it all most impossible to fund and I believe someone without my experience could have never funded it. Had the republicans not pushed back on policies that are in this new stimulus bill two years ago, my business would have been open and employing people much sooner and I believe many more businesses would have too.

The biggest issue out there now for most that are struggling is the lack of easy credit to turn too. This is not the governments fault, it is the result of bad personal financial management that can only be fixed with time and personal sacrifice. However, the republicans have tapped into peoples frustration and pain and have given these people an escape goat that being the President and Congress.

Having said all this, I believe it worked and they willl elect many republicans in November. However, people will still be saddled with too much debt and the job market will still be less than robust as there is no need for new construction and the associated needs that come with it, so go ahead and reelect those that you think will save you, but I assure your salvation will come from your actions not their's.

Hey ScamBo, Put the Bong Down
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Hey, MK, now you can read it. You're very welcome.

The biggest issue out there now for most that are struggling is the lack of easy credit to turn too. This is not the governments fault, it is the result of bad personal financial management that can only be fixed with time and personal sacrifice. However, the republicans have tapped into peoples frustration and pain and have given these people an escape goat I almost fell out of my chair on this one...What is "an escape goat"?LMAO...that being the President and Congress.

Having said all this, I believe it worked and they willl elect many republicans in November. However, people will still be saddled with too much debt and the job market will still be less than robust What will be different if your beloved democrats are elected? PLEASE answer this question...Will everyone's debt be magically forgiven and the job market miraculously be 'robust'?as there is no need for new construction and the associated needs that come with it, so go ahead and reelect those that you think will save you, but I assure your salvation will come from your actions not their's.
    Having said that, your entire post is worthless. If our 'salvation' will come from ourselves, you should have just skipped typing 10 pages of democrat butt kissing and only typed that one sentence.

Do you trust Barack Obama with your checkbook?

Sarah Palin represents a fringe group of the GOP. Besides, the GOP is trying to minimalize her as much as possible and for good reason.

The Dems are anti-business because buisnesses are depenedent on consumer spending and the Dems policy of throwing money at all problems has consumers scared. The bailouts are anti-American and one of the reasons we have the problems we have today. The Dems are also out to destroy our Health Care system with Obamacare and now they want to pass mass amnesty under the guise of a different name. Why should taxpayers have to pay for the Health Insurance of those that enter illegally as well as those that refuse to work?

TARP is a fiasco. Those banks used that money to invest in foreign markets! Poorly run banks and financial institutions should have been allowed to fail. Personally, I would have lost nothing, zero, zilch had they failed because I don't invest with them, I invest in myself! I knew Wall St was crooked so I invest in Real Estate! The last year has been awesome for buying property. The Financial Reform bill only set up the next meltdown.

The Democrats inherited an extremely bad situation and have made in much worse!

Sad part is I don't see any leadership within either party. Nothing but a bunch of blood-sucking politicians in DC.

P S
    Contrary to your prediction that the gulf oil leak would destroy fishing in S E Louisiana for decades, the fishing this Summer has never been better.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-22-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Escape goats have been bred for hundreds/thousands of years.
    Probably the first EIC critter

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Hey, MK, now you can read it. You're very welcome.

Aw man!!...........
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    TARP is a fiasco. Those banks used that money to invest in foreign markets! Poorly run banks and financial institutions should have been allowed to fail. Personally, I would have lost nothing, zero, zilch had they failed because I don't invest with them, I invest in myself! I knew Wall St was crooked so I invest in Real Estate! The last year has been awesome for buying property. The Financial Reform bill only set up the next meltdown.
    Really?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2239...ss-for-the-u-s

The following are some of the key points quoted by the magazine based on the July report from SIGTARP, the body monitoring the various programs under the umbrella of the TARP:

• 87 TARP recipients had repaid all or a portion of their principal or repurchased shares, for a total of $201.5B.
    • A total of just $182.5B of disbursed TARP funds is outstanding.
    • By July, the US government had received $22.7B in interest, dividends, sale of warrants, stocks and other income.
    • Of the 707 banks that received almost $205B in TARP funds through the Capital Purchase Program (CPP), 76 have fully repaid their funds to a total of $138.4B. Hence the US has recovered 67.5% of the funds invested in banks.
    • Of the remaining banks that owe money to the US, 580 of them owe less than $100M.
    • The US government reaped a high rate of return on the TARP funds that have been fully repaid already. The top 15 by total proceeds yielded an average non-annualized return of 10.2%.
    • Some examples of individual returns include Discover Financial Services (DFS), Comerica (CMA) and Goldman Sachs (GS) with 19.6%, 14.9% and 14.2% on a non-annualized return basis respectively.
    • In addition to TARP funds, Bank of America (BAC) and Citigroup (C) each received an additional $20B thru the Targeted Investment Program (TIP). Including this loan, the interim, non-annualized return on investment based on the amount repaid by Citigroup so far is 15.91%.

When the TARP program was implemented there was much outcry from the general public. However the data above shows that the program not only achieved its stated objective but also yielded an excellent return to the US government.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

So......let me see if I get the OP.

The Democrats have done a superb job "righting the ship" as it were.
    They have made the USA an all around more wonderful place to be.
    Almost perfect, but the Republicans have tricked the electorate into beleiving things are worse now!!??!!??

For God's sakes man, step away from the bong!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yes, Really!

First, I would expect a financial publication to support tax payer bailouts.
    Second, we are still owed over 160 billion.
    Third, what does this say to financial instituions? Be wreckless with investor money and the gov will bail you out.

Our gov missed an opportunity to shut these poorly run businesses down and shame on those that invested/bought into these poorly run businesses.

But then again, it was the current administration playing Big Brother and paying back thier political puppetteers. You know, the guys that hold thier strings.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.