The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Republicans Pledge To America

Default Republicans Pledge To America

Jobs:
    - Stop job-killing tax hikes
    - Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income
    - Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit
    - Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.

Cutting Spending:
    - Repeal and Replace health care
    - Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)
    - Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward
    - Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Reforming Congress:
    - Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority
    - Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote

Defense:

- Provide resources to troops
    - Fund missile defense
    - Enforce sanctions in Iran

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...35-503544.html

what do we all think about these items?
    Last edited by subroc; 09-22-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added link
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That's IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

What would be impressive is if they win back control of the house and senate, and actually do what they say. But they won't, just like the current occupants lied to us too. Remember all the talk about transparency, posting bills on the internet for 3 days before being voted on, going line by line on the budget and cutting costs. I could go on and on but my fingers are getting tired.

They should all be fired and we should start all over.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Jobs:
    - Stop job-killing tax hikes
    - Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income
    - Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit
    - Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.

Cutting Spending:
    - Repeal and Replace health care
    - Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)
    - Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward
    - Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Reforming Congress:
    - Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority
    - Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote

Defense:

- Provide resources to troops
    - Fund missile defense
    - Enforce sanctions in Iran

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...35-503544.html

what do we all think about these items?
    I read this today and thought, wow, they actually have the gall to introduce the same policies they used to crash the economy... Amazing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    What would be impressive is if they win back control of the house and senate, and actually do what they say. But they won't, just like the current occupants lied to us too. Remember all the talk about transparency, posting bills on the internet for 3 days before being voted on, going line by line on the budget and cutting costs. I could go on and on but my fingers are getting tired.

They should all be fired and we should start all over.
    For once I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    For once I agree with you.

Then I retract my statement.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

To me, the obvious question is that is wasn't too long ago (a mere 4 years) that republicans held control of the house, senate, and whitehouse. Why didn't these measures get passed then?? They had 6 years consecutive control.

And if the canned answer is an obstructionist minority party, then my next question is after the intervening four years, and total decay of bipartisanship, how do republicans propose to get as much as painting crosswalks through congress? They likely will be treated by dems exactly how they treated Pelosi and Reid. No?

Let's be real for a moment.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It reminds me of when some prominent politician speaks and states " every american should have a job" and the crowd goes wild,,, like he had some kind of epiphany.

Its sounds great but not one of these treasonous basturds will ever make it happen. Maby they can blow smoke up some people arses that frequent here

but please,,,,,get real. take a trip down reality lane

Pete

Pete
    A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage Herbert Hoover

Fwiw, What I would have liked to have seen absolutely first on the list is the "no exemption of Congress from bill provisions" proposal that's out there. Further controls on self voted raises should be addressed as well.

Just for sake of discussion, let's say the Reps DO win "control" in the Congressional HT but w/o a sufficient majority to override the almost certain Presidential veto(s).

If/when they do enter their dog (by passing their "pledge"), what happens when the Judge (Obama) interprets that they "have bad line manners" & also judges it was "out of the AOF", gives it a "0"? Should the HT Secretary (the People) override the Judge's score for obvious bias against the dog and carry it over to the next "2012" series with a "W" stating "you'd better show me some "trainability" & "perseverance", that you can actually do the work next time" possibly with a replacement judge? Because while the dog did demonstrate "marking", in all actuality, it was a "failure to deliver to hand".

Also no fair saying it was 'obvious handler error" and it shouldn't have entered the dog in the first place!

Just tryin to lighten things up a bit as well!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791