The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: veterans

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Read my reply to big Gibson, you might learn something, lil' gibby!
    Like I said, it's something you heard the big kids talking about!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

whatever dnf - obviously no one else got it either.

great joke though! (not)

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    whatever dnf - obviously no one else got it either.

great joke though! (not)
    Dave, I don't mean this in any type of mean spirit, but honestly, you wouldn't understand. Just like I wouldn't understand your geology jokes....

But just to show I'm a good sport:

You Might Be a Geologist If ...

You can pronounce the word "molybdenite" correctly on the first try.
    You don't think of "cleavage" the same way everyone else does.
    You have ever uttered the phrase "have you tried licking it" with no sexual connotations involved.
    You have ever used the phrase "dropping acid" to refer to something other than drug use.
    Your map for your next roadtrip is marked with the locations of a series of interesting road cuts.
    You find yourself compelled to examine the gravel in other people's driveways.
    You are willing to cross eight lanes of freeway traffic on foot to see if the outcrop on the other side of the highway is the same type of rock as the one on the side you're parked on.
    You have ever intentionally taken a 15-passenger van (preferably containing more than 15 passengers) over "roads" that were intended only for cattle.
    You consider a "recent event" to be anything that has happened in the last hundred thousand years or so.
    You have ever had to respond "yes" to the question, "What have you got in here, rocks?"
    You get upset when movies have glaring geological inaccuracies, and point them out to everyone else in the theatre (*cough*Dante's Peak and Volcano*cough*).
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Dave, I don't mean this in any type of mean spirit, but honestly, you wouldn't understand. Just like I wouldn't understand your geology jokes....

But just to show I'm a good sport:

You Might Be a Geologist If ...

You can pronounce the word "molybdenite" correctly on the first try.
    You don't think of "cleavage" the same way everyone else does.
    You have ever uttered the phrase "have you tried licking it" with no sexual connotations involved.
    You have ever used the phrase "dropping acid" to refer to something other than drug use.
    Your map for your next roadtrip is marked with the locations of a series of interesting road cuts.
    You find yourself compelled to examine the gravel in other people's driveways.
    You are willing to cross eight lanes of freeway traffic on foot to see if the outcrop on the other side of the highway is the same type of rock as the one on the side you're parked on.
    You have ever intentionally taken a 15-passenger van (preferably containing more than 15 passengers) over "roads" that were intended only for cattle.
    You consider a "recent event" to be anything that has happened in the last hundred thousand years or so.
    You have ever had to respond "yes" to the question, "What have you got in here, rocks?"
    You get upset when movies have glaring geological inaccuracies, and point them out to everyone else in the theatre (*cough*Dante's Peak and Volcano*cough*).

ok, still dont get it. all the above is normal to me. its not my fault that i still think you are full of schist, but dont take that for granite.

sorry you had to work so hard to get your point across.

You don't stencil you name on your truck's windshield, do you?

I get it Dave. Guess your right, just had to be there. Never got my name on any windshield though. Always had to walk every where I went. Even airborne troops become "legs" once they hit the ground.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Why single out veterans? Everyone deserves to be spoken to and about respectfully, regardless of whether or not they served in the military.
    I'll second that.