The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: veterans

  1. #11
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

    Ad hominem attacks are generally used by those who are unable to put together arguments with substance. While the character of a person may reflect on their motives and on their honesty, it does not necessarily have anything to do with the validity of their positions.
    Though I consider myself Right-Of-Center and an Independent, there is a lot of name calling and internet bullying by the right here on POTUS. And yes, I agree it is because many of them can not articulate thier counter points so they resort to name calling and inuendos.

    This is one opinion I agree with Paul about. A well respected General makes a slip of the tongue and gets chastised for it. Like the folks on the Right have never done likewise.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    i'll go on record as accepting all the blame for starting a thread on a very touchy subject, and being the mean internet bully who pushed everyone around afterwards. but it must also be said as Pete did that i in no way disparaged any veteran in a manner with respect to their service. as pete said, he is now in the political forum. i disparaged a man making a political statement about an illegal activity and his attempts to backpedal and cover it up, like a bad politician. some took offense to that, but again, and i am sorry, but i never said a word about his military service.

    so i misspelled his name in an offensive manner. i apologize for that too. either i am the only person who has ever used a play on words for a political adversary , or he is the only person for which that is strictly forbidden, i am still not quite clear on that. whichever it is, i am clearly wrong.

  3. #13
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Though I consider myself Right-Of-Center and an Independent, there is a lot of name calling and internet bullying by the right here on POTUS. And yes, I agree it is because many of them can not articulate thier counter points so they resort to name calling and inuendos.

    This is one opinion I agree with Paul about. A well respected General makes a slip of the tongue and gets chastised for it. Like the folks on the Right have never done likewise.
    I may be wrong, but this thread was also in reference to some pretty personal stuff posted about and towards a veteran posting here on the board.

    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #14
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,509

    Default

    I missed that as I only glimpsed at that thread as I consider the entire premise of that thread to be dumb.

    Who here has never made a slip of the tongue or faux pas?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  5. #15
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,242

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so i misspelled his name in an offensive manner. i apologize for that too. either i am the only person who has ever used a play on words for a political adversary , or he is the only person for which that is strictly forbidden, i am still not quite clear on that. whichever it is, i am clearly wrong.
    No you are not the only one David,
    Problem is, is doing it, and then denying it and using the key next to the other key defense.
    It would seem, at a glance, what you did and what the General did are exactly the same.
    If, when typing, your not ready to stand on a box and yell “I said that, it was ME!”
    Then just hit delete and move on, don’t blame your typing skill. That’s all.






    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    No you are not the only one David,
    Problem is, is doing it, and then denying it and using the key next to the other key defense.
    It would seem, at a glance, what you did and what the General did are exactly the same.
    If, when typing, your not ready to stand on a box and yell “I said that, it was ME!”
    Then just hit delete and move on, don’t blame your typing skill. That’s all.







    .
    If you re read the posts he made, he claimed he did it on purpose to prove a point.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    No you are not the only one David,
    Problem is, is doing it, and then denying it and using the key next to the other key defense.
    It would seem, at a glance, what you did and what the General did are exactly the same.
    If, when typing, your not ready to stand on a box and yell “I said that, it was ME!”
    Then just hit delete and move on, don’t blame your typing skill. That’s all.

    .

    ken. that was a joke. do you really think i was using that as an excuse? it was in parody of "oops, i simply mistyped" just like Powel when he said "oops, i simply misspoke". all was supposed to be forgiven for him, why not me? irony, sarcasm, parody, a little bit of each - the parallel is lost on you in that? apparently it was lost on a few others, even after i explained it. oh never mind. no wonder things get out of hand in here.


    now the "tardley" thing was just that, i literally typed it wrong, liked it, and stuck with it.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,242

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    If you re read the posts he made, he claimed he did it on purpose to prove a point.
    So he was for it before he was against it?
    John Kerry posts on RTF?


    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    So he was for it before he was against it?
    John Kerry posts on RTF?


    .
    And poses as a right wing "extremist"! Now THAT took some real brains to figure out, Ken!

  10. #20
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,242

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    And poses as a right wing "extremist"! Now THAT took some real brains to figure out, Ken!
    it was the hair that tipped me off
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •