The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Parts of health-care law to take effect

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post

Examiner Editorial: Obamacare is even worse than critics thought
    September 22, 2010

Six months ago, President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rammed Obamacare down the throats of an unwilling American public. Half a year removed from the unprecedented legislative chicanery and backroom dealing that characterized the bill's passage, we know much more about the bill than we did then. A few of the revelations:

-more-

Our single biggest hope is that one section will be declared unconstitutional because then the whole 2000+ page bill will be tossed. The idiots in Congress were rushing so much to pass it that they reportedly forgot to add a severability clause.

Eric
    Can't forget to add something you didn't know wasn't in there. Doubt they, including the POTUS, still haven't read the bill!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    Don't agree that Young adults should be allowed to cling on parents insurance till 26 y.o.! The only way I could agree with that is if full-time enrollment in college/school can be proven.
    I agree this will help some people, however, companies should not have to be limited to the coverage plans offered. Unlimited lifetime amounts of course will & should cost more, but I should have the option to choose. I can weigh the cost to benefits myself, and don't need big brother to tell me what I need!
    Will these mandates not increase health insurance costs for everyone?
    That's how most state insurance laws read and some include handicapped regardless of age.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    That's how most state insurance laws read and some include handicapped regardless of age.
    Yup, as they should. Does ObamaCare?

Yup, as they should. Does ObamaCare?
    I hope so but don't know. I'm not sure if they know.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post

You have your liberal something for nothing mind made up.
    Mike Whitworth
    Ok, how is paying for your kids health insurance getting something for nothing?

The only one getting something for nothing in the health industry is the HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY.

Does ObamaCare?
    Sadly, I don't think he does...

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    The only one getting something for nothing in the health industry is the HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY.
    How do you figure? The insurance company is providing a service that we purchase. Not really any different than buying a product at WalMart.

It's gambling. Sometimes we win, most of the time they win. We are betting that we'll get sick and need a doc, they are betting that we won't.

Ok, how is paying for your kids health insurance getting something for nothing?

If your insurance is provided through your job, even if you pay all or part for your kids it stll cost your employer money. We are a small business with about 15 people. Each year our renewal is sent to us and the amount per person is listed. This is our renewal month and the 4 dependant children that are on our group policy all went up 20%. We happen to pay 30% of coverage for spouses and children.
    Our business also takes insurance and when the SGA passes this year we will be reducing the number of people we have, We will have no other option as the insurance reimbursments will drop from the already tiny amount they pay to even less.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 09-24-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

What I don’t think a lot of people relies is that insurance is who sets the price for healthcare…..not the evil rich doctors. You can bill whatever you want but insurance only pays what they say. You pay in your premiums and they invest that money to make more and then reduce the amount they pay out by setting prices that benefit them. They get away with it because if you don’t take what they give you cannot survive. Here are a few examples of what they do, these are first hand knowledge on my part.
    United healthcare one of the largest around
    Urinalysis $3.50
    Semen analysis $6.00
    Embryo transfer $132
    Microbiology culture $8
    Antibiotic sensitivity $8

Lets look at each one. Urinalysis, someone must verify it was collected properly, log in patient information, aliquot the sample into a test cup used on the automated analyzer (cup cost about 20 cents and the analyzer is over 50K not to mention cost to operate and maintain). The test reagents are about $2 per test. The results must be verified by a licensed lab tech and reported, The results must be placed in the patients chart and any treatment initiated, All this for $3.50! Keep on mind that federal and state law requires that the lab do QC/QA on all testing. There is ZERI money being made on this and in fact it is a loosing proposition for many.
    How about an embryo transfer, the cost of the catheter alone is $50. Other disposables come up to another $30 bringing the total to $80 for disposable good alone, this leaves $52 to cover the time of the physician, embryologist, and usually a medical assistant who preps and helps with the patient.
    For once I have to agree with dippy Health Insurance is the only one getting anything out of this.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I have a standard bare-bones policy like most self employed. Mine just went up this month from $265 to $440 a month. Biggest increase to date, yet I've never had a claim because I have a high deductible.