The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Parts of health-care law to take effect

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson
    Can I get an AMEN on that brother??? I think a lot of folks could learn quite a bit from Mr. Thompson's work.

We have an awful lot of pro noise maker, line quoting, didactic, types here. I admit, I am an anarchistic, ex conservative, politic hating new age hippie. None of you will ever get what you want from the existing political system. Enjoy the crap the CEO's feed you and continue to feed them caviar.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." -HST.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Can I get an AMEN on that brother??? I think a lot of folks could learn quite a bit from Mr. Thompson's work.

We have an awful lot of pro noise maker, line quoting, didactic, types here. I admit, I am an anarchistic, ex conservative, politic hating new age hippie. None of you will ever get what you want from the existing political system. Enjoy the crap the CEO's feed you and continue to feed them caviar.
    And I'll give an AMEN to THAT, 2tall! Well said.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I'm afraid you aint seen nothing yet. Those of us dumb enough to still be in the business are just now starting to get emails from our carriers laying the groundwork for major rate increases in the offing due to Obamacare mandates. They can't do this crap for free. My guess is after the first of the year we will see companies withdrawing from the health care industry by either canceling their business or selling it to other companies. In either case the result will be less carriers competing for your business. The remaining companies-mainly The Blues and United Health Care- will hang around awhile hoping for a shot at administering the only game left in town - the government health plan. Me and thousands like me will be out of business not to mention thousands of support people from insurance companies, agencies, state insurance departments, etc who will be jobless. Don't forget the loss of state income in the form of premium taxes. And Dave, you will be a salaried government employee working long hours and being underpaid for your services.

Someone said earlier "Does Obamacare?" No. He doesn't but we had better care or an outcome similar to the one described above will ensue.

Pretty picture regards,
    Per the Des Monies Register today (I couldn't get the link to work), Principal Financial Group will be exiting the health insurance business in Iowa and 30 other states over the next 18 months. UnitedHealth will offer coverage to existing policyholders. 1500 employees will lose their job, 150 of them immediately This does not include the effect on agents who will more than likely be excluded from the UnitedHealth offers (maybe not but probably).

In 1941 Principal Financial under the name of Bankers Life wrote one of the first group contracts in the industry. Oddly, they become one of the first major companies to exit the business after the passage of Obamacare. The first but surely not the last.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Where is Mr. Thompson now and how did he get there??

A real American hero!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Love the blog ... have a hard time believing your self-portrait ... but surely you and Carol are "free spirits"
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Per the Des Monies Register today (I couldn't get the link to work), Principal Financial Group will be exiting the health insurance business in Iowa and 30 other states over the next 18 months. UnitedHealth will offer coverage to existing policyholders. 1500 employees will lose their job, 150 of them immediately This does not include the effect on agents who will more than likely be excluded from the UnitedHealth offers (maybe not but probably).

In 1941 Principal Financial under the name of Bankers Life wrote one of the first group contracts in the industry. Oddly, they become one of the first major companies to exit the business after the passage of Obamacare. The first but surely not the last.

Just came across this little nugget.

Susan Voss, Iowa's insurance commissioner, told Politico Thursday that "there's no correlation between health reform and Principal."

"They have been slowly decreasing the medical percentage of their revenue base for 10 years now, from something like 30 percent down to 3 percent," Voss said. "We knew a decade ago they were focusing on a different market. This is a strict business decision
    From now on, whenever anyone sneezes, it'll be Obama's fault.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote:
    Susan Voss, Iowa's insurance commissioner, told Politico Thursday that "there's no correlation between health reform and Principal."

"They have been slowly decreasing the medical percentage of their revenue base for 10 years now, from something like 30 percent down to 3 percent," Voss said. "We knew a decade ago they were focusing on a different market. This is a strict business decision

But if the health insurance industry is so profitable, as many on this list tend to believe, why would a company that had 30% of the market choose to abandon that market?

What would you expect them to say

Gee, kinda sounds like what you do to Bush.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth