The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL***2010-2011 Hunting Season POTUS Brag Thread

Add three more retrieves to Dixie's total! I killed 2 woodie drakes and 1 hooded merganser this morning.

I needed this hunt really bad today!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    Thought themz was some funny lookin labs...

Great pic.

fp
    I thought I could pass the little one off as a small chocolate lab with a perm!

Our season opened back up on Saturday. Me and a buddy went. We got a mallard, a coot and two limits of bluebills. Dixie made 5 blind retrieves for the day. We had an awesome day on the river and we're getting back at em tomorrow.

Maybe this time I will remember to put a lighter in the boat so we can cook breakfast...DOH!

Kouple of KLOWNS on Christmas Eve......

Again,
    Merry Christmas
    from Team Elvis
    Last edited by road kill; 12-24-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

This is Niko's ( 1 Y/O BLF ) first season and she is closing in on the 200 bird mark. She has been flat amazing.

Opening day......bad pic, it was raining. Her first "hunting retrieve" was a double of drake pintail that I dropped.

Day two. Got her first shot at some geese. Found 3 birds that we'd lost for sure without her in some nasty grass that day.

Opening Wen's. Got together with fellow RTF'r 7pintail for a hunt. We had a great time and Niko got to do her thing some more.

Here's a 3 man limit we took on my birthday. She made a 150+ yard blind on a pintial that sailed and fell dead in some open water. That was a proud moment.

Another good one. Got to watch her bring me my 1st drake Redhead.

I could go on and on. Needless to say I am very proud and can't wait for every chance I get to spend with her in the field. She really loves hunting out of the boat. It's something to see to watch her get some serious air off the bow when she's sent. There's no denying her love for what she does.
    You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........

I notice you harvest quite a few spoonies. Are they good eating out there? I used to put them in our bag until after getting several clunkers last year. They didn't seem to be feeding in the grain fields like they did in the past...preferring too much pond scum, and it really made them taste bad.

That was an awful large sprig in the 2nd to last pic. We never get them to full maturity during the fall hunt around here. I know the west coast...Pacific Flyway...has by far the largest migration of pins in the country. We see beau coups of them in full plumage during the spring migration. Have always wanted to get one for mounting...they are a beautiful bird.

Continued success. Your lab is having the time of her life, which only amplifies your fun.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Kouple of KLOWNS on Christmas Eve......

Again,
    Merry Christmas
    from Team Elvis
    I like it!!! But, what's all that white stuff on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I notice you harvest quite a few spoonies. Are they good eating out there? I used to put them in our bag until after getting several clunkers last year. They didn't seem to be feeding in the grain fields like they did in the past...preferring too much pond scum, and it really made them taste bad.

That was an awful large sprig in the 2nd to last pic. We never get them to full maturity during the fall hunt around here. I know the west coast...Pacific Flyway...has by far the largest migration of pins in the country. We see beau coups of them in full plumage during the spring migration. Have always wanted to get one for mounting...they are a beautiful bird.

Continued success. Your lab is having the time of her life, which only amplifies your fun.

UB
    I tend to try and hold off of shooting the spoonies early in the year because they don't taste all that great. Late season after they have been in the rice for a while they are'nt bad. They mostly get ground into pepperoni. But this being the pup's first season I am shooting as many birds as possible to get her working.

We do get a good ammount of Pin's here. I am fortunate to take several big bulls every year.

You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........

I love looking at these waterfowl pics. Im just an upland guy. Only waterfowl I can tell you is a canadian goose, a mallard duck, and a wood duck.. Some of these ducks I h ave never seen before. Its very cool and I wish you continued success this season..

RK- Good shootin!
    Wayne Beck

RIP Moose 2/6/00-1/21/10
    Bull's Harley Road Hog 5/1/10-(in training)
    Bull's Kunte Kinte 11/7/12-

Awesome pictures guys! Keep em coming!

I need to remember my camera when I go...we had another great week...Gotta work until Wednesday and then it's ON for the next few days!!