The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL***2010-2011 Hunting Season POTUS Brag Thread

BEST HUNT EVER! First pintail, 1st teal, and a bluebill to round out my first 6 bird limit! I have a couple more hunts before the season is out, but it's gonna be tough (or impossible) to beat this! I have been dreaming of a pintail for years and I finally got my first opportunity for one...

Dixie picked up all 6 birds. She did outstanding, as usual...I can't wait to see how next season goes with her! She has come a LONG way and I am so proud of her...

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    BEST HUNT EVER! First pintail, 1st teal, and a bluebill to round out my first 6 bird limit! I have a couple more hunts before the season is out, but it's gonna be tough (or impossible) to beat this! I have been dreaming of a pintail for years and I finally got my first opportunity for one...

Dixie picked up all 6 birds. She did outstanding, as usual...I can't wait to see how next season goes with her! She has come a LONG way and I am so proud of her...

That looks like a sweet day.

When your pup brung them ducks back, and you was feelin' mighty proud, was there maybe just a little tear in yer eye??

AWESOME!!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That looks like a sweet day.

When your pup brung them ducks back, and you was feelin' mighty proud, was there maybe just a little tear in yer eye??

AWESOME!!!

stan b
    No tears, but daggonit if I wasn't COVERED with goosebumps when she picked up my pintail!!!!! I'm getting them now just remembering it...

Nice! Neat little boat too.
    Bill Davis

Great job. It will be a day you remember for a long time.

Our water is hard but all you did is start the fire for next year . thanks and good job. How long does your season run till?

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Our water is hard but all you did is start the fire for next year . thanks and good job. How long does your season run till?
    Saturday.

(insert crying smiley)

Here is the elk I was lucky enough to take on a late season hunt in early Dec in northern AZ near Williams, AZ. I know it doesn't look like it the photo, but it was cold, single digit temps most mornings. Found this bull down in a south facing canyon with a little sun, out of the wind. Wouldn't you know it, after I shot him a bigger one comes walking by! My first elk though, so no complaints here... Fantastic table fare too.
    Last edited by huntinman; 05-16-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Here is the elk I was lucky enough to take on a late season hunt in early Dec in northern AZ near Williams, AZ. I know it doesn't look like it the photo, but it was cold, single digit temps most mornings. Found this bull down in a south facing canyon with a little sun, out of the wind. Wouldn't you know it, after I shot him a bigger one comes walking by! My first elk though, so no complaints here... Fantastic table fare too.
    Nice 5 X 5 Bill.
    It looks like you may need to adjust your windage a few inches to the right; which may be a problem, because from your postings on here it is likely you can't get much more to the right.

I haven't been Elk hunting{also quit golf,drugs, whores, etc} since I got back into dogs 5 years ago. But I have still been accumulating preference points {currently at 8} in my home area of Unit 76 in SW Colorado.
    I promised my buddies that when I draw I'll make it out there. I've got some serious training to get back into Elk hunting shape, though.

Congratulations again on your bull and Bon Appitit!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Nice 5 X 5 Bill.
    It looks like you may need to adjust your windage a few inches to the right; which may be a problem, because from your postings on here it is likely you can't get much more to the right.

I haven't been Elk hunting{also quit golf,drugs, whores, etc} since I got back into dogs 5 years ago. But I have still been accumulating preference points {currently at 8} in my home area of Unit 76 in SW Colorado.
    I promised my buddies that when I draw I'll make it out there. I've got some serious training to get back into Elk hunting shape, though.

Congratulations again on your bull and Bon Appitit!!

I know what you mean here, I used to have quite a bit of money, but I spent some on Bikes, Booze, Babes and gambling the sad part is I squandered the rest!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 01-27-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis