The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Cage The Elephant, In One Ear. A POTUS theam song??

Smile Cage The Elephant, In One Ear. A POTUS theam song??

Cage The Elephant, In One Ear. A POTUS theam song??

As many of you know, and as some may not. We have had a couple music threads. I grove to what may be now called the alternative rock genre. Actualy I simply ROCK! And listen to new music all the time. Back in the 70ís to today, new rock. So that actualy means I listen to classic rock, regular rock, Pop, disco, and Alternative. I donít much do the cowboy music. Too many years of holding the rabbit ears so Dad could watch Hee Haw without a snowy screen. I do enjoy the old Lester Flatt and Earl Skruggs but I digress.
    I became aware of cage the elephant when their single ďAinít no rest for the wickedĒ came out. Their sound, raw, with intelligent lyrics, grabbed me.
    They have a few songs getting radio play that I like but in one ear just simply rocks and I feel could be the perfect RTF POTUS page theme song

Here they are live, a good version. Check um out. Click - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDaDsvO9xrI
    Now, it is rock and roll so if you groove to the cowboy music you may not enjoy.
    But if you rock, or your kids do, turn the mother up and enjoy.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

i have no time for such foolishness -- HT tomorrow!!

all packed and ready, just have to stay up and visit with my daughter when she comes in tonight, otherwise i would be in bed since i have a 3am wake up and 4 hour drive.......

but i luv ya anyway Ken - so i listened to the song, i bet it was great live! is this a local vermont band?

gonna be a loooooooooooooooong day tomorrow......

Any band with a GoldTop Les Paul can't be too bad!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

not a local band David,
    From Boling Green, KY.
    Good luck on the morrow.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

That would be the perfect POTUS theme song. My ears are bleeding after 4 minutes, just like after 4 minutes of hanging out in here.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    That would be the perfect POTUS theme song. My ears are bleeding after 4 minutes, just like after 4 minutes of hanging out in here.

well........
    I say, stop typing with your ears

Ken, I think you are on to something big, check out post #14
    http://retrievertraining.net/forums/...t=56349&page=2

I agree, I can't listen to that Nashville Hill Billy Pop.

If you like Cage The Elephant then checkout bands like;
    Kings Of Leon
    Three Days Grace
    Breaking Benjamin
    Sick Puppies
    Saving Abel
    Stone Sour

However, not everything coming out of Tennessee is from Nashville. Checkout these Rocky Top rockers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhXHvRoUd0
    Last edited by Franco; 09-27-2010 at 01:43 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

it's oldie material, but i'm kind of fond of Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks. anyone here remember them?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I agree,
    I can't listen to that Nashville Hill Billy Pop.

If you like Cage The Elephant then checkout bands like;
    Kings Of Leon
    Three Days Grace
    Breaking Benjamin
    Sick Puppies
    Saving Abel
    Stone Sour

all are in the truck,
    love the voice on Corry (stone sour)
    and you left out silverchair That Kid (what is he like 19??) has a voice of the gods..... just rocks!!!!!!!!