The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Can't Beat them on Issues.....

Default If You Can't Beat them on Issues.....

Do what you do best!!!

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

I especially like this issue;

Democrats' strategy: Start slinging
    Negative advertisements have hit the airwaves early as Democratic candidates fight to preserve the party's congressional majority.

By JEFF ZELENY, New York Times

WASHINGTON -- Democratic candidates across the country are opening a fierce offensive of negative advertisements against Republicans, using lawsuits, tax filings, reports from the Better Business Bureau and even divorce proceedings to try to discredit their opponents and save their congressional majority.

Opposition research and attack advertising are deployed in almost every election, but these biting ads are coming far earlier than ever before, according to party strategists. The campaign has intensified in the past two weeks as early voting begins in several states and as vulnerable incumbents try to fight off an onslaught of influences by outside groups."

"Tax filings?"
    When did that start to matter to Democrats???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Do what you do best!!!

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

I especially like this issue;

Democrats' strategy: Start slinging
    Negative advertisements have hit the airwaves early as Democratic candidates fight to preserve the party's congressional majority.

By JEFF ZELENY, New York Times

WASHINGTON -- Democratic candidates across the country are opening a fierce offensive of negative advertisements against Republicans, using lawsuits, tax filings, reports from the Better Business Bureau and even divorce proceedings to try to discredit their opponents and save their congressional majority.

Opposition research and attack advertising are deployed in almost every election, but these biting ads are coming far earlier than ever before, according to party strategists. The campaign has intensified in the past two weeks as early voting begins in several states and as vulnerable incumbents try to fight off an onslaught of influences by outside groups."

"Tax filings?"
    When did that start to matter to Democrats???

RK
    You have Lee Atwater and his disciple, Karl Rove to thank for perfecting this technique. Unfortunately, they also proved it very effective, and therefore, it's not going away anytime soon. Didn't you think your very own techniques would be used against you when the tables were turned? Same goes for filibusters and procedural loopholes. Neither side has exclusive claim to dirty politics.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You have Lee Atwater and his disciple, Karl Rove to thank for perfecting this technique. Unfortunately, they also proved it very effective, and therefore, it's not going away anytime soon. Didn't you think your very own techniques would be used against you when the tables were turned? Same goes for filibusters and procedural loopholes. Neither side has exclusive claim to dirty politics.
    I think your party has Obama to thank for having nothing else but this as strategy!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think your party has Obama to thank for having nothing else but this as strategy!!

RK
    You're probably right about that. Except its not my party.
    I already have two republicans and one democrat that I will be supporting in my state and local elections this fall.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You're probably right about that. Except its not my party.
    I already have two republicans and one democrat that I will be supporting in my state and local elections this fall.
    Surely you jest? Have these Republicans somehow convinced you that they will NOT VOTE THE PARTY line as instructed in the future? If indeed they have I encourage you to monitor their voting performance after the election and see if you've been had again.

I'm with dipitty
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I will admit that I used to vote for a mixture of Republicans and Democrats on a regular basis. I stopped as a result of the contract on America and the impeachment attack on Clinton. The moderate Republicans I had supported all voted for impeachment on party line votes. I wil never vote for a Republican in Federal office again unless the party divorces itself from the religious right and the political morality of Newt Gingrich. Instead it seems to be aligning itself closer and closer to both.

Neither republican I am supporting is at the national level. I agree with Jeff's assessment of the national republican party.

For a while I held hope that the tea party was a grass roots, conservative leaning effort to retake our gov't from the hands of industry and lobbyists. That ended when I found out that industry and lobbyists like Dick Armey are the heart of the tea party. Throw in some of the extreme religious types, (not even counting the Wiccans) and its main purpose may be to enable dems to keep the congress and the whitehouse for years to come.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I will admit that I used to vote for a mixture of Republicans and Democrats on a regular basis. I stopped as a result of the contract on America and the impeachment attack on Clinton. The moderate Republicans I had supported all voted for impeachment on party line votes. I wil never vote for a Republican in Federal office again unless the party divorces itself from the religious right and the political morality of Newt Gingrich. Instead it seems to be aligning itself closer and closer to both.
    My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately, the Democratic party is rapidly approaching the same level of distrust.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    so you feel its perfectly acceptable for a president to get blowjobs in the oval office and then lie about it.

sadly, that doesn't surprise me one bit.