The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Can't Beat them on Issues.....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I stopped as a result of the contract on America and the impeachment attack on Clinton. .

Clinton as President lied under oath. For that he should have been impeached!
    I don't give a rat's butt about what he did with Monica. I do care that he lied UNDER OATH
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so you feel its perfectly acceptable for a president to get blowjobs in the oval office and then lie about it.

sadly, that doesn't surprise me one bit.
    Darn, I hope we're not out of popcorn! This is gonna be gooooood!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Darn, I hope we're not out of popcorn! This is gonna be gooooood!
    dont wad your panties up just yet dave, i have nothing else to say but what i just said. he lied under oath. period. how can it be good unless someone tries to claim he didnt lie under oath?

too tired after a long weekend of hunt tests and glowing with a master pass shine regards......

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    dont wad your panties up just yet dave, i have nothing else to say but what i just said. he lied under oath. period. how can it be good unless someone tries to claim he didnt lie under oath?

too tired after a long weekend of hunt tests and glowing with a master pass shine regards......
    Congrats on the pass.

I don't refute what happened. I don't refute he lied about it. I will refute whether that rose to the level of treason or other impeachable offense. His predecessor said "read my lips, no new taxes." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall impeachment hearings when he increased taxes?? That WAS a lie, wasn't it?

Notice the restraint....I'm not even mentioning the other guy....

Again, congrats on the pass.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Congrats on the pass.

I don't refute what happened. I don't refute he lied about it. I will refute whether that rose to the level of treason or other impeachable offense. His predecessor said "read my lips, no new taxes." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall impeachment hearings when he increased taxes?? That WAS a lie, wasn't it?

and exactly what oath was Bush Sr. under at that time???? maybe i missed that part, but lying under oath is a criminal offense, a felony in fact. general political lies are expected - hell Obama tops the charts with all his transparency etc...... - its a simple word dave - OATH - that is the key difference.

thanks for the congrats. man these three series 2-day events are a lot different from jr and sr....but a lot more satisfying when you succeed.

we do have some creeping corrections to accomplish in the next 2 weeks though....

don't refute what happened. I don't refute he lied about it. I will refute whether that rose to the level of treason or other impeachable offense.

Lying under oath is perjury ... a criminal offense. Does a POTUS get a "get out of jail free card" for a criminal offense? Only certain criminal offenses?

His predecessor said "read my lips, no new taxes." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall impeachment hearings when he increased taxes?? That WAS a lie, wasn't it? Since campaign promises are routinely not made under oath, that would be on a par with O's promise to close Gitmo, or no more "pork", or putting bills on the Internet for 5 days before votes, or putting Congressional debates on CNN?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Congrats on the pass.

His successor committed the country to war by lying to the American people and to the world. He was also caught red handed lying about domestic spying on Americans. Neither of these were determined to be impeachable either. Go figure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    His successor committed the country to war by lying to the American people and to the world. He was also caught red handed lying about domestic spying on Americans. Neither of these were determined to be impeachable either. Go figure.
    and the broken record speaks AGAIN

must be really boring in your head

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    As bad as that might have hurt your feelings, it wasn't against the law. Lying under Oath though is. See the difference.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

What Clinton did was an affront to our judicial system. He used his power, money and influence to conspire to deny an American citizen her most basic right...to have her grievance heard in a court of law. He lied under oath to cover his arse. He conspired with others to lie under oath to cover his arse.

Obama, I think, is basically a good and decent man with f'ed up political beliefs. His administration, while I don't agree with hardly any of them, is largely comprised of people who want what they think is best for the country (obviously not what I, or most Americans think). Clinton, on the other hand, was/is a low-class, two-bit grifter and user of other people. He didn't (and doesn't) care how many people he stepped on or over as long as it suited his prodigious ambitions. His administration was largely a thugocracy of other like-minded grifters who would say/do anything for a buck or more power.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.