The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No respect for the Mountain West

Default No respect for the Mountain West

OK, to be upfront I am a Utah Alumni.

How is it that we win and three teams in front of us lose but we don't go up in the rankings. That wouldn't happen to a school in a BCS conference. I will even give you LSU and Auburn moving up because they had big wins but Stanford beating a 1-3 Notra Dame, that moves you past really?

On top of that Oregon move past TCU. Oregon doesn't have a win against a team with a record over .500 and their big win this weekend was a win over Arizona State, a .500 team with wins over N. Arizona and Portland State?

Come on people!

A team is only as good as the teams they beat. Who does Utah play? Who have they beaten?
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Nebraska shellacked UW 56-21 the week before - took on a team from South Dakota State & won 17-3 with a TD by SD called back because of a questionable call. NE's ranking did not change! What does that say?

Either the UW has not recovered from the Barbara Hedges era or tiny SD STATE is not that bad though they are 0-3 .

But I would have expected to hear from Bon, TX took it in the shorts this weekend . You gotta love over ranked teams with all the amenities getting it handed to them .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    A team is only as good as the teams they beat. Who does Utah play? Who have they beaten?

Everyone knows that isn't the way the rankings work. They start before anyone ever plays a game with writers or coaches making assumptions with biases toward the big conferences. Then from there it is mostly based on what they do but there are these unwritten bias about how teams move up and down. I think Stanford moving up 7 places basicly becasue they beat UCLA a few weeks ago and they turn around and beat Texas is biased.

You say rankings aren't based on who teams beat and then go onto to say Stanford moved up seven places because of who they beat???? Who they play and win and by how much directly affects the rankings.

The Mountain West teams get no respect because they never play any teams. This is coming from a Boise State fan. Up until this year Boise plays maybe 1 decent team a year and this year they play 2 decent teams. First they play VT and barely beat them and the next week VT goes on to lose to an unranked team. This past week Boise beat a 24th ranked Oregon team. Now for the rest of the season they play absolutely no one. And to top it off I'm still confused why non BCS teams even get a chance in BCS games anyway.

EDIT: Just looked at Utah's schedule. They played a 15th ranked Pittsburgh team that they barely won in over time by a field goal. and now they play no one else until TCU. if they beat TCU and don't move in the rankings (provided they don't lose a game first) then you would have a valid complaint.
    Last edited by Cody Covey; 09-27-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Nebraska shellacked UW 56-21 the week before - took on a team from South Dakota State & won 17-3 with a TD by SD called back because of a questionable call. NE's ranking did not change! What does that say?

Either the UW has not recovered from the Barbara Hedges era or tiny SD STATE is not that bad though they are 0-3 .

But I would have expected to hear from Bon, TX took it in the shorts this weekend . You gotta love over ranked teams with all the amenities getting it handed to them

The Eyes of Texas are filled with tears....we were over rated and flat out got our butts kicked by UCLA...our OC called avery poor game and the QB looked scared and made terrible choices...locked in on receivers and made short lateral throws for three yds when we needed four for first downs...

No excuses we just got beat and we arent as good as everyone including myself thought
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

.... we arent as good as everyone including myself thought
    And neither is your next weaks opponent.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 09-27-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Anybody catch the score of the WISCONSIN game??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Anybody catch the score of the WISCONSIN game??

RK
    yup didnt they run up the score on some JC school or Univ.of Phoenix

(Bill Connor is gonna hate me for that one )
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    yup didnt they run up the score on some JC school or Univ.of Phoenix

(Bill Connor is gonna hate me for that one )
    Texas didn't ever run up a score, did they??
    I know they didn't Sat!!

Sorry Bon, that was mean..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis