The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No respect for the Mountain West

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    Boise has proven that they can beat any team with enough time, however I don't think they could run the gauntlet of a BCS conference where you have to play tough teams just about every week (certainly every other week).
    Boise, TCU or Utah could easily run the table in the ACC or Big East. They could also handle the P-10, Big 10 or Big 12. Every team has trouble getting through the SEC. Alabama is the best in the country and they will be lucky to finish undefeated. I don't mind bias for SEC teams,they have earned it. It is the others that bug me. Putting the SEC and the Big East in the same catagory is a joke but these other BCS conferences get the benefit of the doubt too.
    Watch, if Utah lose to TCU and ends up 11-1, a 10-2 Big East champion and a few ACC teams without wins against a single ranked opponent will end up ranked higher then them just because they are in BCS conferences. If Utah beats TCU, they will be locked out of the top 5 and a BCS bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Boise, TCU or Utah could easily run the table in the ACC or Big East. They could also handle the P-10, Big 10 or Big 12. Every team has trouble getting through the SEC. Alabama is the best in the country and they will be lucky to finish undefeated. I don't mind bias for SEC teams,they have earned it. It is the others that bug me. Putting the SEC and the Big East in the same catagory is a joke but these other BCS conferences get the benefit of the doubt too.
    Watch, if Utah lose to TCU and ends up 11-1, a 10-2 Big East champion and a few ACC teams without wins against a single ranked opponent will end up ranked higher then them just because they are in BCS conferences. If Utah beats TCU, they will be locked out of the top 5 and a BCS bowl.
    totally agree about big east, ACC is usually better and will be back (miami, FSU, Va. tech). i think utah would be competitive in P10 every year. not sure about the others, some years sure. but i think they avg. 8 wins per year.
    next 5 games for ala - FL., @sc, OLE MISS, @tenn, bye, @LSU. any given year that would be 5 top 25 teams with 2 top tens.

Ought to be some more BCS conference shuffling going on these next couple of years. Tell the Utes to stepup and be done with it.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    Ought to be some more BCS conference shuffling going on these next couple of years. Tell the Utes to stepup and be done with it.
    they already have...anyone remember the 2009 Sugar Bowl , I think they walloped # 4 ALABAMA 31-17 to finish undefeated .....even though most schools won't admit it, no one want to face an undefeated TCU-Utah-Boise St with nothing to lose and everything to gain
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    they already have...anyone remember the 2009 Sugar Bowl , I think they walloped # 4 ALABAMA 31-17 to finish undefeated .....even though most schools won't admit it, no one want to face an undefeated TCU-Utah-Boise St with nothing to lose and everything to gain
    This is very true....... plus the BCS would be completely exposed for the sham that it really is. I am very confident that the monies exchanged between alumni/college/BCS is very tightly protected, and that it is a poker table that none of these universities can even afford the ante.........JMO. It is a complete shame.

Yeah, they would walk right thru Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and the newly added (next year) Nebraska like it was nothing!!!!

C'MON...MAN!!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 09-29-2010 at 03:41 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, they would walk right thru Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and the newly added (next year) Nebraska like it was nothing!!!!

C'MON...MAN!!!!

RK

Yup.
    LSU, Bama, Florida, South Carolina & Georgia would make for an easy 2 months worth of ball (heck...even Kentucky n Mississippi could cause havoc)

Win em all and it'll all work itself out.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Banned

OK, to be upfront I am a Utah Alumni.

How is it that we win and three teams in front of us lose but we don't go up in the rankings. That wouldn't happen to a school in a BCS conference. I will even give you LSU and Auburn moving up because they had big wins but Stanford beating a 1-3 Notra Dame, that moves you past really?

On top of that Oregon move past TCU. Oregon doesn't have a win against a team with a record over .500 and their big win this weekend was a win over Arizona State, a .500 team with wins over N. Arizona and Portland State?

Come on people!
    Guess it will be a little more clear this weekend. Oregon hosts Stanford... Go Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

C'MON...MAN!!!!

RK

The only way to set the speculation of rankings aside would be a playoff system. Maybe, we can get Obama on it There has got to be a way without harming the integrety of the bowls.

Other than Ohio St. what do you have? And, they can't even win a National Championship!

SEC, three NC's in a row and what 5-6 of the last 10!

I will say that even though this season of SEC teams looks the weakest it has in many years I still think that the SEC makes it 4 NC's in a row.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Who Cares, The Buckeyes Are #2 Waiting For 'bama To Trip Up - Almost Happened Against Arkansas. If The Razorbacks Didn't Have A Former Michigan Qb Who Chokes Like Old Times With The Wolverines It Might Have Happened. If You Want Bcs Love, Then Join A Premier Conference...