The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No respect for the Mountain West

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Boise, TCU or Utah could easily run the table in the ACC or Big East. They could also handle the P-10, Big 10 or Big 12. Every team has trouble getting through the SEC. Alabama is the best in the country and they will be lucky to finish undefeated. I don't mind bias for SEC teams,they have earned it. It is the others that bug me. Putting the SEC and the Big East in the same catagory is a joke but these other BCS conferences get the benefit of the doubt too.
    I remember talking exactly that way when ASU was 'king o the hill' in the WAC. I seriously do welcome Utah & Colorado to the PAC, both institutions have great fans and will make for fun trips. I'll save my Bwwaaaahhhhhaas' for about three years from now after you've actually played some 'major league' schedules....especially after that impressive win over a 4-5 ND team.......oh wait.......NDs 5-5 now????? wth? You're gonna find precisely what I did......"LACK OF DEPTH"..........2 & 3 * kids have a tough time hanging with schools loaded with 3, 4 & 5 * rosters. You have nearly all your commits for this year and it is all 2 & 3 * kids (zero 4 or 5 *)....while Stanford for example, has eight 4 * I do wish you 'good luck' however........(well, except for your Tempe excursions)
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

If Boise State played in a "big boy" conference like the SEC, they would be at best 6 - 6. Most SEC Defenses would chew them up and spit them out like a bad piece of meat.

They may get a little more respect in the PAC 10 but then again, that conference is just another "one team" conference. USC for the last decade was the only team that played well and now Oregon. It is not like they have half a dozen teams that annually challenge for greatness.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If Boise State played in a "big boy" conference like the SEC, they would be at best 6 - 6. Most SEC Defenses would chew them up and spit them out like a bad piece of meat.

They may get a little more respect in the PAC 10 but then again, that conference is just another "one team" conference. USC for the last decade was the only team that played well and now Oregon. It is not like they have half a dozen teams that annually challenge for greatness.
    'cept they ain't goin' to the PAC.......they pulled the "boner" move of all time and moved to the MWC. They'll gain no more respect due to an equally poor schedule and now they'll have no TV exposure as the MWC's TV contract doesn't compare to what the WAC had. They may well have just buried themselves into oblivion.

AND........as far as the lack of respect for the PAC.........coming from an sec braggart.......keep drinking the cool aid, you Ragin Cajun Maggot.....the PAC will take home the 'Crystal Ball' this year.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    'cept they ain't goin' to the PAC.......they pulled the "boner" move of all time and moved to the MWC. They'll gain no more respect due to an equally poor schedule and now they'll have no TV exposure as the MWC's TV contract doesn't compare to what the WAC had. They may well have just buried themselves into oblivion.

AND........as far as the lack of respect for the PAC.........coming from an sec braggart.......keep drinking the cool aid, you Ragin Cajun Maggot.....the PAC will take home the 'Crystal Ball' this year.
    I wouldn't know what Boise St is doing as I only keep up with the real powerhouses.

So, you don't think the SEC will make it 5 National Championships in a row.
    I don't see how the Ducks could possibly hang with the likes of the War Eagles, Crimson Tide or that surprising 8 - 1 team from Baton Rouge, the real Tigers. LSU will have 3 D players taken in the first round of the NFL draft and as usual, one-third of the NFL First Rounders will come from the SEC.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I wouldn't know what Boise St is doing as I only keep up with the real powerhouses.

So, you don't think the SEC will make it 5 National Championships in a row.
    I don't see how the Ducks could possibly hang with the likes of the War Eagles, Crimson Tide or that surprising 8 - 1 team from Baton Rouge, the real Tigers. LSU will have 3 D players taken in the first round of the NFL draft and as usual, one-third of the NFL First Rounders will come from the SEC.
    Don't even think an sec squad will appear in the 'Prize' game....the Ducks would simply scoff at any member of that paper tiger league. I'm thinkin' TCU might just squeak in there but, alas, the PAC Champion will 'roll' the toads like a cheap Bourbon Street drunk.

Don't even think an sec squad will appear in the 'Prize' game....the Ducks would simply scoff at any member of that paper tiger league. I'm thinkin' TCU might just squeak in there but, alas, the PAC Champion will 'roll' the toads like a cheap Bourbon Street drunk.
    Auburn still has a big i-state rivalry game to play with Bama and then the SEC Champ game. If they win those two, they should be ranked #1 in the BCS poll.

Auburn, Bama or LSU would flatten the Ducks. In fact, I think Arkansas and would beat them as well.

Banned

Auburn still has a big i-state rivalry game to play with Bama and then the SEC Champ game. If they win those two, they should be ranked #1 in the BCS poll.

Auburn, Bama or LSU would flatten the Ducks. In fact, I think Arkansas and would beat them as well.
    Guess we'lll find out. One of those teams will be ranked #2. And get a shot at the #1 Ducks!

Ducks came within a missed FG of getting beat yesterday....I like Auburn led by their coach Gene Chizik (who actually put together the Texas defense on the '05 MNC team ) and as much as it pains me to admit, there is going to be a one loss LSU team lurking in the shadows along with a one loss Wisconsin team and maybe a one loss Ohio St. team , anyone of the three could beat any of the top 4
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Alright Booty........beings we been friends for such a long time I'm gonna let you take some crib notes. Grab a pencil and jot this down.

Auburn is going to run into two buzz saw teams...Bama & South Carolina and lose both of their final games.

LSpU will be left wondering WTH happened after being whooped by two inspired squads in Mississippi & Arkansas.

Bama (by virtue of its' win over Auburn) will square off with South Carolina in the SEC Championship match and hand the Cocks another disappointing defeat.

SEC Champion, Bama...will return to the Sugar Bowl where they will battle the blue boys, bouncing them back to their bailiwick, boise like the bawdy bunch of baffled babbling back burner bairns they be.

Alright Booty........beings we been friends for such a long time I'm gonna let you take some crib notes. Grab a pencil and jot this down.

Auburn is going to run into two buzz saw teams...Bama & South Carolina and lose both of their final games.

LSU will be left wondering WTH happened after being whooped by two inspired squads in Mississippi & Arkansas.

Bama (by virtue of its' win over Auburn) will square off with South Carolina in the SEC Championship match and hand the Cocks another disappointing defeat.

SEC Champion, Bama...will return to the Sugar Bowl where they will battle the blue boys, bouncing them back to their bailiwick, boise like the bawdy bunch of baffled babbling back burner bairns they be.
    the SEC championship game is already set with Auburn vs So Carolina
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"